Wishes no longer a FP option?

WDWFantasmicFan

For my trip this upcoming April Wishes was not listed in the line up for FP for any of the days I will be there. I called Disney and they said as of April 19th Wishes will no longer be a FP option. I wonder why? Does anyone have any info on this or have they heard this as well?
This is interesting. I don't know if you have seen the rumor around, but it is rumored that Rivers of Light will be debuting on this date - I wonder if it is something do with crowd levels etc. for that?

Jon81uk

And while it sounds like Fantasmic isn't part of this change, it really should be considering all the reasons listed above
There are not so many FP options in DHS so Fant! adds capacity. Plus as the dining package gets the centre section there isn't much difference with the seating wether stand by or FP.

RSoxNo1

For my trip this upcoming April Wishes was not listed in the line up for FP for any of the days I will be there. I called Disney and they said as of April 19th Wishes will no longer be a FP option. I wonder why? Does anyone have any info on this or have they heard this as well?
I thought I read elsewhere on these forums that they were phasing it out. Frankly with the new hub it's so easy to find a good spot for fireworks, the reserved area is beyond unnecessary. Now if they just started reducing FP+ options elsewhere, drop the advanced booking component and allow us to do everything on our phones they will have built the system people actually want.

YodaMan

There are not so many FP options in DHS so Fant! adds capacity. Plus as the dining package gets the centre section there isn't much difference with the seating wether stand by or FP.

Exactly. Like you just said, there's no difference between Fastpass and standby for Fantasmic. It adds another thing you can get a Fastpass for, but it's a total waste of one. So like I said, it should no longer be an option because thousands of guests a night use a Fastpass on it and feel like they've been cheated.

wogwog

Budget Cuts. They don't have to staff cast members to scan bands and get non FP+ guests out.
This. Saves 4 to 6 cast members at those outrageous wage rates.;) Parade viewing FP may follow sooner or later. That takes even more cast members to operate.

Biff215

I totally agree that these FP are typically pointless, but I'm surprised to hear they'd eliminate Illuminations even though it saves a few bucks. FP at Epcot can be scarce, especially in the evening. I'm thinking that's more likely to happen once Soarin and Frozen are open.

bferrara16

It might not mean much to some of you but it seems like it meant something to the OP. I am always astonished that people think the parks should be operated just for them.......to their own needs and likes. Maybe to the OP its important for her to get a FP for wishes.
Count me in as someone slightly disappointed by this. Never used it before, but bringing the two little ones on April 27 for the first time and was hoping to use this to get a good view and minimize boredom in waiting around/camping out.

rct247

Expect to see quite a few changes to fastpass in the next few months especially with spectaculars, parades, and meet n greets. I've heard some talk about app and kiosk changes too but not sure to what degree. I think Fantastic will remain with fastpass and rivers of light will have it too. The big one may be what is happening with Frozen that people may want to keep an eye on. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

DisneyChik17

Count me in as someone slightly disappointed by this. Never used it before, but bringing the two little ones on April 27 for the first time and was hoping to use this to get a good view and minimize boredom in waiting around/camping out.

Between the parade, CTM, and CM interaction, there will be very little boredom. And, you can always get dinner from Casey's or Noodle Terrace, and there's another 30 minutes spent eating. And the spot that they use isn't any more superior to any other hub spot without FP+.

spectromagic04

Expect to see quite a few changes to fastpass in the next few months especially with spectaculars, parades, and meet n greets. I've heard some talk about app and kiosk changes too but not sure to what degree. I think Fantastic will remain with fastpass and rivers of light will have it too. The big one may be what is happening with Frozen that people may want to keep an eye on. Don't say I didn't warn ya.
Let me guess the new Frozen ride will be fast pass only?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom