Will you ride the water car at the Boathouse, for 100.$ ?

Disneyhead'71

This is a cool and unique experience. The kind of thing that an 8 year old remembers as the coolest thing they did at WDW. The "I remember when Disney was actually special" kind of memories.
Me (Dad) is looking at my wallet. The kids are looking at freakin' amphibicars!

copcarguyp71

Pardon my curmudgeonly ways but I paid for rides when I bought my park tickets. Yes, I know this is not technically within a "park" but I guess maybe I am a little too stingy to fork over more money for this. I know very few will agree with me and I am not looking for validation...just providing my $0.02.

Disneyhead'71

Pardon my curmudgeonly ways but I paid for rides when I bought my park tickets. Yes, I know this is not technically within a "park" but I guess maybe I am a little too stingy to fork over more money for this. I know very few will agree with me and I am not looking for validation...just providing my $0.02.
I don't know why, but I do feel that I am more willing to pay for something like this off of Disney property. And I know this is third party, but it's just that thing that I often feel I have thrown enough money at WDW. Time for something completely different.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Eh this is nothing new to me. One cruise excursion I went on in Mexico a while back, a normal looking bus went into a lake and had cameras on the bottom that looked down into the ocean that projected on TV monitors. And that was the same amount of money, so I believe this is still a rip off. $35 or not.

I will enjoy looking at them from a distance though!

mergatroid

Don't think I'll be paying that unless I get a meal and massage included,, however good luck to those who pay it. I'm sure it will be fun for them and something for onlookers to enjoy watching also.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I might given the right time of day if my family was interested too.

This is a unique enough experience to justify spending a little extra to something that would be remembered. Once the entire new waterfront build-out is complete it might be very fun to get out there on the water with a full tour guide in an antique car.

copcarguyp71

I don't know why, but I do feel that I am more willing to pay for something like this off of Disney property. And I know this is third party, but it's just that thing that I often feel I have thrown enough money at WDW. Time for something completely different.

Yup I can see that for sure...I am just a miserly sod!

Arthur Wellesley

If we could drive ourselves I might consider it. But I've never cared for being lugged around by a paid driver. I love to explore freely when I go boating anywhere. A true vacation in my book is to feel like an adventurer, not a tourist.

If ever they start renting these things out by the hour for us to drive freely...then I might open my wallet up for something like this.

Disneyhead'71

If we could drive ourselves I might consider it. But I've never cared for being lugged around by a paid driver. I love to explore freely when I go boating anywhere. A true vacation in my book is to feel like an adventurer, not a tourist.

If ever they start renting these things out by the hour for us to drive freely...then I might open my wallet up for something like this.
While I agree with the spirit of your post. I have driven one of these amphibicars, and it is a tricky deal. They don't drive like boats, well maybe an extremely over weight, poorly designed boat. I grew up on a lake where, from the age of 12 (1975), I was driving ski boats. I could bring our boat into the boathouse full bore until 20' out and then throw her in reverse. We water skied everyday from April 1st until the lake froze over in October. I wouldn't turn Joe Sixpack from Anyplace, Upnorth lose in one.

Arthur Wellesley

While I agree with the spirit of your post. I have driven one of these amphibicars, and it is a tricky deal. They don't drive like boats, well maybe an extremely over weight, poorly designed boat. I grew up on a lake where, from the age of 12 (1975), I was driving ski boats. I could bring our boat into the boathouse full bore until 20' out and then throw her in reverse. We water skied everyday from April 1st until the lake froze over in October. I wouldn't turn Joe Sixpack from Anyplace, Upnorth lose in one.
That makes sense.

Though it might make for an interesting type of aquatic stunt show having newbies try to drive these things around the lake. ;)

betty rose

Original Poster

Insurance concerns must be the driver here (pun intended).

FettFan

Yeah, I think Disney might want to invest in Ducks.
I have done the UP size version of this in the World War II era military craft on "Duck Boat" tours in Boston and Seattle. Definitely a unique experience, especially for the kiddies. Three people riding this or three T-shirts at WoD, same price neighborhood.

And in Branson. www.ridetheducks.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom