Willy Wonka in WDW: Yea or Nay?

Willy Wonka in WDW: Yea or Nay

• Total voters

neoshinok

Original Poster
I've wondered for a while why this isn't an IP often discussed for possible attractions. It's a well known classic, even to kids today (I'm referring of course to the Gene Wilder version). It has great sets that could make for a fun walk-through (though they may have problems with people trying to eat everything). There are also scenes that work for rides (the boat ride with Wonka going batty, the flying glass elevator). Also, opportunity for huge sales of levitation soda! (Even if all it does it make you burp.) Not to mention, AA oompa loompa, balzac Violet Beauregard in blueberry form, transportation via Wonkavision....."There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the rivers flowing...."

32766436.jpg

WED99

I'm not feeling it for Disney. They source IPs of popular cult movies like Star Wars and Indiana, but why pay for a family IP when they are the most powerful family entertainment company on earth.

However, it would work well as an indoor area for IOA!

wdwfan4ver

I first seen the Gene Wilder version way in the 1980's. I like that version of the movie.

I seen Wily Wonka Bars in the Magic Kingdom before. I bought them in 2007 or 2008 at MK at night.

I don't think it would be far fetched with a Willy Wonka Attraction at WDW as a result. I can see a boat ride, glass elevator ride, or a dark ride with the material from Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. I have to say nay sadly.

Willy Wonka is made for DHS, but the problem is where to put is even as mini land or for just one attraction for Willy Wonka. I think putting Willy Wonka in the Great Movie Ride would do Willy Wonka in the Chocolate factory any justice based on the ride potential Willy Wonka has. Carsland at this point is supposed to take up Lights, Camera, Action! and Backlot Tour. I know there is supposed to be a Monster Inc. coster planned, but with being green light is a who knows. I think Sounds Dangerous and American Idol Experience buildings are more made for Star wars to me than Willy Wonka.

Mike K

Willy Wonka is such a classic film and has so many moments that would lend itself beautifully to be replicated in a park. That said, I feel like if anything I'd prefer to see Willy Wonka included in The Great Movie Ride if they ever did a massive refurb.

Bairstow

Being that it's Disney, wouldn't they be more likely to go with the creepy Michael Jackson-esque Johnny Depp version?

l.jpg

Besides, now that Wreck-it-Raplh is out they could just go with Sugar Rush.

hasbro-candy-land-2267250-01.jpg

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I voted "Nay".
I think there is a lot of Disney owned IP which needs to be exploited first.

powlessfamily4

You never know about these things, after all the guy who played Mike Teevee, Paris Themmen claims to have worked for Disney as an imagineer at one time during the Disney Euro build.

Figgy1

I've wondered for a while why this isn't an IP often discussed for possible attractions. It's a well known classic, even to kids today (I'm referring of course to the Gene Wilder version). It has great sets that could make for a fun walk-through (though they may have problems with people trying to eat everything). There are also scenes that work for rides (the boat ride with Wonka going batty, the flying glass elevator). Also, opportunity for huge sales of levitation soda! (Even if all it does it make you burp.) Not to mention, AA oompa loompa, balzac Violet Beauregard in blueberry form, transportation via Wonkavision....."There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the rivers flowing...."

32766436.jpg
So much many other things need to be done or are scheduled to be. Cool movie BUT and I'll leave it at that!

neoshinok

Original Poster
We have the ride at Alton Towers, so the IP is out there.

Interesting...I'll have to check out a video...wouldn't happen to be one over on martinsvids would there?

Thread drift; Martin, with the '13' drop feature rumored to be used in the Gringotts ride, I've been wondering if it feels as cool as it looks on video? I assume you've been on.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting...I'll have to check out a video...wouldn't happen to be one over on martinsvids would there?

Thread drift; Martin, with the '13' drop feature rumored to be used in the Gringotts ride, I've been wondering if it feels as cool as it looks on video? I assume you've been on.
I've a full Alton Towers Resort tour on my spin off YouTube page (same screen name) though it was initially blocked in the US due to audio copyright. If its still blocked PM me if you like.

The Thirteen drop is....nice. The overall effect could be better but the drop tech is promising. The actual drop isn't that much. As soon as you realise its a drop the system is starting to slow the track down. Nothing like ToT for arguments sake. Goto about 1.15 here

to see the drop offride with lights on.

I believe Gringotts won't feature this type of drop. Whilst cars will change level, it will be a first of its type track switch with vertical rotation whilst cars are on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom