Wishes or Fantasy in the Sky?

Wishes or FITS? Which is your Favorite show?

• Total voters

boo52

PhotoDave219 said:
Having the fireworks launched off a SMTPE time code and timed to 1/30th of a second is simply amazing.

While Wishes does use SMPTE Timecode to fire, the firing softwares shot clock can fire cues at 1/100th of a second.

WDWScottieBoy

Wishes is by far the best fireworks display and show I have ever seen. I LOVE the music, the fireworks, just everything about it. The theming is excellent, the timing is perfect and it's longer than FitS. It's one show I will NEVER ever forget.

DisneyFan 2000

Personally, I prefer IllumiNations over both but I voted for FitS just so it'll push the score for the show a little higher. :D

I personally enjoy both very much but IllumiNations: RoE rules all! :lol:

KevinPage

I was underwhelmed by Wihes the 1st time I've seen it (like everything else I get excited about before seeing). But aftr eeing it a 2nd, 3rd and 4th time, there really is no comparsion, is is MUCH better than Fantasy in the Sky.

It's like comparing ice cream to broccolli. Which would you prefer to eat? :lol:

civileng68

Account Suspended
?

maxime29 said:
Tough choice. I'll go with Wishes. Although I miss tinkerbell coming down from the castle.

Maybe you saw Wishes on an inclement weather night or something but, Tinkerbell still comes out of the castle and in fact has a much brighter outfit, better lit than in FITS.

civileng68

Account Suspended
ok

civileng68 said:
Maybe you saw Wishes on an inclement weather night or something but, Tinkerbell still comes out of the castle and in fact has a much brighter outfit, better lit than in FITS.

Sorry, I see someone else already responded likewise.

MouseMadness

Well, I have no childhood memories of FitS, which is why, perhaps, it doesn't hold a special place in my heart. When I first saw it, I thought, "Wow, that was neat." :lol: But Wishes I really FEEL. Can't wait to see it again! :)

phlydude

Wishes seems to have a better theme. I don't ever remember a theme behind FitS (maybe I wasn't paying enough attention?) but I have listened to the Wishes CD alot which may be a reason behind it.

figmentfan

Fantasy in the Sky had better music with it. I can't stand the music with the Wishes Fireworks.

Wishes does however have better fireworks. I have only watched it once from the Magic Kingdom, the other times, I ahve watched from the Contemporary Resort.

Hands down, the best fireworks show is Illuminations: Reflections of Earth!

wannab@dis

Wishes!! Much better theme, timing and fireworks. The timing and "show" really made an impact the first time I saw it. I was blown away!

IMO - Be sure to watch from Main Street for the best view!

Figment1986

Wishes is great. (I wish their was some different music in the sequences... such as the wicked queen part repalced here or fantasmic...)

I think Wishes is great, and Illuminiations, ROE are up high....

maxime29

Premium Member
civileng68 said:
Sorry, I see someone else already responded likewise.

Yeah, I kinda realized why she didn't appear when I watched the show:
Now I figured out why I didn't see Tink. The day I recorded the show it was right after a thunderstorm, and there was still lightning in the area. Most likely they didn't have anyone in the sky in fear of getting electricuted by lightning. Too bad I missed seeing her.

Thanks for helping though. :wave:

jrashadb

Wishes is much better... and, I'll tell you why...

Let's put it this way...

Because I live relatively close to Orlando, when our family goes to WDW, we usually only spend holiday weekends there. Because people have to wake up and go to work, we usually leave early on the third day. Because or that, we only have the opportunity to see two nightime shows.

Back in the day, it was easy to figure out how to handle the situation... One night, we watch Fantasmic, the next we watch Illuminations. Fantasy in the Sky fell by the wayside. Now, I've seen the show a few times, because I used to go to WDW every other week or so, but I don't think my folks have seen it in a long time.

Now, with Wishes, it's almost impossible to decide what we're going to do... usually, it has to do with watching two shows in one night, which can be diffriclut sometimes.

i suppose my point is, when FiTS was around, it wasn't even an issue and now it is.

Miss Bell

I liked Wishes, but I miss Fantasy in the Sky. The thing I liked about FitS was that the music was about the park--each part of it highlighted music from each of the rides or lands: Pirates, Davy Crockett, etc. I don't want to send out a blasphemy, but isn't Wishes just the same thing as Fantasmic, and Spectromagic, and now Philharmagic? I mean, obviously not the same thing, but highlighting the same music. I love Disney movies, don't get me wrong, but I liked that Fantasy in the Sky was different.

WDWScottieBoy

CubbieMan said:
I may be in for a disaapointment, but everyone is psyching me on seeing wishes for the 1st time when I visit in 3 months...

Dissapointment, NEVER.....exciting/breathtaking/romantic/spine-tingling etc....VERY! You'll never regret seeing this show as it is second to none. I've never seen any show that comes even close to how spectacular Wishes is. I saw it in Nov. for the first time and fell in love with it. I can't wait to get the soundtrack really soon too. Trust me and everyone else when they say you are in for the best show of your life! :sohappy:

TnkrBelPixiDust

WDWScottieBoy is right! Its out of this world. I highly doubt that youll be disappointed CubbieMan. I watched the fireworks from the train station and had a wonderfull view!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom