Will their definitely not be a Indiana Jones land at DHS with the stunt show coming back?

cheezbat

While all the parks could really use a few more attractions, I think EPCOT needs the most... It is a shadow of itself from 20 years ago...even with the addition of GOTG and Remy, it still needs more...and has needed more for decades. Perhaps if they had fleshed out the missing yet planned attractions years ago they would have never needed to rely on festivals in order to sell tickets...The festivals would be a great addition to the lineup VS just a place to sample food and drinks.
Epcot just needs some fixing up. It has plenty of attractions.
Studios and Animal Kingdom need WAY more attractions.

MadTeacup

I'm pretty sure it's too early to consider this project dead. Minor updates to a 32 year old stunt show doesn't mean much. I'm fairly certain, however, that all additions/expansions in the parks that didn't start before the pandemic are still on hold indefinitely. Tomorrowland was next to get the greenlight (technically it did before the pandemic abruptly cancelled it), but that is still on hold from my understanding. Unfortunately, we'll just have to wait and see.

RSoxNo1

Epcot needs more *good* attractions
Yep, exactly. Bob Chapek said at back to back D23 Expos that it needed more things to do for families. That's not it at all. It's that the offerings they have are average when compared to the other parks. The current "solution" involves adding a super expensive roller coaster that will have a height requirement of at least 40 inches. That doesn't exactly solve the problem, even if it's as good as Rise of the Resistance.

The park needs to bring up the level of what's there. That means making Imagination into a family friendly E-Ticket, it means a proper SSE update that inspires once again. That means a Seas update that takes advantage of the unique aquarium setting.

rle4lunch

The stunt show doesn't need to come back. It's not really that enjoyable, and doesn't fit where the park is thematically any longer. It's a people eater, sure.. but... it's pretty meh.

TikibirdLand

The stunt show doesn't need to come back. It's not really that enjoyable, and doesn't fit where the park is thematically any longer. It's a people eater, sure.. but... it's pretty meh.
Just to catch you up on threads you might have missed:
* It's a good show and one of the last of the "original" MGM Studios shows
* It's Indiana Jones -- what? you want less?
* "I got to be an extra", you just didn't "get it"
* No one requires you to go. Feel free to skip it. That will give you more time in line for RoTR.
and my favorite:
* Needs to converted to Zootopia|Ice Age|Encato|Coco -- Land

Bocabear

I would not say no to a complete Indiana Jones Land with a clone of one of the Indiana Jones Adventure rides, and an additional smaller footprint ride like the coaster from Paris or Raging Spirits from DisneySea... Maybe a spinner as well, and it would certainly blow Toy Story Land out of the water... And would fit nicely into the space available...Shown in Gold, the Disney Sea Indiana Jones and Raging Spirits Coaster...
Indiana Jones HS.jpg

rle4lunch

Just to catch you up on threads you might have missed:
* It's a good show and one of the last of the "original" MGM Studios shows
* It's Indiana Jones -- what? you want less?
* "I got to be an extra", you just didn't "get it"
* No one requires you to go. Feel free to skip it. That will give you more time in line for RoTR.
and my favorite:
* Needs to converted to Zootopia|Ice Age|Encato|Coco -- Land
Thanks for the update! I dropped off the boards for the last 6 months or so because of all the curmudgeon-ry on here. But we're heading back down the first week of May, so I wanted to get up to speed. Sad that the projects that were under construction last time we were there (Jan 2021) are still not operational (except Rat).

999th Happy Haunt

I would not say no to a complete Indiana Jones Land with a clone of one of the Indiana Jones Adventure rides, and an additional smaller footprint ride like the coaster from Paris or Raging Spirits from DisneySea... Maybe a spinner as well, and it would certainly blow Toy Story Land out of the water... And would fit nicely into the space available...Shown in Gold, the Disney Sea Indiana Jones and Raging Spirits Coaster...View attachment 622062
I know I’ve done enough gushing but I would literally cry if this happened.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
My dream for that area is still an Indiana Jones themed boat ride based on Shanghai Pirates tech.

I know, won't happen.
“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths"

tell this to slappie

PrinceAladdin9421

Original Poster
I would not say no to a complete Indiana Jones Land with a clone of one of the Indiana Jones Adventure rides, and an additional smaller footprint ride like the coaster from Paris or Raging Spirits from DisneySea... Maybe a spinner as well, and it would certainly blow Toy Story Land out of the water... And would fit nicely into the space available...Shown in Gold, the Disney Sea Indiana Jones and Raging Spirits Coaster...View attachment 622062
BocaBear I hope your right indeed I would like to see a Indiana Jones state of the art water ride since DHS has no water rides at all I think it could use one in the studios. I’d like to see raging spirits coaster or DisneySea Indy Ride as a second Indiana Jones attraction and a few new restaurants.

Bocabear

BocaBear I hope your right indeed I would like to see a Indiana Jones state of the art water ride since DHS has no water rides at all I think it could use one in the studios. I’d like to see raging spirits coaster or DisneySea Indy Ride as a second Indiana Jones attraction and a few new restaurants.
Me too....either using the original Indiana Jones ride system or the more advances Shanghai Pirates system...I would think the IJ ride system would be cheaper, but yes!! It would be a wonderful addition especially if paired with the Raging Spirits coaster...Create a full land for it.

Piebald

I know settling is what Chapek wants but I'd even settle for Raging Spirits. It's not amazing or competing with Velocicoaster but I mean how difficult and expensive can it be to plop that somewhere near the stunt show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom