WindTraders is all out of Banshees in The Rookery (NO JOKE)

Kman101

OR... after the adrenaline rush of riding FoP has worn off, they're not that into a hand-operated limited-motion shoulder puppet. Also, their boss told them they couldn't wear them into work anymore.

LOL

I was more referring to people stockpiling them for eBay because they sold out so fast again

Rodan75

Do we know how many were in the initial order? I mean did they sell 10,000 or 1,000?

During opening week it seemed like they had to be selling at least a thousand per day, but they seemed to be on someone's shoulder at every park anytime you saw teens, so it could be a perception issue. However, I would definitely assume more than a couple hundred per day. So the launch window expectations were probably at least 10k, but something less than 25k.

That is quite a bit of profit on limited movement puppets.

RSoxNo1

During opening week it seemed like they had to be selling at least a thousand per day, but they seemed to be on someone's shoulder at every park anytime you saw teens, so it could be a perception issue. However, I would definitely assume more than a couple hundred per day. So the launch window expectations were probably at least 10k, but something less than 25k.

That is quite a bit of profit on limited movement puppets.
I believe Corless said the supply was less than 2000 which seems a little low for a 6 month supply.

Rodan75

I believe Corless said the supply was less than 2000 which seems a little low for a 6 month supply.

No way. Not at the rate they were moving over that first week. Obviously I witnessed a small snippet of that first week, but they were moving fast. I would be surprised if they sold less that 5,000 in the first week before they ran out.

clemmo

It has been quiet in here for a bit, any word on if banshees are in stock regularly now?
Was there yesterday and they're still out. Asked a cm if they knew when they'd get any in stock and they said they have no idea though I'm not sure they'd say even if they did know.

twebber55

Was there yesterday and they're still out. Asked a cm if they knew when they'd get any in stock and they said they have no idea though I'm not sure they'd say even if they did know.
i was there thursday and they were not in apparently they were in friday but apparently they sold out again

clemmo

Dang. But I saw some bloggers post photos, they were there as the boxes were unpacked.

Do they limit how many are sold to an individual?
Not sure only thing I saw limited were the pandora magic bands (2 per person) but I'd think once they sell the banshees again they'd limit them. They definitely weren't limiting sales on the plush banshees lol.

Kman101

Not sure only thing I saw limited were the pandora magic bands (2 per person) but I'd think once they sell the banshees again they'd limit them. They definitely weren't limiting sales on the plush banshees lol.

I imagine the eBay crowd were on hand to scoop a lot of them up as well as regular guests. If bloggers are practically living in the parks (I think one is at Volcano Bay daily, helping contribute it to hitting capacity every day nearly right after it opens) then I'm sure there are those who get word and scoop them up. I could be wrong but it just seems hard to believe they sell out THAT quickly, as popular as they are. But who knows? I'm just speculating.

clemmo

They did have them on Friday, finally got one around 2:00 PM. There was a fairly long line to get one. Not sure how many they had. When I went back by the store later that evening (about 5:30 PM) they still were selling them. They've raised the price to $59.99.
Man I must've missed them by an hour or two that's unbelievable

Kman101

They did have them on Friday, finally got one around 2:00 PM. There was a fairly long line to get one. Not sure how many they had. When I went back by the store later that evening (about 5:30 PM) they still were selling them. They've raised the price to $59.99.

I guess I never bothered to look at price point lol but wow 60 bucks? How much were they before?

Cmdr_Crimson

I won't be surprised if sooner or later they add a small saddle that you could put your Avatar figure you can make at Windtraders...Bringing the price up even further...

djkidkaz

I imagine the eBay crowd were on hand to scoop a lot of them up as well as regular guests. If bloggers are practically living in the parks (I think one is at Volcano Bay daily, helping contribute it to hitting capacity every day nearly right after it opens) then I'm sure there are those who get word and scoop them up. I could be wrong but it just seems hard to believe they sell out THAT quickly, as popular as they are. But who knows? I'm just speculating.

Yeah the blogger who is at volcano bay everyday is crazy!! That guy just loves universal. I couldn't imagine going to those three parks over and over everyday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom