Wing it or plan every minute? What do you do?

DVC4bestvacations

We have always gone with our flow when vacation at WDW. We have never had an issue with dinner without ADR. Note: We belong to Tables in Wonderland.

What do you do and Why?

mousehockey37

We have always gone with our flow when vacation at WDW. We have never had an issue with dinner without ADR. Note: We belong to Tables in Wonderland.

What do you do and Why?

When my DGF and I go, we plan with the flow. We have an idea of what we want to do, but if something changes, we're able to adapt and go a different direction. We'll make a couple ADR's and plan around them as well. Micromanaging can lead to disappointment, but yet having no plan can do the same. IMHO, I feel it's best to just have an idea of what you want and let the vacation guide you.

Upvote 0

Lil Fort

We're 'fly by the seat of our pants' kind of folk. We rarely use FP and making ADRs is an even rarer occurrence for us. Up to now, that hasn't been a problem since we go during the off season. I'm not so sure how that will work out with FP+. Fingers crossed...

Upvote 0

luv

Total go with flow unless I'm going with someone who hasn't been there before and wants to see and do as much as humanly possible.

But I was extremely commando once upon a time and all those commando peeps have a special place in my heart.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

We tend to go more with an outline, but with only a few ADRs planned. Last year about the firm plan was to go to EPCOT on our anniversary. Nothing else was firm before we arrived at WDW.

Upvote 0

PUSH

We wing it. We'll decide on what parks to do what day based on various things like ADRs, EMHs, etc. Then once we get there we have a game plan for the first couple minutes such as grabbing FPs, what to ride right away, etc. Other than that we are wing it type people!

Upvote 0

Figgy1

We do a lot of both. I book lodging about a year out and book the adr's at exactly 180 days. Our day for SWW is commando to see and do every thing possible (don't see much if anythinng else) The rest of the trip is at the park scheduled for that day and we do must do items until about noon or so to get a lot in and usually wing the rest of the day until fireworks except for adr's.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

We book out ADRs and plan where to go each day according to avoiding EMH hours. We love to winging in each park but with some general verbal plan. We like to ride things spontaneously. That's why this FP+ thing will be interesting for us.....

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

We usually get 5 day park hopper tickets, make late lunch reservations, start out each day in whatever park opens early, head to wherever we need to be for lunch and end the day in whatever park is open late. Our last three trips have been at Christmastime and my family is hooked at going that time of the year.

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

Our only real planning involves packing, getting to the airport on time, and making sure that we're on the right Magical Express. We don't plan the park visits as we base our decisions upon crowd levels and wait times. Plus, we like to go visit different resorts and, if my wife needs a break from the parks, we head out and go resort-hopping. More like resort-climbing as hopping would require energy.

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

When we return and begin planning our next Disney trek, we always decide to not to have such a structured plan (as opposed to grabbing ADRs and planning our days around them). It never works out that way! Last trip we did suceed in that only 1 day had 2 ADRs (Cindy's breakfast, BoG dinner).
After we have decided when to go, we begin by looking at the park hours and Extra Magic times. Then we take a look at MVMCP times as our trips are during Thanksgiving/Christmas. That is when the ADRs are picked, followed by months of changes to them! Same crazy cycle every time.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I'm a plan-every-minute type, but that's only BEFORE the trip, to get a rough idea of what I might expect to get done in a day, and what order might be best for getting to our favorite attractions. I get on touringplans.com and make detailed plans, but then when we actually ARRIVE at WDW, we use it only as a rough guide, departing from it whenever we encounter a random meet-and-greet, an outdoor show, or -- for my husband -- anything loud or shiny. :D At the end of each day, we could look at the "plan" to see if there were any things we'd missed that we should keep in mind for our final, totally unplanned day in the parks.

Upvote 0

DVC4bestvacations

Original Poster
we will be there starting the 13th for 7 days. we have 1 breakfast ressi at the crystal palace and one dinner at Mama Melrose thats it. In the past we kept made ADR's and rarely made them. We r the reason they require a Credit card to make them. LOL

Upvote 0

stefan74

I do a little bit of both. I plan most of my days; which park on which day, dining, fireworks, etc. When the touring plan is finished for the day, which could be early, the wing it part comes out.

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

We plan every minute leading up to arrival and by day two throw plan "A" out the window and go a little more freestyle while still trying to keep our ADR's. We found out last trip that Touringplans.com was no where near as accurate as previous trips so we adapted and just decided to wing it. I think you need to be willing to go with the flow to get the maximum enjoyment.

Upvote 0

karolena3

I'm a pretty big planner for Disney and life in general. We definitely plan ahead our ADRs and what parks we'll be at on which days. But we don't really plan ride order, because the best choices can vary so much. I also like to look at restaurant menus and pre-pick what I'm going to want. I may not stick to the choice I make at home, but it does kind of help with budgeting.

Part of the reason I like to plan is because it helps build the excitement in the weeks/months leading up to the vacation.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom