Will Discovery/Treasure Island Ever Be Seen Again?

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
You're all wrong... they plan to send Tony Baxter there... it contains a bricked circle pit and at the bottom is the retirement home. The light shines through the pit and encourages anyone to try to climb out. Only Batman and Talia have ever escaped... If he escapes they finally will use his expertise in theme park ride design.

PhotoDave219

Obviously they're not going anywhere. I never said the island was going to go anywhere. I am simply asking for people's opinion or rumors about what Disney plans to use the island for in the future. It seems a large waste to let such a cool area that was discovered by Walt himself to go to waste like it is.

Clearly you havent been to the studios lately; they have no problem letting large areas go to waste.

DrewmanS

Possibilities (1 already mentioned)
1. Survivor Discovery Island
2. Pandora (keeps Avatar out of AK)
3. Clothing Optional Campground

The problem is location. A small island only has one mode of transportation. Disney will not put guests on the island overnight if they can't easily get off the island. Same is true for a large scale attractions.

The other issue is infrastructure and resupply. While the island has power, what about water and sewer lines or did it rely on fresh water deliveries and septic tanks? This likely limits the amount of people the island can accommodate.

The most likely candidates would be some type Tom Sawyer or Pirates themes land that small groups of people could explore. The two biggest obstacles I see are making it ADA accessible and clearing the current wildlife from the island.

taz0162

Expanded Pirates Legue Experience. Find the buried treasure. Map with hints. Shovels to dig to search. Aligators loose running amuck. OK Maybe no Aligator danger on Disney property for the kids. but the possibilities could be many. Send out 2-3 teams of pirates each searching for the treasure.

Walt 1901

I think they should make a Pirates of the Caribbean themed dinner experience. You would board a pirated themed boat from Grand Floridian and take it to the island. Once on the island you would have a dinner and show. The town would be based on Tortuga from the movie. It would have shops and a viewing area for the nightly fireworks. Guest would be welcome to come in costume if they wish and it could have characters as well.

Mouseketeer #1

Original Poster
I think they should make a Pirates of the Caribbean themed dinner experience. You would board a pirated themed boat from Grand Floridian and take it to the island. Once on the island you would have a dinner and show. The town would be based on Tortuga from the movie. It would have shops and a viewing area for the nightly fireworks. Guest would be welcome to come in costume if they wish and it could have characters as well.

That sounds really cool. I would definitely go!

Walt 1901

You know what they could charge for adults to spend New Years eve in Tortuga. Could you see the ads. "Ring in the new year like a Pirate. Come to the island of Tortuga where there is always rum!".

Mouseketeer #1

Original Poster
You know what they could charge for adults to spend New Years eve in Tortuga. Could you see the ads. "Ring in the new year like a Pirate. Come to the island of Tortuga where there is always rum!".

The only issue with that is then they have to provide child care, a lot more than they do now, and at every resort or area.

Walt 1901

The only issue with that is then they have to provide child care, a lot more than they do now, and at every resort or area.
That would be perfect. $49.99 per adult to attend the party and $29.99 per child for baby sitting service at your resort. Even more way for Disney to make money. I cant be any worse then the adult that use to attend the events at Pleasure Island in its day.

DisneyGuyNYC

I don't know. To my thinking this would be a limited-number-of-guests a night deal and there are PLENTY of people without kids in Disney that would jump at this. Honeymooners alone.

I personally have never attended Disney with kids since I was one myself. Went with friends after High School and all through college and with my adult family a few times. Then I went with my boyfriend a couple times. The people I know who have come with children generally come in groups with a large family and take turns at night with the kids.

I mean CityWalk and Pleasure Island worked, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom