WindTraders is all out of Banshees in The Rookery (NO JOKE)

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Various sources have reported that The Rookery inside WindTraders ran out of their stock Banshees. This occurred only 5 to 6 days after Pandora opened to the public, and they had sufficient stock during the passholder previews! I believe this must be due to popularity. Sources also say they expect a restock in three weeks or so.
Source:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/windtraders-is-all-out-of-banshees-in-the-rookery/

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We picked up two while we were there earlier this week. I hears someone laterbthat afternoon mention that they were sold out.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I bet if you were to go and check some of those other merchandise resale sites, you'll probably find a wealth of them... Not that I promote those kinds of sites at all, I'm just saying that those vultures probably came in, took their limit of what they could get, sent their teammates back for more and now are selling them for a 1000% markup.

Double or better on a certain auction site

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Plentey of @Bob recommended Schoferfoffer.
Little+German+image+Thumbs+up.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm not a merch guy, so, to me, the banshees seem a bit superfluous. They're not animatronic or interactive like a Furby. You have to manually puppeteer them. They have a limited range of motions. They look like cheap plastic. For all that, they're expensive. And on top of that, people were waiting an hour on line to buy them!

FoP must be some kind of adrenaline rush to make people go crazy over these banshees.

mousehockey37

I'm not a merch guy, so, to me, the banshees seem a bit superfluous. They're not animatronic or interactive like a Furby. You have to manually puppeteer them. They have a limited range of motions. They look like cheap plastic. For all that, they're expensive. And on top of that, people were waiting an hour on line to buy them!

FoP must be some kind of adrenaline rush to make people go crazy over these banshees.
I'm surprised the linked article in the original post is still there, based on where the link takes you, lol.

Dizmentia

Who's buying them as we were assured by some on here that nobody liked Avatar and the merchandise would be a huge flop :rolleyes:

Reading "nobody cares or remembers the movie" for six years on the internet has been insane. Mostly because I know people who do care. Fox never merchandised the film well. There is nostalgia for the movie, and Disney saw an opportunity (and they know what is marketable).

FigmentJedi

They're based on shoulder dragon things that have been popular at Renaissance Festivals for years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom