Will we be satisfied w/ POP for Thanksgiving?

Abbyjoe

We have stayed at POR the past 2 years, and LOVED it! This year we hadn't planned on going at all, but I can't do it! We HAVE to go! BUT we are only able to go Thanksgiving week (Another story...) so we decided to stay at POP because of the cheaper rates. ANYWAY...At POR we had great mousekeeping, they did something special everyday and we loved the POR theme too. I am hoping we will have a great experience at POP too, I am looking forward to the same great service with just a smaller room, am I expecting too much?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We have stayed at POR the past 2 years, and LOVED it! This year we hadn't planned on going at all, but I can't do it! We HAVE to go! BUT we are only able to go Thanksgiving week (Another story...) so we decided to stay at POP because of the cheaper rates. ANYWAY...At POR we had great mousekeeping, they did something special everyday and we loved the POR theme too. I am hoping we will have a great experience at POP too, I am looking forward to the same great service with just a smaller room, am I expecting too much?

We have stayed at Pop and the Allstars on a number of occasions. Mousekeeping has done special things during our stays at those resorts, but maybe not as regularly as at other resorts. Rest assured your room will be cleaned daily if you request it, and you should have a great time. Like I always say, Id rather be at WDW sleeping on a cott, than not beeing there at all. :lol:

Upvote 0
I stayed at POP twice and loved it. The mousekeeping there does some fun things too. This year will be my 1st time at POR and i am alittle iffy about it b/c i never been there. i hear a lot of nice things. i guess no matter where you stay, they are all nice. POP has great themeing and is very colorful for great pictures. it has its own bus stop, a nice food court and 3 large pools not counting the kiddie pools. It is also very clean, from my past experiances. I just love it there.. have fun!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

Also remember that it is a holiday peak season, so expect the parks to be crowded. If you are going to be there Thanksgiving Day, make sure you have Advanced Dining Reservations as soon as possible.

Upvote 0

alexaveryq

You didn't mention if you had kid(s)...I haven't stayed anywhere except POP (I'm way too cheap to spend so much extra on a hotel room when we're mostly just going to the parks, anyway), but we went at the same time as friends whose kids are the same age as ours. They stayed at the Contemporary and paid roughly $1500 more for their package than we did. Long story short, their kids were soooo disappointed with the Contemporary and very jealous of our kids who got to stay at the "cool" hotel. For kids, there's just no comparison to the Disney theming at POP and Movies. Although the other hotels seem awesome and extremely well-themed, they aren't "Disney". Even if you don't have kids, I think you would be pleasantly surprised with the theming. Housekeeping was good for us our whole stay, also, by the way, although they didn't do anything special (I think that's hit or miss no matter what resort you stay at).

Upvote 0

WildcatDen

I forgot to mention how crowded and chilly it was last year when i went during that same time..just make the best of it!

I guess you never really know. When we went over Thanksgiving Week back in 2004, we had weather in the upper 70's to low 80's. Still went back for a sweatshirt or jacket in the evening. I also recall the crowds not being so bad. My sister in-law went this past Thanksgiving and said it was crowded and they did have cooler weather (think it may have flurried one day). As for POP, we stayed at CBR and are doing it again this year :sohappy:

Upvote 0

rimousefan84

You'll love POP. My fiance and I have stayed there the past three years we have gone to WDW. The transportation system at POP is outstanding because it does not have to share with any other resorts, plus there is only one stop so there is no chance of the bus becoming full before it gets to you. :) The food court is decent, they have a wide variety of items. The poolside bar is effiecient and the drinks are delish... if you like that sort of thing. As long as you dont mind the extremely bright colors you should have a wonderful experience at POP! Have fun!

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I stayed at POP twice and loved it. The mousekeeping there does some fun things too. This year will be my 1st time at POR and i am alittle iffy about it b/c i never been there. i hear a lot of nice things. i guess no matter where you stay, they are all nice. POP has great themeing and is very colorful for great pictures. it has its own bus stop, a nice food court and 3 large pools not counting the kiddie pools. It is also very clean, from my past experiances. I just love it there.. have fun!!:wave:
I am staying at POP for the 1st time this year.
I have heard great things about POP!
Stayed at POR last summer.
We loved POR!
Very scenic, relaxing, quiet...you'll love it...don't worry!
Our mousekeeping did the fun things w/ our kid's stuffed characters.
The POFQ, next door, has a great pool w/ a dragon slide!
Also, try the food court at POFQ, it has a Mardi Gras theme.
They gave our kids beads at b'fast one morning!
:wave:

Upvote 0

Abbyjoe

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I am sure it will be great...We soooo look forward to our trips I wanted to double check with you all! :animwink: I am hoping we deal with the crowds well...we usually take the children out of school in early December. We are going knowing it will be crowded this year, so we are all going to make a list of our #1 "must dos" at each park, and go from there! Again, thanks for the input!

Upvote 0

Sherrybaby

If you have never stayed at a deluxe resort you might be fairly satisfied. Personally, I hated POR (Dixie Landings when I stayed there)... so probably compariing the two you won't find much difference than the lack of a waterslide.

I don't like POP, of all the value resorts I found that (for some reason) POP had the most unruly kids running around and the parents just sipping drinks and letting them knock old people over.

I'd rather stay home than to stay at POP, but you have to give it a try for yourself just like we did. We were there at Thanksgiving too two years ago. Stayed there a week on a special "wishes" golf package for my husband then quickly moved to the Poly.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I am so happy, I didn't think we were going to get to go at all this year!! ;)

My eldest is there as I type. She is in the 90s block I think. Wasnt happy that there was no acknowledgement of a request for a room near the transport. That said, the rooms are clean and tidy, food court is a food court.

Shes very happy with the resort, previously shes been at POR, Wilderness Lodge, and the cabins at FW.

Shed even stay in a HoJo if it meant that she could go. Afterall you only sleep and store your clothes in your room.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom