Will you Marry me?

Teenchy

I think I'm going to do it on the beach at the Polynesian during wishes because I'm not sure if I want to do it in a big crowd of people such as in front of the castle or something... and I like the sound of the dinner package type things they do, but I don't think those are for me...

Goodluck with whatever you choose though!

If your more low key(or fiance is shy) and want to stay out of the crowds I may not pick the dinner package, although wonderful you will still be the center of attention.

If you dont mind spending some $$, again as I said im my earlier post check out www.giftsofalifetime.com They could do a scavenger hunt for your fiance with the treasure she finds(a chest with a note "Will you Marry Me?) on the beach right before Wishes.

Philo

There are so many ways to do it.

I proposed whilst we were there in january and after alot of looking at ideas and talking to CMs (who were very helpful) I went with a simple proposal after Wishes. I waited till most of the crowd had gone (wasn't brave enough to do it with a huge crowd!) and just asked. It wasn't anything special but now I look back I wouldn't have done it any other way.

Nansafan

My cousin proposed to his fiance this past August with my brother video-taping and another cousin snapping pics the whole time. We all (10 of us) were watching Wishes from the Plaza Rose Garden. At the point where Julie Andrews speaks the second time, something to the affect of "remember wishes do come true" Paul leaned over and whispered in Bre's ear "you know what my wish is, my wish is to have Bre as my wife." She says "What?" and turns around. There Paul has dropped to one knee, ring in hand and says will you marry me?" Her first response was, "is this a joke?" (They had always joked that they would only get engaged at Disney.) When she realized he was not joking, she collapsed into his arms crying while we all waited. His sister says "Well?" and Bre jokes out behind tears "Yes". Paul turns around to look at us, tear in his eye as the finale of Wishes explodes overhead.

iluvpoohbear

My DFi proposed in Nov. 2006. We noticed that the Christmas tree was up by Cinderella's castle and I just LOVE that. So he decided to take some pictures of me by the tree in the Rose Garden. I turned back to see if he could get the whole tree in the shot and by the time I turned back, there he was on his knee and with the ring. It was so sweet, I started crying and put the ring on before I could even say Yes :lol: It was totally unexpected and romantic and we were the only 2 down there at that moment so that made it more special. Good luck and I'm sure anywhere and any way you do it, she will love it and accept!

Bug715

aww this makes me want to get engaged in Disney even more!!!! I had this conversation with my boyfriend the other day. I'm doing the cp this fall so i'm hoping that he'll come down to pick me up since my parents can't it maybe do it then. who knows. We've already looked at rings and havn't been together that long. *crosses fingers*

tink rules

There was an engagement thread on here not long ago (ok, maybe a couple of months ago...) where he had also arranged (maybe he had to call ahead) to have one of the photopass or maybe another photographer there so it was all caught in pictures.

I think something romantic...

where's her favorite place?

Favorite character?

Plan a special dinner at her favorite restaurant..

Go for one of the fireworks cruises....

On the beach at the Poly watching the fireworks...

Bring the ring... maybe some flowers and some champagne!!! Or have the flowers in the room after and also the champagne - I believe that Disney Florist can handle that for you.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
My cousin proposed to his fiance this past August with my brother video-taping and another cousin snapping pics the whole time. We all (10 of us) were watching Wishes from the Plaza Rose Garden. At the point where Julie Andrews speaks the second time, something to the affect of "remember wishes do come true" Paul leaned over and whispered in Bre's ear "you know what my wish is, my wish is to have Bre as my wife." She says "What?" and turns around. There Paul has dropped to one knee, ring in hand and says will you marry me?" Her first response was, "is this a joke?" (They had always joked that they would only get engaged at Disney.) When she realized he was not joking, she collapsed into his arms crying while we all waited. His sister says "Well?" and Bre jokes out behind tears "Yes". Paul turns around to look at us, tear in his eye as the finale of Wishes explodes overhead.

Nan you are giving me the goosebumps again!

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
What I would suggest is calling the Disney Florist. They have an arrangement there that is made of carnations and it looks like a pillow. The arrangement has a glass slipper on top of it.

You can set up a romantic dinner at your hotel and have that waiting for you back in the room. (or you can have the dinner in your room or on the balcony) Speak to the hotel manager about setting it up. You can have it delivered to your room with the ring in it. When she sees the slipper with the ring in it, you can then drop to one knee, take the ring from the slipper and slip it on her finger.

I have had this arrangement sent to some of my clients who are there for either their honeymoon or to get engaged. It's something that we just started not too long ago.

Pam

Nansafan

Pam -

My cousin who was snapping pictures during the proposal, works for Lifetouch which is a country-wide company that takes school portraits and yearbook pics. The company has a contest for the photographers to submit a personal picture which is then judged and the winning photographer wins a prize. She submitted the finale picture of Paul hugging Bre with the fireworks all around them and him with the biggest smile. She titled the picture "She said Yes!" When the picture was blown up to 8 X 10 size, you could see a tear in Paul's eye. The wedding will be October 20th, 2007. My brother who helped him by getting the reservation changed and the video-taping will be a groomsman and they have asked me to do a reading at church during mass. The cake-topper they chose is the Lenox Cinderella and Prince. They are also planning on using for their first toast the Mickey/Minnie champagne flutes we bought and had engraved for them on the engagement evening. Thought you'd like an update since you too played a part in the engagement.

Nancy

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Oh that sounds so beautiful! I had full body goosebumps after reading that. Especially the picture of Paul with a tear in his eye........
Do you have it on your computer? I would love to see it. I know the company. I think our schools used them.

Where are they going for their honeymoon? Some place romantic I hope.

Pam

Nansafan

Oh that sounds so beautiful! I had full body goosebumps after reading that. Especially the picture of Paul with a tear in his eye........
Do you have it on your computer? I would love to see it. I know the company. I think our schools used them.

Where are they going for their honeymoon? Some place romantic I hope.

Pam

I don't have the pic on my computer but can get a copy. I will send it to you in a couple days. Nancy

GTOKID

Original Poster
Almost ready to go!!! leaving thirsday night!!! I have the ring...and am VERY excited!!! Wish me LUCK!!!!:wave:

GTOKID

Original Poster
It was wounderful!!!! She said YES!!! She was totally surprised. I do not know how to post pics here...can some one post them if I send them 2 you? My E-mail is GTOKID@YAHOO.com It was worth every penny. I cryed like a baby!Thanks everyone!!!! John

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom