Will DHS attract a DCA style 'reboot'???

Muppet of a Man

I think we can all agree that WDW as a whole needs a ton of TLC. While Universal is making a push now with the rumored Potter expansion, those areas of that park are also going to need a lot of TLC in 10-15 years. However, I agree that major changes can be made to all the Disney Parks.

Magic Kingdom- With the Fantasy Land expansion in progress, the only thing left in the park that needs a major upgrade would be Tomorrowland. A update to Space Mt. to bring it up to date with the rest of the Space Mts. Besides this, a Stich replacement and an overall ambiance change is all that needs to be done. Magic Kingdom is what it is and should not change, Walt's original vision of a theme park.

Epcot- I might be in the minority, but I think Mission Space needs a serious reboot or a complete overhaul, I think more then anything else at WDW it has been a major money failure. They could also use a people grabber in the old Wonders of Life Pavilion.

DHS- A better imagined back of the park. Lights motor's Action could be rethemed to cars and another cars themed attraction could be put near by. Also, the backlot tour should either be scraped or re-imagined.

AK- Well a lot needs to be done here. Disney needs another half of a park or just decide that this is a half day park and market it as so.

These are just my quick thoughts on what Disney needs to do first but I think DHS and EPCOT need more work before MK.

J03Y

DHS, as stable as it is, needs updates, to make it more appealing as a park and worthy of being up against Islands of Adventure.

it needs to adopt more action-packed movies as attractions or areas of the park, like incorporating the Marvel heroes that aren't being showcased in IOA into little areas. there is so much they can do to improve the park and make it more fascinating.

also, they should probably update the Great Movie Ride a little, but that's my opinion.

AswaySuller

Really? DHS is a great park...

Animal kingdom needs a DCA style reboot IMO.... I know it's getting avatar but I'm not sure that'll cut t.

herc

I think the FLE will definitely alleviate traffic flow problems at the magic kingdom. I don't know what the big gripe is about traffic flow. So what if it gets crowded. DL has dealt with it for years. Has anyone tried moving around Adventureland in DL? It's a mad house.

Anyway, with the new Liberty Square/Fantasyland entrance, I think it will help.

For the park that needs the most work, it definitely is DHS (my fav no matter what). Everyone has negative opinions about Pixar in the parks, but this park is screaming for more Pixar. Get rid of the backlot tour and add on to Pixar Place. That will get people to the very back of the park. Add another Indiana Jones attraction (Temple of the Forbidden Eye type) over on the left side. Cut into the parking lot and square out the park. Make DHS about the movies and Hollywood, not as a production park as originally planned. Don't use everything as sets. Use them as attractions. DHS needs to lose the "it's only a movie" theming with one side of the wall painted and the other side like a working studio. That alone would make the park seem more complete. Add a three C or D "family" attractions besides a thrilling Monsters Inc Door Coaster and Indiana Jones attraction.

I know people won't like it, but Disney does on Marvel. Place them in this park. These actions heroes are hot right now and the movies are making a killing. Time to cash in at the parks.

Streets of America concept needs to go. Again, it is not a working movie park any longer.

These are just some suggestions that have been bantered back and forth forever. TDO just doesn't like to spend money. They don't have any motivation to. Just like the rhyme: The king is in the counting house counting out his money. TDO is too busy counting all that comes in and not enough time building more. Treat each park as its own. Just because the FLE is going on at the Magic Kingdom, it should not hinder any other development at the other parks.

Doubt that Avatar in DAK will ever come true. Would rather see it as an alien type attraction building in Tomorrowland instead like a previous post suggested. Animal Kingdom is only one land (with attractions) away from being a full day park. Something (don't kill me but Beastly Kingdomme is the best choice) is needed to replace Camp Minnie Mickey. Festival of the Lion King is so easily movable to the Harambi area where is really belongs. Add something new to Dinoland and possibly something in Asia and that park would rock. My goodness, the lighting at night in that park is Amazing. Most have never seen it at night.

Once a full day park, the New Adventurers Club and Dining Experience could take over Rainforest Cafe. Can we say hit in the making.

Anyway those are my thoughts.

J03Y

i think Pixar Place was a fairly smart move, they just haven't done anything else with it, which ticks me off a bit actually. Pixar can have so much in it, yet they choose to do nothing. Disney logic :mad:

MissMorrow

I know I'm in the minority with my love for DHS, but I agree it needs some help. The "we're a working studio" pretense needs to be dropped completely, the backlot gutted, Pixar Place expanded preferably with family friendly attractions, Indiana Jones can stay with a few updates, same for LMA, gut Sounds Dangerous and AI, remove the hat and put a new shorter one in the entrance plaza, and maybe move One Man's Dream into a reworked Magic of Animation.

Although, IMO AK is in need of the most help. If there ever was a half-day park at WDW, that's it. And Avatar is not the answer.

wdwfan4ver

I think the FLE will definitely alleviate traffic flow problems at the magic kingdom. I don't know what the big gripe is about traffic flow. So what if it gets crowded. DL has dealt with it for years. Has anyone tried moving around Adventureland in DL? It's a mad house.

Anyway, with the new Liberty Square/Fantasyland entrance, I think it will help.

For the park that needs the most work, it definitely is DHS (my fav no matter what). Everyone has negative opinions about Pixar in the parks, but this park is screaming for more Pixar. Get rid of the backlot tour and add on to Pixar Place. That will get people to the very back of the park. Add another Indiana Jones attraction (Temple of the Forbidden Eye type) over on the left side. Cut into the parking lot and square out the park. Make DHS about the movies and Hollywood, not as a production park as originally planned. Don't use everything as sets. Use them as attractions. DHS needs to lose the "it's only a movie" theming with one side of the wall painted and the other side like a working studio. That alone would make the park seem more complete. Add a three C or D "family" attractions besides a thrilling Monsters Inc Door Coaster and Indiana Jones attraction.

I know people won't like it, but Disney does on Marvel. Place them in this park. These actions heroes are hot right now and the movies are making a killing. Time to cash in at the parks.

Streets of America concept needs to go. Again, it is not a working movie park any longer.

These are just some suggestions that have been bantered back and forth forever. TDO just doesn't like to spend money. They don't have any motivation to. Just like the rhyme: The king is in the counting house counting out his money. TDO is too busy counting all that comes in and not enough time building more. Treat each park as its own. Just because the FLE is going on at the Magic Kingdom, it should not hinder any other development at the other parks.

Doubt that Avatar in DAK will ever come true. Would rather see it as an alien type attraction building in Tomorrowland instead like a previous post suggested. Animal Kingdom is only one land (with attractions) away from being a full day park. Something (don't kill me but Beastly Kingdomme is the best choice) is needed to replace Camp Minnie Mickey. Festival of the Lion King is so easily movable to the Harambi area where is really belongs. Add something new to Dinoland and possibly something in Asia and that park would rock. My goodness, the lighting at night in that park is Amazing. Most have never seen it at night.

Once a full day park, the New Adventurers Club and Dining Experience could take over Rainforest Cafe. Can we say hit in the making.

Anyway those are my thoughts.
I agree with you with DHS, but there is a problem with getting a rid of Streets of America. Streets of America is used for The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights in November, December and early January.

By getting a rid of Streets of America, there is a question of where to put the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. Getting a rid of the The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights basically ruins the park for Christmas decorations like Lights of Winters being gone killed most of Future World for Christmas Decorations. The The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights also is one of the major reasons people go to DHS in late November to early January a couple hours before the park closes.

I agree that Street America where The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights is located is a waste of space when the decorations aren't up.

POTC

Here are some ideas to make DHS a more cohesive park:

-Get rid of the hat
-add red car trolleys going down Hollywood and Sunset Blvd.
-Theme RNRC area to Sunset Blvd.
-In the area to the left of the RNRC area, have a Mickey Movieland (similar to Disneyland's toontown, but themed to the movies) with entrances on Sunset Blvd. and the RNRC area
-rename the left side of Echo Lake (past the lake) Lucasland, move Jedi Training Academy into the SD building and add an X-wing spinner
-Get rid of Streets of America and expand into that area for a Muppet Land with an Electric Mayhem Stage, Fozzie Bear Comedy Club, Great Muppet Movie Ride, and Swedish Chef Restaurant.
-Replace the backlot with an expanded Pixar Place with a mini Cars Land, UP house, Monsters Inc ride, a BnL interactive area (similar to innoventions but themed to Wall-E), and Incredibles 3D show, Ratatouille restaurant and retheme the HISTK play area to a bug's life

Simple!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom