Wish (Walt Disney Animation - November 2023)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm still waiting for a walkaround Gurgi.
Gurgi...

1672684759458.png

TP2000

I'm really looking forward to seeing a walkaround version of Valentino that arrives at the parks in the future. I loved those pajamas he's wearing in some of the concept art.

How would a Valentino walk-around work do you think?

I ask because goats are four legged, and their front legs are often used primarily as they jump and leap and scramble around acting all goaty. Goaty isn't a word, by the way.

Has Disneyland ever had a four legged walk-around before with equal length limbs? I'm not explaining myself well, but it will be curious to see how they do it.

I need to post this elsewhere, but... whatever happened to all that Living Character stuff from a decade ago?!? Talking Mickey, animatronic heads and emotive abilities??? That just died and disappeared, after showing so much promise in park testing and audience response.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I ask because goats are four legged, and their front legs are often used primarily as they jump and leap and scramble around acting all goaty. Goaty isn't a word, by the way.

Has Disneyland ever had a four legged walk-around before with equal length limbs? I'm not explaining myself well, but it will be curious to see how they do it.

I need to post this elsewhere, but... whatever happened to all that Living Character stuff from a decade ago?!? Talking Mickey, animatronic heads and emotive abilities??? That just died and disappeared, after showing so much promise in park testing and audience response.

All the goats in DAK's petting zoo can be dressed up as Valentino!

brb1006

If Disney is able to turn Bullseye from Toy Story into walk-around character. Then I'm sure Valentino the Goat will be much easier to translate in walk-around format as The Kittens (Marie, Toulouse, and Berlioz) from The Aristocats compared to Bullseye. Judging by the concept art, he appears small so I'm picturing him being around the same size as Huey, Dewey, and Louie or Mickey and Friends.
AshaandValentino.PNG

Heck, there is even a walk-around version of Burrito the Donkey from The Three Caballeros (only at Paris and Tokyo)!

Phroobar

Pluto.
iu

WizardofDestiny123

According to The Wrap's Drew Taylor during an interview on the Jim Hill podcast, the film is apparently quite good. He spoke about it at length in an episode titled, "Which animated features to watch for in 2023". The Wish discussion starts around the 25 minute mark.

brb1006

According to The Wrap's Drew Taylor during an interview on the Jim Hill podcast, the film is apparently quite good. He spoke about it at length in an episode titled, "Which animated features to watch for in 2023". The Wish discussion starts around the 25 minute mark.
Is there a link to that?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well, Grace Randolph is not an insider either.
She is at least public about who she is and is a member of the Hollywood Critics Association, a well respected organization of film critics. And just like most public Hollywood reporters and critics tend to have vetted "sources".

WDWPro is some anonymous blogger that claims to be "in the know" on stuff, but usually isn't. And is likely getting their info from the tram drivers.

Basically I would believe anything she says over WDWPro any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom