Wishes Replacement?

stitchcastle

If this is somewhat true you can be sure all them Disneyland-fans are going to complain again if not more about WDW stealing the 50th.

jaredliu

The new firework will be exclusive for Disneyland. It is reported to be the biggiest,the longest (19mins),the grandest, the most technology-advanced,and the most expensive firework show of the entrie Disney Company History. (including DL,DLP,TDL,and WDW). There are some parts of show almost identical to Wishes, but the other parts just imporved to be a grander scale. If this firework does go to MK, please never feel sad as you will soon forget "Wishes" after seeing this.

MysteryJames

bryan, you apparently haven't met me!! ^^

I'm a CP and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the company and what I get to do. I love being a Disney-freak, singing along to the score of Wishes, being a part of the magic. I love it so much I extended my program till January of 2006! :wheeuberexcitement:

^^

Epcot82Guy

Just to keep the drift going and then end it, I will support both sides here. And before I get started, just let me say that I am 23 years old. Did my College Program in 2002. Worked in the Advanced Intern Program, and have friends in Recruiting for the CP (in fact did an entire research project on that process). So, I am not simply shooting from the hip here. I will say the statement that CP is a 7 month party is too much. That is not offensive, though. I would argue the presence is great enough to warrant that as a stereotype that must be fought. Bryan is VERY correct in that a large percentage of CPers are there simply to get a resume boost and are not looking to really try the Disney way. I don't know that they are major party animals per se, but they are living as they would in college (and going to work looking and acting like they would in class).

I would also venture to guess any CPer on here is much more of a Disney fan than most (since all of us are a bit wacky). Also, if you are at Disney, doing your job, making people have a great time, you don't (assuming everything is going the way WDW should - which is another discussion for anohter time) get noticed. If you are rude, sluggish, etc. you do.

Long things short(er) - hopefully letting this drift die or go into another thread - The CP attracts college students. College students, as a stereotype, like to party when they have the time to. The current training and management programs are not so strict or effective as to stop this (because they like the cheap labor., the program cannot reduce size right now, and they simply have too many CPers to handle them with FT CMs). However, there is a very high percentage that does good work and an equal percentage that are Disney fans and are doing the great work they should be. I would say the partiers make up about 30%. That is my take on the overall situation from an old but recent CPer. The program needs to stop growing and become more strict and those problems will reduce. Until then, party kids are there. They have a strong presence, but it is not enough to make the complete overarching statement.

:p BACK TO TOPIC- Some of the new music coming out is great. I hope it keeps going this way. I miss the old tunes of EPCOT Center and other areas. I:ROE started the trend, and Soarin' took it right along the same route. Keep it coming (even if it is imported from Anaheim!)

WDWhumanmap

Oh my God people don't do that to me!!!!!
I thought this was serious about Wishes!!!!
I never want to see Wishes leave it's the best fireworks display ever with the greatest theme song in the world that is so aweinspring(sp?).
I don't know what I would do if Wishes closed after one year. I would think Disney is mad for one then everything else on top of that.

I mean look at what they have done to all us fans in the past. I mean I was suprised to read this post and this rumor it's just too soon!!!!!!

But that's Disney for ya sometimes it just gets me so mad what they do even if it's rumored.
I mean they took away Horizons, Kitchen Kabert, I can go on....
Then they rumored to take away SSE (the main symbol of Epcot I might point out) and CofP(the symbol of Walt's dream coming true). I mean I admit SSE and CofP are out of date but these are classics come on I know Disney is going to change but killing classics is rediculous(sp?). There needs to be some staples that need to stay for reasons I mean I was crying like most when i was one of the first ones to see Horizons being knocked down!!! :cry: Sorry I had to go there but I am making a point to what would happen if project Gemini went through no more SSE :zipit: !!! I mean that's the main symbol of Epcot and most of Disney World for crying out loud knocking that down would be like a mortal sin.
Besides Wishes hasn't even have a chance yet to become a classic I mean let it become boring like Spectro Magic and old like MSELP before you retired it :sohappy: .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom