Wishes Photos from 12-7-06

Here are some photos from Wishes at 6pm (Not the Holiday Wishes show) last Thursday. (I'm reviewing the MVMCP Wishes photos now, stay tuned).

It was a great show that night, though a bit windy :)...

061207_1459_E4169_X.JPG

061207_1512_E4179_X.JPG

061207_1512_E4180_X.JPG

061207_1512_E4183_X.JPG

061207_1512_E4184_X.JPG

061207_1512_E4187_X.JPG

061207_1513_E4189_X.JPG

061207_1513_E4191_X.JPG

061207_1514_E4197_X.JPG

More coming....

LeeSeeBabe

Beautiful pictures!! I haven't seen the fireworks at MK in years because whenever I used to go to the World with my parents I was younger they wanted to 'beat the crowds' to the buses. I remember then just grabbing my hand and leading me backwards because i was fixated on the fireworks.

You to alot of pictures, I hope that you got to enjoy atleast a little of the show without snapping pics the whole time!!

gregburg

Original Poster
Those are amazing pictures! Did you use a tripod?

I took them by hand. I was using a motion stabilized lens, which let me take the shutter time down to a 20th to 30th of a second. Also, I set the ISO higher on the camera so it was more sensitive to light. Last, I put the camera in full manual mode so that it stayed with shutter and aperture settings that I wanted. In a few I put the camera (Nikon D200) into aperture priority mode, but changed the metering area to be just the center of the frame rather than the entire frame. One other trick was to set the exposure compensation down about -1.3 stops to keep the sky black.

I don't like to use a tripod at the parks since they take up a bunch of room, plus carrying one around the parks for the day is 4 lbs that my back doesn't need.

Thanks for the compliment
-Greg

Skippy

Really nice pictures. I'm impressed.

I'll have to get my camera settings straight soon.. eesh, I don't know quite what to do but i'm sure I'll stumble through it.

wdwphan

I took them by hand. I was using a motion stabilized lens, which let me take the shutter time down to a 20th to 30th of a second. Also, I set the ISO higher on the camera so it was more sensitive to light. Last, I put the camera in full manual mode so that it stayed with shutter and aperture settings that I wanted. In a few I put the camera (Nikon D200) into aperture priority mode, but changed the metering area to be just the center of the frame rather than the entire frame. One other trick was to set the exposure compensation down about -1.3 stops to keep the sky black.

I don't like to use a tripod at the parks since they take up a bunch of room, plus carrying one around the parks for the day is 4 lbs that my back doesn't need.

Thanks for the compliment
-Greg

Great pictures. I just picked up a d80 myself. Not to go way off topic, but were you using the 18-200 or the 24-120VR? I'm trying to find the 18-200 but no luck :(.

Incredible pictures though. This is the reason I just upgraded to a DSLR :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom