Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Oh boy.... Full panic mode in my area.

On the bright side, what this means for me: while I can't do everything that I do online, I will at least have shorter work days! I'll be spending that time enjoying the extra spring gardening time working online. ;)

Well you made me 😊 this morning Dr.Alice happy to hear you are still able to get a jump on spring gardening accomplish work from your home!😉

celluloid

Many of the performers of these overseas parks are American or Australian. Once they start flying back in, I would then think they are closer to fully opening the resort. Maybe they will reopen with very little entertainment.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Saw this about Shanghai outside Disney park related areas now phased in....like their downtown Disney area, Disneyland Hotel and Disneytown....trying to imagine these protocols INSIDE the park😷….and how respectful social distances could be maintained in a Disney Park?😏 Trying to picture CM's actually enforcing this....and if one is always required to wear mask how does one eat?:oops:

Visitors will be greeted by a very different atmosphere than before the coronavirus outbreak, however. From now on, guests entering the facilities will have to undergo temperature screenings, and be required to wear a mask throughout the entire visit, the company said. Anyone entering one of the dining areas will also have to present a QR code that pulls up their health records.
They are also being asked to "maintain respectful social distances" while using the premises, which will operate on a reduced schedule.

Image result for eating while wearing masks

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
How far is "respectful social distances" to the Chinese? If they follow that at USH that means about three inches.

😀What if it were 6 feet?!?!? :rolleyes: Especially in a queue....shut down rows to every 3rd, and have attachments(reclaimed selfie sticks) attached to back to keep spacing in line.....fill rows spaced apart....disinfect spacer sticks, begin again.....and park capacity reduced by 2/3. 🧐

Travel Junkie

Josh Damaro is very much missed in Anaheim. The TDA folks feel he was stolen from them way too early, and they wish he would come back. Their only hope now is that Josh gets Bob Jr.'s old job, instead of it going to Michael Colglazier or some random merchandise executive that Bob Jr. drinks whiskey with.

My hope is that Damaro gets the job and Chapek is too busy running the whole company to worry too much about parks besides the big ticket items.

My fear is that Chapek promotes one of his buddies from merch.

Darkbeer1

Between meetings, will catchn up this evening, late. Insane weekend thanks to COVID-19.

Interesting press conference by the President today, and what is coming tomorrow. Stock futures are up.

But got to a SCNG and read this.

SuddenStorm

Did this news make it into the thread?

The park remained open. Chances of stateside parks closing seems to diminish daily

Let's all do our part and make sure this news makes it all over social media. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit- you name it! I think for the health and safety of the general populace it's important that as many people as possible cancel their Disneyland Paris vacations prior to March 18.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
For my original around the world Disney trip, I downloaded the WeChat app from China. I kept it because the friend that helped me get my account set up lives there and I wanted to chat occasionally.

Got this through the Shanghai WeChat account I also followed:

(Translation by Google)

“Shanghai Disneyland continues to close. Shanghai Disney Resort will continue to closely monitor the progress of health and safety with relevant government departments. However, as the first step in resuming operations in stages, some of the experiences and services of Shanghai Disney Resort will be reopened from March 9, 2020-Disney Town, Xingyuan Park, and some shopping and dining at Shanghai Disneyland Stores and some leisure experiences will resume operations. During this period, passenger flow will be restricted and operating hours will be shortened. The Disney small car and coach parking lot and Disney Town parking lot will reopen simultaneously.

The Shanghai Disney Resort will take a series of measures, including comprehensive and rigorous sanitation, disinfection and cleaning to ensure the safety and health of all visitors, cast members, and employees of Disney town tenants.”

socalifornian

New meet-n-greet
9F7D1602-664B-4CAD-A7B8-E6F17080532D.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom