Will Disney help me?

Skylinecar1982

I am staying at the All-Star Movies resort for one day then I am going to the AKL for the next 4 nights. My question is will Disney transfer my bags to the AKL?

The reason I ask is because it will be my GF and I. She has no idea that we will be staying at the AKL(when I asked where she most wanted to stay she said there but thinks its too expensive.). I kind of told her we will be jumping around between the value resorts during our stay. I thought it would make her not completely unpack. Is there anyway for me to get her without her figuring it out til the last second?

I was thinking and this depends on if Disney will move the bags for me to the AKL. I would arrange everything with the front desk upon arrival then, I was going to get her up for the day as normal and have breakfast there then go to the parks for the day. Before we leave for the parks I sneak away and go over everything with the front desk. When it comes toward the end of the day I tell her "I heard there's a nice casual place to have dinner at AKL" We then go there and I pick up the room keys while I find away to sneak away from dinner. I then tell her the man/woman at the front desk told me there is a great place on the (whatever floor we are staying at) that we can view animals.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? Does that sound good?

Excuse me for rambling.

duck_daddy

Sounds great! I think disney will oblige, but if not, you could always tell her you will be moving to _________ value resort that day and to pack up, then continue with things as planned. You would then have her and your luggage all in one spot!:shrug:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If you've booked the two resorts, they'll move your bags [make sure they're packed and ready] between resorts.

I'm sure they'll help as much as they can with the rest of the surprise if you ask.

Upvote 0

KelsaBels

Just wanted to add that I hope this works out smoothly for you.

What a great surprise for your girlfriend. You rock! I would've loved for my hubby to do something like this for me. Good luck!

Upvote 0

DisneyGirl11

I'm sure Disney will help, like someone else said, if you are booked at both resorts. The whole thing sounds great. I would love to stay at the AKL. Especially in a room where you can see the animals. Good Luck!:p

Upvote 0

Number_6

I used to work at the Boardwalk Inn & Resort and handled the luggage transfers. It's no problem and they try to have everything sent over by 2pm at the latest, but usually have it done by noon. Since you are booked at both resorts, you'll just need to confirm with the front desk that there is a transfer, after that it's no problem, they'll make sure your bags get to the AKL and are waiting for you in your room. All you should need to do is get your key from the AKL as you are planning and you'll be all set. You won't need to sneak away to confirm that everything is being handled for the transfer, but you may need to contact the bell desk to get the bags brought down for the transfer, so keep that in mind.

Upvote 0

Skylinecar1982

Original Poster
Wow I am always amazed at this site for how much people care. Thank you everyone for taking the time to help me. (I've been on quite a few forums that people are less then helpful.)

Everything sounds great. I did book both resorts through Disney. I booked both with AP rates. All Star Movies was $84 w/tax and AKL(Savannah View) $265 w/tax. Still very expensive but I am not making it a habit.
Can't wait May 2nd to 8th.

Thank you

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Lucky GF. How sweet.....:kiss: we were there in Dec. and transferred from POP to POR and they brought out a van and a driver took us and our bags over there in no time. was neat. disney has the best service as usual....

Upvote 0

maryszhi

Oh how romantic!!!!!
There really should not be a problem , I've done it a few times b/f!
Example we stayed 3 days at the contem.3 days at the poly. and 3 days at the grand.
Have a great time!!!!
~A dream is what your heart makes~
~When you wish upon a star~

Upvote 0

Philo

Out of interest, whats the best way to book this?

We are going in about a year. We are going to stay for 11 or 12 nights split at least between AKL and WL but maybe the Poly too.

I had a quick look online and it seems that you cant book a resort and ticket package for less than 5 days and we will need each resort for at 4 days, tickets for the full 11 or 12 (will probably get the 14day ultimate ticket as we're from the UK) and the dining plan. Cant get the dining plan without the tickets + accomodation and can't get the tickets unless we book a resort for more than 5 days.

I will probably end up calling them anyway (it's much nicer) but am I missing something???

Upvote 0

Fire1831

Out of interest, whats the best way to book this?

I will probably end up calling them anyway (it's much nicer) but am I missing something???

calling is your best bet. The CM are usually very helpful working everything out for you.Sounds like a great vacation definitely consider poly:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom