Will bell services transfer luggage from Coronado Springs to the Dolphin Hotel?

lmpkmp

Original Poster
My husband and I are staying at Coronado Springs in September. We decided to extend our vacation and used points to book a free night at the Dolphin Hotel. I know that bell services will transfer luggage to other Disney resorts, but I wasn't sure if they would to the Dolphin since it is technically not a resort hotel.

s8film40

When I worked in resorts several years back they did do that. Also S&D transferred to Disney resorts as well. I would guess they still do, but it may get be worth calling and asking.

LUVofDIS

I just called a few months ago, we are staying at All Start Movies one night and the rest of the stay will be at POP. I asked if they would be able to transfer my luggage and I was told, from All Star we could take a bus to a park and get on a POP bus to the resort.

We will probably Uber.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I just called a few months ago, we are staying at All Start Movies one night and the rest of the stay will be at POP. I asked if they would be able to transfer my luggage and I was told, from All Star we could take a bus to a park and get on a POP bus to the resort.

We will probably Uber.
You were either informed incorrectly or the CM misunderstood your question. Bell services at All Star Movies can transport your luggage to Pop Century for you. What they cannot do is transport you with your luggage.

Also, any luggage (except backpacks) is not allowed on a Disney bus so you cannot transfer your own luggage using the bus system.

Uber will definitely be more direct and faster because it can take up to 4 hours (or more) to transfer luggage from one Disney owned resort to another.

LUVofDIS

Maybe she misunderstood me, thank you for the information. I thought we had the same issue last year when we went from POP to the Dolphin. I remember asking the check in CM and she told us the same thing. We ended up using Uber to get to the Dolphin.

The four hour wait wouldn't be a problem for Bell Services, we would go to a park for the day and pick up our luggage that night.

James J

In the Parks
No
Also, any luggage (except backpacks) is not allowed on a Disney bus so you cannot transfer your own luggage using the bus system.

It may be an exception and not really applicable to this situation, but you can take checked luggage with you on the Disney buses to Disney Springs. For those of us in the UK using Virgin as our travel agent, we can check in for our return flights at the Virgin Atlantic desk based at DS. We've always taken our luggage with us on the Disney bus to do this and it's never been a problem.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It may be an exception and not really applicable to this situation, but you can take checked luggage with you on the Disney buses to Disney Springs. For those of us in the UK using Virgin as our travel agent, we can check in for our return flights at the Virgin Atlantic desk based at DS. We've always taken our luggage with us on the Disney bus to do this and it's never been a problem.
It is the exception. 🙂

HwdStudio

Maybe she misunderstood me, thank you for the information. I thought we had the same issue last year when we went from POP to the Dolphin. I remember asking the check in CM and she told us the same thing. We ended up using Uber to get to the Dolphin.

The four hour wait wouldn't be a problem for Bell Services, we would go to a park for the day and pick up our luggage that night.
Since the Dolphin is not an actual Disney property that could have been the issue. I honestly have no idea. Just a guess.

I have transferred between 2 Disney resorts many times. They will not transfer your bags to the Swan and Dolphin since they are not Disney hotels. If it was me, I would bring my bags to bell services(at Coronado) and ask them if they could transfer your bags to the Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach club resorts. If a reservation at one of those resorts is required for a transfer, then I would use the mini van/Uber service. If they will transfer your bags to one of those resorts, then take the bus to the resort it is being transfer to and walk your luggage over to Swan and Dolphin.

s8film40

I did a quick search and as of earlier this year they were still transferring luggage.

So just take your bags down to bell services or ask them to come and pick them up and they can transfer them. Take a bus to wherever your going and take a bus back to the Dolphin and your bags will be there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom