Original Poster
Wishes Launch site aerial photo

-DonickCo

Attachments

• wishes1.jpg
    wishes1.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 540

Slipknot

The ride at the top that looks like a round tent. Is that the carousel or the teacups?

Never mind. It is a fuzzy picture and didn't see the castle at first.

TTATraveler

Cool picture, it looks like they are launched from the Philharmagic building and the Snow White/Winnie the Pooh Building. The round object is the carousel. I look at aerial photographs as part of my job and I find them awesome.

Atta83

dandaman said:
Don't they fire it from the train tracks, too?

There is a launch site behind the Train tracks, but that sight is far away from the tracks.

Thanks for the photo, even though its fuzzy its still great!

WDWRLD

The main fireworks are launched right next to the fire station behind MK ar at least thats where they were last summer. You can actuall see them if you drive past the GF and keep going all the way around. Just past the firestation is also the back entrance and you can also see the Monorail Barn. When we were there this summer we kept wondering why the walkway in fantasyland was always so wet at night. One night we came out of HM and above Columbia Harbour House it looked like it was raining. We stood there looking for a minute and realized that they had sprinklers on the roofs to wet down the cedar shakes. for the fireworks. After a few minutes a "suit" came by and said "everythings ok, just wetting the roof for the fireworks". And from all the fallout that night I see why they do this.....

HinunterZuNich

I regret not being able to see Wishes on my family's most recent trip but each night we were at the MK, my parents would always want to leave to beat the crowds :( Well next trip this is the main thing on top of my "must do's"!

tigger248

HinunterZuNich said:
I regret not being able to see Wishes on my family's most recent trip but each night we were at the MK, my parents would always want to leave to beat the crowds :( Well next trip this is the main thing on top of my "must do's"!

Wishes is awesome! You won't be disappointed. Well worth waiting for and contending with the closing crowds over. I always just duck into a gift shop, still crowded, but it beats standing in line for the bus!

Tom

Beta Return
When we were eating in Cinderella's Royal Table in June, we could clearly see the firework bunkers on the rooves of the fantasyland buildings. They're big boxes with lids on them and a control box on the end. They had tarps over them during the day.

Yes, the main fireworks bunker is behind the tracks. It was pointed out to us on Backstage Magic. They run sprinklers in the woods bhehind the tracks - between them and the road that someone mentioned. They're almost directly behind the castle, in the woods, near the fire station.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom