Wishes 500th Show on April 6th.

boo52

Original Poster
On Wednesday April 6th, Wishes will perform it's 500th show. Nothing special will be presented, but just thought I'd post the information. Enjoy and here's to the next 500!

Some Wishes Fast Facts:

• Wishes made it's World Premiere on October 8, 2003 and premiering to the public the very next night.

• Wishes was the replacement for the long running Fantasy In The Sky which made it's final performance in that form on October 6th, 2003.

• Wishes uses 683 shells per show over 557 firing cues.

• Running time for Wishes is 12 minutes and 37 seconds.

Splashman

Thats 12 minutes 37 seconds too long...when are they going to replace it
  • Running time for Wishes is 12 minutes and 37 seconds.
[/QUOTE]

TheOneVader

Splashman said:
Thats 12 minutes 37 seconds too long...when are they going to replace it

Considering it's only had 500 shows... A while. RoE has been going on for about 5 1/2 years. That's about 2,000 showings... Boo, any exact figures for show count of RoE?

PhilharMagician

I was there from Oct 4 - 13 and saw Wishes on the 9th and I didn't even know till today that it was the the first viewing. How cool. :cool:

Also PhilharMagic and Mission Space also had their official openings that week. What a great week for a visit and the first in 10 years.

boo52

Original Poster
TheOneVader said:
Considering it's only had 500 shows... A while. RoE has been going on for about 5 1/2 years. That's about 2,000 showings... Boo, any exact figures for show count of RoE?
ROE has been presented everyday since it's opening, I think it has only been cancelled maybe 6 times due to weather, Most coming last year during the hurricanes, and not shown to the public twice because of Press Events. I'm not sure of the exact number, I hve only tracked Wishes since day 1. I would guess to say that they are around 1625.

TheOneVader

Oops, I had meant to say 4 1/2 years, by the way. But if it started on Spetember 19, 1999 and was cancelled 6 times, tonight is the 1,666th show. So you were close.

EDIT: Oops, didnt count 4th of July second showings... But my numbers are probably off a little anyway.

boo52

Original Poster
Thrawn said:
How many FITS showings where there?
There was no record of how many FITS there were. It ran from 1972 - 1975 & 1977 - 2003 off and on. During the summer of 1976 a Bicentenial show was presented over the Seven Seas Lagoon. There were also no fireworks the summer of 1998 due to the threat of wildfires.

vettenut

That's pretty cool! My family and I are going to WDW next week and we were planning on spending the 6th in MK. It'll be kinda cool to catch the 500th showing of wishes.

maxime29

Premium Member
boo52 said:
ROE has been presented everyday since it's opening, I think it has only been cancelled maybe 6 times due to weather, Most coming last year during the hurricanes, and not shown to the public twice because of Press Events. I'm not sure of the exact number, I hve only tracked Wishes since day 1. I would guess to say that they are around 1625.
I don't know about you, but we tried seeing ROE three times during June of 2004 and all shows were called off due to inclement weather.

boo52

Original Poster
DisneyMan said:
So if Wishes has 683 Shells in the show how many shells are in RoE?

From the ROE Fact Sheet:

2,800 fireworks shells are used for each show and are launched from 750 mortar tubes and 56 firing modules at 34 locations around the lagoon.

ProjectTracker

Cost of show

I was just curious. Does anyone know how much it costs in fireworks to do that show everynight? Just wanted to know how much money they "burn." Get it?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Happy anniversary Boo and all your fellow crewmembers - one day I`ll get to see it in the flesh, so to speak.

Speaking of FITS, do you have any idea how many versions there were (not counting tags and holiday finales) - for example 1990 and 2001 were totally different shows with different music - how many actual different FITS were played over the years?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom