Wishes Dessert Party resumes at the Magic Kingdom in late March 2010

DrummerAlly

I've searched for this and couldn't really find an answer-hopefully someone can help me.

Do they offer sugar free deserts other than fruit, one of our party can't have sugar and before I call to try and book I would like to know this. Thanks :wave:

If you mention this when you make the reservation I'm more than sure that the chefs would make sure there were some sugar free or no-sugar added deserts available for this person. Disney tends to excel with dietary restrictions when they have advanced notice. At the very least they would likely be able to tell you whether this is a possible accommodation. Good Luck!

cda4114

If you mention this when you make the reservation I'm more than sure that the chefs would make sure there were some sugar free or no-sugar added deserts available for this person. Disney tends to excel with dietary restrictions when they have advanced notice. At the very least they would likely be able to tell you whether this is a possible accommodation. Good Luck!

Thanks! That is what I'll do.

mcstensrud

Disney is feeding into the whole "if you dangle it in their face they will come" mentality!
With all the overweight people in this world why on earth would they promote something like this.I know $
Come on people,don't sit there and stuff your faces with unnessasary calories.
Grab a healthy snack and a bottle of water.Your feel much better,and so will your Wallet.
Spend that $ on your kids not your waistline.They will probably appreciate a keepsake they can bring home much better than something they did one night.
Just my 2 cents please don't Flame me.

Todd L

Called again this morning and was told you will be able to book Summer months starting Sunday 3/28...

In my best Mr. smithers voice......."Excellent" ...I find these type of dining experiences help make the trips evem more special. my wifes pretty stoked But being a gym rat shes already concerned about the calories/sugar......I on the other hand cant wait to shove a big ole' piece of cheescake in my mouth....

Exprcoofto

This is just another way for WDW to bank some more $$$. You can find other delicious treats around the park to eat while watching Wishes, with a better view. I know someone who did the Dessert Party and hated it. They said the desserts were not that good and once Wishes started, everyone when running to the edge to try and grab a glimpse of the fireworks. I know it's something I wouldn't spend money on and feed the greediness of the parks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I've searched for this and couldn't really find an answer-hopefully someone can help me.

Do they offer sugar free deserts other than fruit, one of our party can't have sugar and before I call to try and book I would like to know this. Thanks :wave:

I believe they had a few, but the vast majority are not sugar free. There is more sugar than you can shake a stick at in that buffet!

stlbobby

In my best Mr. smithers voice......."Excellent" ...I find these type of dining experiences help make the trips evem more special. my wifes pretty stoked But being a gym rat shes already concerned about the calories/sugar......I on the other hand cant wait to shove a big ole' piece of cheescake in my mouth....

You won't get a big ole' piece of anything as everything is small, but that is good because you get to try a ton of different things without wasting anything.

And to the people that are worried about calories. It is a special one time type of thing, but I did get up early the next morning and ran about five miles to burn all the sugar out of my system.

But it was totally worth it.

DrummerAlly

Disney is feeding into the whole "if you dangle it in their face they will come" mentality!
With all the overweight people in this world why on earth would they promote something like this.I know $
Come on people,don't sit there and stuff your faces with unnessasary calories.
Grab a healthy snack and a bottle of water.Your feel much better,and so will your Wallet.
Spend that $ on your kids not your waistline.They will probably appreciate a keepsake they can bring home much better than something they did one night.
Just my 2 cents please don't Flame me.

They promote something like this because some people enjoy it as a special occasion. For instance, I'm looking for something special for me and my fiance to do on the first night of our honeymoon to enjoy some great desserts and be away from the crowds.

Yes, they're unnecessary calories. Your steak from Le Cellier also has unnecessary calories. We happen to be two people who would fall in the "underweight" category and anyone who feels like having special desserts on their vacation should go for it. If you are over weight, its not because you went to the dessert buffet once (or even twice, or five times).

People will decide how they want to best spend their money. We would rather indulge on a special dessert / fireworks experience than a keepsake, thats why Disney offers a huge variety of ways to spend your money.

DizneyPryncess

Hey everyone - I need some advice regarding the dessert party. DH & I weren't expecting it to be around on our upcoming trip, and now that it is we aren't sure what to do. Let me know what you would do! We only have one evening at the MK.

Option 1: Keep our 6:40 PM Tony's Town Square reservation, we have never been there and don't know much about it. Don't do dessert party, and watch Wishes from somewhere else.

Option 2: Do the dessert party, which will we check in for at 9, Wishes is at 10 that night. Cancel Tony's and just grab light quick service food in the late afternoon.

Option 3: Try to do both Tony's & Dessert Party. We feel it might be too much food - and not worth the money to pay for both if we will not be able to eat much at one of them.

Any opinions from anyone who has eaten at Tony's, or done the dessert party would be great!! Thanks :wave:

mcstensrud

They promote something like this because some people enjoy it as a special occasion. For instance, I'm looking for something special for me and my fiance to do on the first night of our honeymoon to enjoy some great desserts and be away from the crowds.

Yes, they're unnecessary calories. Your steak from Le Cellier also has unnecessary calories. We happen to be two people who would fall in the "underweight" category and anyone who feels like having special desserts on their vacation should go for it. If you are over weight, its not because you went to the dessert buffet once (or even twice, or five times).

People will decide how they want to best spend their money. We would rather indulge on a special dessert / fireworks experience than a keepsake, thats why Disney offers a huge variety of ways to spend your money.
Congrats on your up coming nuptuals :sohappy:
I can totally understand wanting to celebrate something special.Enjoy!
I decided to spend my money on DVC.

disneyny

We did it the night we ate at Tony's (I think). It is hard because if you are on the DDP you get dessert with your meal too and we had those packaged to go as we knew we had the dessert party coming up. It was nice but I didn't think it was worth the price. I felt like we felt like we needed to gorge ourselves to justify the cost and I didn't love, love any of the desserts. I also remember that they were running out of lots of things as people swarmed the buffet at first and by the time the fireworks actually started everyone was pretty much done. If you are a couple though it might be different. We had two tiny boys with us and I can't remember if there tiredness and my familes grouchiness has clouded my memory. I say go ahead and try it- you will always wonder what if if you don't.

Festivus

I just called to book at date in June and the system will still only allow them to book until 5/31.

I just tried again for July 26th and they couldn't do it. They said they are not showing availability that far out yet. I was told the other day we would be able to reserve the summer months starting today, but I guess the person who told me that was wrong. The person today told me to keep checking back because noone has been told anything specific by management with regard to the long-term availability...

DizneyPryncess

We decided to try to do both, but unfortunately it was booked already for May 3rd. It's the only day we'll be at the Magic Kingdom, based on parades/fireworks schedule, and our other reservations. Boo. :(

Todd L

I have eaten at Tony on a few occasions and have always enjoyed it.

We ate there on our Honeymoon and always try to eat there when we go back.

as far as the wishes party...Im of the mindset that I typically overeat at disney............I work out 5 or 6 days a week and while im not in great shape I feel like im doing okay for a 43 year old.

Being a little indulgent once in a while is okay and Knowing that Ill be attending this party will probably keep me off the sweets for most of the trip in anticiaption of really enjoying the desserts available for this party.

Im really enjoying the thought of being able to sit and have a nice cup of coffee with the family , enjoy the desserts within reason and watch the show....

Festivus

Just called again to try and get 7/26, was told that it is officially 90 days for reservations with a 52 person limit. I can reserve on 4/27.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom