Will There Every Be a 5th Major Park?

MaryJaneP

Welcome to forum. OP (original poster) thought 5th park (gate) was needed to handle excess crowds. As PP (previous posters) have mentioned, and in my opinion (IMO), it is unlikely that there would be a 5th park because 1.) Existing parks can be improved to handle additional guests and 2.) WDW wants full parks to make max profit. New Park would be way too expensive. No reason to spend corporate money to reduce wait times and lines unless and until it becomes a drag on attendance. Easier to add M&G (meet and greet) spots and other events (shows, parades, stores) or even rides (again, very expensive) to existing parks first.

mitchk

And that is exactly what I was refering to.

You know, a new member is more cliche than a new member posting about a 5th gate. Guess what -- you are everything you are mocking with your hammer and barf sign. Just worse, because you do it to be rude, self important and just sad. But hey, as long as your ego has been stroked to your own satisfaction, hope you enjoy your own self gratification. Just wish we could avoid being witness to it.

:lol: give me a break, lets start a fight to keep this thread going. I thought :wave: was a nice thing. This hammer is for you :hammer:

H2Opolo15

Original Poster
Haha never did I expect so much response nor did I realize I had brought up a topic, what sounds like, dozens of times. I do apologize for not just searching, I am a member on a few other website that are extremely similar to this one so it is my bad...

Thank you all for all the warm welcomes, I always appreciate being welcomed. It is very interesting that many of you say it is very unlikely but then I get one response that brightens my horizons by saying it is going to happen? I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

On the note of expanding/improving HS and AK (I'm learning quickly :lol: ) I would definitely agree on that. There just doesn't seem to be much to do there any more. So on that note, what are the rumors of that? If you don't feel like posting I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction?

Again, thank you all for the responses and this has definitely been an eye opener at how well you all know Disney! Haha "Some imagination huh? haha!"

trr1

There is a fifth park being developed and land is already cleared but won't be announced til after Fantasyland is complete... It will be on the other side of the road from Fort Wilderness campgrounds area... Its going to be more thrilling like California Adventure... Trees are being cleared but there's a very thick level of forest blocking view from the road........ You can tell when Disney is up to something big because they build new resorts 1.) Disney's Art of Animation, 2.) There's a DVC resort going up in the Fort Wilderness area... They build the new resorts to accomodate the higher number of guests... I promise you this is coming from a legit source, a family member works with a company who made new low VOC paint for Disney and the person looking over the project has taked with them bout using 100% of their paint in these new projects including Fantasyland................
is that you Disneyroks?
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/member.php?u=71811

MarkTwain

Haha never did I expect so much response nor did I realize I had brought up a topic, what sounds like, dozens of times. I do apologize for not just searching, I am a member on a few other website that are extremely similar to this one so it is my bad...

Thank you all for all the warm welcomes, I always appreciate being welcomed. It is very interesting that many of you say it is very unlikely but then I get one response that brightens my horizons by saying it is going to happen? I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

On the note of expanding/improving HS and AK (I'm learning quickly :lol: ) I would definitely agree on that. There just doesn't seem to be much to do there any more. So on that note, what are the rumors of that? If you don't feel like posting I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction?

Again, thank you all for the responses and this has definitely been an eye opener at how well you all know Disney! Haha "Some imagination huh? haha!"

Rumors, including several from reliable members of this site, point to expansions of Pixar Place in Hollywood Studios, most prominent among them a Monster's Inc. themed roller coaster, and an addition of... something... to Animal Kingdom. Various things have been looked at, and this board has gotten ablaze with discussion over several things that were thought to be sure to happen (Mysterious Island, anyone? :lol:), but for the time being any expansion for DHS and AK is purely rumor. From what has been said, though, expansion for one of these parks is just a matter of time.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Here's my plan (if I were Bob ready to free up some cash for WDW). No new 5th park, don't really need it. Just need higher hourly capacity. Before the FLE is done, I'd announce the following

First in line is DAK....right now there's lots of infrastructure not generating profits after 5pm (restaurants and shops). The Animal Kingdom is in need of a new land up front (where Beastly Kingdom was supposed to go) that can accommodate 3 to 4 new attractions that can operate at night without bothering our wild friends in the back of the park. The park also needs a closing spectacular that fits these constraints. If Bob's really throwing us a bone, a North or South America land with animals could be added behind Asia.

Second, DHS....two or three new ride through attractions are needed, no more shows right now.

Third, Epcot....rehabbed Imagination with a brand new Image Works and two new attractions for World Showcase (either in existing countries-or whole new countries). Cost would probably be less if they were add ons to UK, Morocco, Japan, Italy or Germany. Just make them people-eaters as Walt used to say. Capacity, capacity, capacity....

The Encore, MK....let's update Tomorrowland again, with two new worthwhile attractions and a BIG E Ticket somewhere else. Find a new corner in FL for the Princesses and throw a new dark ride in the old Snow White location. And again, if there's lots of cash, how about an Alice attraction built around and over the Enchanted Grove.

I know that's alot to ask for, but if all this were achieved, as Alladin said, we'd have A Whole New "Disney" World, for you and me.

flavious27

I think that there will be a 5th gate sometime in the future because the rcid projections of daytime population in 2020 will increase by 36k (20% increase) people during the slow season to 93k (36% increase) in the busy season from 2009 numbers.

The projections also include 1 major park being added to the 4 existing and 2 minor parks being added to the existing 3.

WDW can not keep growing without additional places to put guests and the cms that serve them. The existing parks have room for expansion but it is a finite space they have with physical barriers surrounding them.

MK's only existing room to expand is in FL. EPCOT has space inside the existing boundaries, but the park is surrounded by canals, show buildings and a number of resorts. DHS can only expand on its southern border, but it will require rerouting south studio drive and emptying two ponds. DAK does have a large space on is NW side, but its location is close to the safari and may inhibit some large rides from being built.

flavious27

There is a fifth park being developed and land is already cleared but won't be announced til after Fantasyland is complete... It will be on the other side of the road from Fort Wilderness campgrounds area... Its going to be more thrilling like California Adventure... Trees are being cleared but there's a very thick level of forest blocking view from the road........ You can tell when Disney is up to something big because they build new resorts 1.) Disney's Art of Animation, 2.) There's a DVC resort going up in the Fort Wilderness area... They build the new resorts to accomodate the higher number of guests... I promise you this is coming from a legit source, a family member works with a company who made new low VOC paint for Disney and the person looking over the project has taked with them bout using 100% of their paint in these new projects including Fantasyland................

The land that you are talking about is only as large as the speedway; it is barely large enough for a water park and its shape is not very efficient for a Disney park. Right now that area is agriculture, they maybe changing to a different crop and that is why it looks like the land is being cleared.

AA isn't a new resort, it is disney finally getting around to finishing one that it mothballed. That and Disney needs more hotel rooms to keep up the pace and to not have non-property take more of their customers.

flavious27

A Marvel Waterpark is a VERY interesting idea. It would never be compared to Universal Studios - which I can see would keep them from ever flashing up a green light.

WDW is in desperate need of a 3rd waterpark again. There is tons of room to expand TL, not much at BB. But have you been to Aquatica? It is so CLEAN there. No where near as filthy as the WAY oversanded and overgrown Disney water parks.

A fresh water park would totally get my vote 100%

Well part of rcid's 2020 projections have 2 minor parks included in their calculations, and it won't take as much time and money for disney to build a third pool.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hello everyone! This is my 2nd post (first one not on the "Welcome" forum) and I have a question, but before I ask I would just like to say hello!

My family and I visited WDW just before Christmas time this past year, Dec. 19-22, and although I realize this is a busy time of year there just seemed to be a surplus of people everywhere making things uncomfortable crammed and lines growing to over 2 hours quickly after the parks open. So on our trip home we were brainstorming and figured what if they built a new park? I know they have a new value resort in the works but is there any possibility in the next 5-10 years of there being a new major park for WDW?
Not likely. At most I would expect to see a small boutique style park akin to Discovery Cove. While the parks do get incredibly crowded around that time of year the parks only experience those types of crowds around 2 maybe 3 weeks a year tops. When you see those kinds of crows on on off Wednesday in early February then we might see a 5th park. Until they reach that point all a 5th park would really do is cannibalize guests from the other 4.

scottnj1966

Hello everyone! This is my 2nd post (first one not on the "Welcome" forum) and I have a question, but before I ask I would just like to say hello!

My family and I visited WDW just before Christmas time this past year, Dec. 19-22, and although I realize this is a busy time of year there just seemed to be a surplus of people everywhere making things uncomfortable crammed and lines growing to over 2 hours quickly after the parks open. So on our trip home we were brainstorming and figured what if they built a new park? I know they have a new value resort in the works but is there any possibility in the next 5-10 years of there being a new major park for WDW?

I do not see them building another park, I see them expanding what they offer now. I have heard so many rumors about a thrill park but adding a few more thrill rides into each of the 4 parks makes more sense. No other place in the world has four unique theme parks you can visit in one place.

Magic Kingdom is finally being expanded even if it is just to take back the land that it lost. It's a start.

I dont see anymore parks. They just need to expand them, the restuarants, and shops so we all are not squeezed.

DisneyMusician2

I would have to agree and say that improvements in the four current parks and the revitalization of the Downtown Disney area are more important that adding a fifth gate in spacing out guests and really cutting the crowds by driving them in a more manageable way.

RSoxNo1

First in line is DAK....right now there's lots of infrastructure not generating profits after 5pm (restaurants and shops). The Animal Kingdom is in need of a new land up front (where Beastly Kingdom was supposed to go) that can accommodate 3 to 4 new attractions that can operate at night without bothering our wild friends in the back of the park. The park also needs a closing spectacular that fits these constraints. If Bob's really throwing us a bone, a North or South America land with animals could be added behind Asia.

I like your ideas - but I think the best approach for that large area of land behind Asia would be a theater for a nighttime show - it would allow for a long walking path, and given the current set up would not be too invasive to the rest of the park.

WDW_Princess

I know I am stupid for even saying it, but Animal Kingdom needs to live up to the original design. I want Beastly Kingdom. Since that will "never happen", they should use the land for so much more than a meet and greet. As a life long passholder, I can now do AK in 2 hours (only the attractions I want to see anymore). There is so much potential to be had there.

I guess I am saying what everyone else is. Improve what you have before adding more parks you won't improve on when they need it.

bjlc57

I firmly believe..

I firmly believe that the parks and the Disney company will take a giant downturn before a new park is added.. that they will continue to follow the all is well so why change until suddenly one day, all won't be well. that the parks will see a total drop off.. they will stop being clean.. and the money that is flowing in, will dry up.. then and ONLY THEN, will the bean counters be removed from the company.. similar to General Motors..

and finally will the idea makers be brought back to the fore ground, and money will have to be loaned, instead of taking from their own accounts.. and then the ship will be righted..

but until then.. it will be bandaid after bandaid.. and each time the bleeding will be a little more and a little more.. until the patient has a heart attack or stroke from lack of blood..

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I firmly believe that the parks and the Disney company will take a giant downturn before a new park is added.. that they will continue to follow the all is well so why change until suddenly one day, all won't be well. that the parks will see a total drop off.. they will stop being clean.. and the money that is flowing in, will dry up.. then and ONLY THEN, will the bean counters be removed from the company.. similar to General Motors..

and finally will the idea makers be brought back to the fore ground, and money will have to be loaned, instead of taking from their own accounts.. and then the ship will be righted..

but until then.. it will be bandaid after bandaid.. and each time the bleeding will be a little more and a little more.. until the patient has a heart attack or stroke from lack of blood..

Ah, unwarranted hyperbole, thy name is bjlc57....

JimboJones123

I do not see them building another park, I see them expanding what they offer now. I have heard so many rumors about a thrill park but adding a few more thrill rides into each of the 4 parks makes more sense. No other place in the world has four unique theme parks you can visit in one place.

Magic Kingdom is finally being expanded even if it is just to take back the land that it lost. It's a start.

I dont see anymore parks. They just need to expand them, the restuarants, and shops so we all are not squeezed.

A DCA like $1b overhaul combined for DHS and AK could increase capacity by 10k each. That would be about an average day at the existing parks in guests at $20, right?

Why build another $1.5-2b park when the issues could be solved by adding to the current parks?

RSoxNo1

Now it's all rumor at this point, but an option for two of the three parks in Shanghai are Epcot and the Animal Kingdom - now even if this happens, it would be several years (if not decades) down the road. When that happens, you could see some cloning across both parks.

That's one of the pitfalls of Epcot and the Animal Kingdom - thematically they are so different than any other park that Disney has.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom