Will Pleasure Island ever get fixed?

gonnichi

Original Poster
I was just wondering if any of the insiders here have heard when Pleasure Island will be fixed, replaced, or if it will ever be opened again? I really enjoyed PI and some of my best memories of WDW as an adult come from PI. I really miss the Adventurers club alot. We are hearing rumors about all of the possible fixes for all of the parks but I haven't heard much about when PI will get fixed.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The buildings will eventually be re-purposed or demolished and rebuilt, but I would not hold my breath hoping for AC to rise from the ashes. When is anyone's guess. There are plenty of plans out there for PI and DTD in general, but Disney does not exactly seem to be in a rush to start moving dirt.

menamechris

There were rumors swirling around pretty heavily for awhile, and now they have died down again. Even Tom Staggs teased something was going to be announced regarding Downtown Disney over a year ago. The problem is that the issues throughout WDW are enormous - and Downtown Disney is probably no longer a huge priority....

Lee

Adventurer
Expect a major announcement about this soon. BIG things are coming
Agreed on the soon part. I think I was told February for an announcement.

As for the "BIG" part...we'll see.
It depends on which plan was chosen, the basic plan or the "everything but the kitchen sink" plan. I honestly haven't heard for sure.
I did here that there was a "backstory" involved.

(I'm just hoping they didn't go with the "Disney Springs" name...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom