Wishes Dessert Party resumes at the Magic Kingdom in late March 2010

Tom

Beta Return
I'm guessing it won't go beyond June 5, or they'll have to change the name to "Magic, Music, Mayhem Dessert Party" :)

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Is the refurb of the Noodle Station along the canal done yet (tarps down)? Anyone know exactly what was being done? While we were there in February we couldn't really tell if they were replacing the railing (wall) along the edge, or just working on lighting and sound.

WDWFigment

The view from over there looks like this:

(click it for its Flickr page).

We are debating on whether to do this for our next trip, but I am honestly not wild about the view. The desserts look awesome, but that view...I don't know...

BrerFrog

The view from over there looks like this:

(click it for its Flickr page).

We are debating on whether to do this for our next trip, but I am honestly not wild about the view. The desserts look awesome, but that view...I don't know...

Fantastic photo as usual!! However, I will agree on the average quality of that view. I think I could do with a worse Wishes view in exchange for fantastic desserts once during a trip, though. :D

lilclerk

Hoping it's still going in August. I've seen Wishes enough times that I can deal with the not-so-great view, but desserts and a dedicated seat definitely make this interesting.

Todd L

Just spoke to a Nice woman at wdw-dine and she said no availability to make a reservation YET........Check back In a Few Days.

DrummerAlly

Very Exciting! I think this will be the perfect thing to do on our first night in WDW on our honeymoon! $22 / pp is a bit much but its definitely okay for a special occasion.

Like everything else thats over priced and really nice, I'll just use my Disney Visa Dream Dollars and call it "free".

stlbobby

I went to this in September and it was spectacular. It was totally worth the price as the desserts were outstanding and it was a wonderfully relaxing way to end the night. I wasn't being pushed and jostled on Mainstreet and after the fireworks I had a place to sit and wait as the crowds flooded out of the park.

I thought the view was excellent. Tinkerbell flies right down on top of you and there is a great open space between you and the castle where the fireworks are reflected in the water.

They had coffee and tea available when I was there and we talked to CM's who said they were trying different items as they tweaked the menu.

I have to assume they will continue it, as it sells out every night, and these kinds of higher end specials are definitely a direction the parks are wanting to go. They are trying to offer things for for people that want a more relaxing experience and are willing to pay for it. I think you'll be seeing more and more of these types of things as time goes on.

The only caveat I have is, if you don't like sweets you will be unsatisfied. It is not a meal at all it is just a dessert extravaganza.

It's not an every night event, but I'll be doing it once a trip.

nngrendel

I went to this in September and it was spectacular. It was totally worth the price as the desserts were outstanding and it was a wonderfully relaxing way to end the night. I wasn't being pushed and jostled on Mainstreet and after the fireworks I had a place to sit and wait as the crowds flooded out of the park.

I thought the view was excellent. Tinkerbell flies right down on top of you and there is a great open space between you and the castle where the fireworks are reflected in the water.

They had coffee and tea available when I was there and we talked to CM's who said they were trying different items as they tweaked the menu.

I have to assume they will continue it, as it sells out every night, and these kinds of higher end specials are definitely a direction the parks are wanting to go. They are trying to offer things for for people that want a more relaxing experience and are willing to pay for it. I think you'll be seeing more and more of these types of things as time goes on.

The only caveat I have is, if you don't like sweets you will be unsatisfied. It is not a meal at all it is just a dessert extravaganza.

It's not an every night event, but I'll be doing it once a trip.

I still keep debating this. My wife is not into sweets as the rest of us are. It will be a pretty penny we would drop to do this. I have even thought about dropping one of our ADR's to attend this. I totally agree with being out on Main Street before, during, and after the fireworks is the only thing I really dislike about the parade and fireworks. Being in an area with a decent view and a place to sit and not have to fight for a view is great.

From the shots I have seen from this area the view doesn't look that bad IMHO.:shrug: Also who knows what refurbs they are doing which may improve the experience. Im ready for this to open at the end of the month and get some feedback on the changes.

stlbobby

I still keep debating this. My wife is not into sweets as the rest of us are. It will be a pretty penny we would drop to do this. I have even thought about dropping one of our ADR's to attend this. I totally agree with being out on Main Street before, during, and after the fireworks is the only thing I really dislike about the parade and fireworks. Being in an area with a decent view and a place to sit and not have to fight for a view is great.

From the shots I have seen from this area the view doesn't look that bad IMHO.:shrug: Also who knows what refurbs they are doing which may improve the experience. Im ready for this to open at the end of the month and get some feedback on the changes.

I'd totally encourage you to try it if you can stomach the price for a person that isn't likely to enjoy much.

For what it is worth there was a great variety in the sweets. They had the standard cookies and cake, but there were also several rich options like cheesecakes, and more than a few fruit based items like tarts.

Everything was also bite sized, or two bite sized, so you could try a whole range of things without wasting.

nngrendel

I'd totally encourage you to try it if you can stomach the price for a person that isn't likely to enjoy much.

For what it is worth there was a great variety in the sweets. They had the standard cookies and cake, but there were also several rich options like cheesecakes, and more than a few fruit based items like tarts.

Everything was also bite sized, or two bite sized, so you could try a whole range of things without wasting.

I have a total of 7 in my group. Me, My wife and 5 kids. I know I wont have a problem with 5 kids eating their body weight in sweets but my wife doesn't eat that many sweets. I can eat my own body weight in truffles.
This will be expensive no doubt just for desserts. However, Wishes is special to me and my wife. I proposed to her during the Wishes fireworks in 2008. I thought this could be a nice celebration for all of us and especially since my daughter was not able to attend when I proposed. This is our return trip to have us all together.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I have a total of 7 in my group. Me, My wife and 5 kids. I know I wont have a problem with 5 kids eating their body weight in sweets but my wife doesn't eat that many sweets. I can eat my own body weight in truffles.
This will be expensive no doubt just for desserts. However, Wishes is special to me and my wife. I proposed to her during the Wishes fireworks in 2008. I thought this could be a nice celebration for all of us and especially since my daughter was not able to attend when I proposed. This is our return trip to have us all together.

Sounds great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom