Wishes Dessert Party resumes at the Magic Kingdom in late March 2010

Yensid40

What do people think about this? I have heard that the viewing spot isn't the best from over that area.

Would you suggest it or is it better to get something from The Confectionery and just grabbing a spot on Main Street.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I assume that's about the same time all of the work in that area will be completed?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
What do people think about this? I have heard that the viewing spot isn't the best from over that area.

Would you suggest it or is it better to get something from The Confectionery and just grabbing a spot on Main Street.

The view from Main Street is the "classic view" with the castle center stage and fireworks above. The view from the Terrace area is, however, an excellent view, despite the castle not being centered. It has the added benefit of being uncrowded. Plus, after the show, you can just hang around, get some photopass pics taken by the dedicated photopass photographer, eat some more dessert, etc., while those who watched on main street get caught in the herd.

We really enjoyed it and will probably do it again, large price notwidthstanding.

dreamscometrue

We did this Christmas night, and loved it! It was a different, but fun, thing to do Christmas night. It was a bit of a splurge, but I'm sure I ate $50 worth of desserts myself! :)

We were seated at 9:10pm and left at about 10:30pm or so. There were so many awesome desserts from which to choose, it wasn't super crowded (although it was sold out), and we loved being able to sit and relax. We're booking it again for our next trip.

Just a few points/thoughts:

Bring your appetite...the desserts, coffee, tea, etc. just keep coming for well over an hour. We tried not to eat from the time we finished our 'Picnic in the Park' at AK about noon, until the dessert party. It was a bit too long, so we had a little bite to eat at about 5pm, but still left plenty of room for the desserts and fruit. Wait, is fruit a dessert? Anyway...

Pace yourself. I heard people 'complaining' that they ate too much, too quickly and didn't feel well. You are there for 75-90 min. Be aware that after 'Wishes', nearly everyone leaves the event, but there's still lots of food, drink, etc. We stopped eating before the fireworks knowing that we'd get another plate and coffee after the show. We stayed about 15-20 min. after 'Wishes' ended.

The viewing area was great...although most everyone stood for 'Wishes' along the terrace wall. There was room for everyone to see well. I know that the show is designed to be seen from 'the front' so I wouldn't want first time 'Wishes' viewers to see it from this angle, but if you've seen it before...this isn't a big deal at all. (We've watched from the top of BLT, etc., so the 'side view' was fine.)

We also got to see SpectroMagic from our table while enjoying our 'first course'. :)

BrerFrog

Can anyone tell me what the price is for this event? Also does anyone know how late in the year it is scheduled to run?

"The Dessert Party is located in the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. The cost is $21.99 for Guests ages 10 and over and $11.99 for Guests ages 3 - 9, prepayment is required at the time of booking."

It is on the link. :wave:

Rob562

Figures... It starts back up the day *after* my sister and niece will be in the MK for Wishes... (They leave for home the following afternoon)

-Rob

Minigma

There's one very important menu item missing: Coffee ! What is it with Disney, and real coffee?? Why is it so hard to find there?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There's one very important menu item missing: Coffee ! What is it with Disney, and real coffee?? Why is it so hard to find there?
It can not be made and stored in mass quantities hence the faux coffee dispensers in all but a few places.

nngrendel

Just got off the phone with Disney Dining and I was told they were given the news today that this is going to happen on March 28th. However they were not able to make ADR's in the system yet but they are actively working on putting the availability into the system and that I should be able to make reservations for this in a couple days!!:sohappy::sohappy:

I asked to look up pricing of this and she said right now in her system it showed A la Carte???? :confused:

plaz10

I'm sorry...maybe it's just me, or maybe it's something you gotta experience BUT I can't justify spending an hour and a half of my park time (and 22 bucks a person) to just sit and eat while watching Wishes (and not from the best spot).:shrug:
I feel like I could buy desserts on Main St. and watch from there with no extra fee. I just don't see the greatness in it. Perhaps its something one must see to believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom