will any new ride replace body wars any time soon?

hammysammy59

I'm all for ripping Wonders of Life right out of Epcot... as long as they replace it with a newer, better "inside the human body" Pavillion. I'm gonna miss the 80's look of it (it was always one of my favorite structures at Epcot) but if we can get a modernized Body Wars that doesn't leave people throwing up or with broken necks, I'm all for it.

If they decide against a new "inside the human body" themed pavillion, a weather one would be pretty sweet. I'd love a ride that takes us inside a tornado...

LilRoo714

Inside WOL

The pavilion is still completely intact and the same inside. Nothing is happening in there. CM's sometimes use the upstairs conference rooms for meetings. They have a circus tent-like theme up there. Last time I was in there all the lights inside were up and running, the building was just empty. Managers told us it's completely a sponsorship issue. If they could find one, then who knows...

mitchk

I never went in WOL. When I was at Epcot in 2004 it was opened. I was on my cell phone talking to my Grandma (she called to see if I was having a good time ), and I was walking past the big sign for WOL. I asked her if she likes WOL, and she said it was one of her, and my grandfathers favorite pavilions. I told my girl we should check it out, and she said "your grandparents love American Adventure, and COP, were not going in there" (my girlfriend hates the shows, I love them). When I was back in 2005 I walked right past it. Then I started to do a little research on the pavilion, and decided next time I go back I'll check out WOL. Well, I didn't get back there in time, in May of this year, I stood outside of WOL (The walkway into the building was blocked off with bushes), and just tried to imagine what it must have been like in there. Oh well, as long as they put in a good replacement I'll be happy

kcnole

I told my girl we should check it out, and she said "your grandparents love American Adventure, and COP, were not going in there"

Doesn't like COP? I hope you dumped that girl.

Pete C

If they want the best 'inside the body' pavillion, they should talk to the folks behind the BODIES exhibit that is touring the country. I saw this last weekend and could only think...this would be perfect in Epcot! If that could take up a permanent residence at Epcot, it would be a must-see pavillion.

Connor002

Pete C said:
If they want the best 'inside the body' pavillion, they should talk to the folks behind the BODIES exhibit that is touring the country. If that could take up a permanent residence at Epcot, it would be a must-see pavillion.
Uh... if you mean "Body Worlds," well, then I hope this was a joke.
:lookaroun

WOTSIT

Until they decide to build a new pavillion, or put a new attraction in the existing one - why not at least OPEN what is already there for us to enjoy?

That Pavillion had three attractions - Body Wars, Making Of Me and Cranium Command. All there are ok to good attractions. - So why not GET EM OPEN??

CThaddeus

WOTSIT said:
Until they decide to build a new pavillion, or put a new attraction in the existing one - why not at least OPEN what is already there for us to enjoy?

That Pavillion had three attractions - Body Wars, Making Of Me and Cranium Command. All there are ok to good attractions. - So why not GET EM OPEN??

Ditto. And then some, though I'd up the rating on Making of Me to great and Cranium Command to incredible.

88keys

LilRoo714 said:
The pavilion is still completely intact and the same inside. Nothing is happening in there. CM's sometimes use the upstairs conference rooms for meetings. They have a circus tent-like theme up there. Last time I was in there all the lights inside were up and running, the building was just empty. Managers told us it's completely a sponsorship issue. If they could find one, then who knows...

The rumour going around is that Body Wars is long gone and in Hong Kong -- the whole ride was transported there lock, stock and barrel.

Scar Junior

Haha what? I think word would have gotten out about this long before now. It would be a massive move and CMs who have been inside the pavillion withiin the past few months all claim that the attractions are still there.

Scar Junior

What about a Dino/Indy style ride in which each room is another part of the human body. Or another vehicle style (Spiderman and Mummy have been mentioned). The story line could be similar to BW. There is more than enough room too.
--------
I thought BW was awesome when I first went - they were testing it. Since the mid 90s it has been a flop with no wait time. The making of me was innovative and enjoyable but nothing that should be "saved." I just straight up hated The Making of Me.

88keys

This info was on, I believe, MousePlanet and JimHill (I know I saw it several times but cannot remember exactly where). Any CMs care to confirm or deny?

Pete C

I don't know how much of a draw the body is for an E-ticket ride. It doesn't really appeal to me at all. Mission Space, Soarin, Test Track...these types of rides go over well with everyone because people always want to go fast in a car, launch into space, and fly over beautiful scenery. Travelling through the human body I think would only appeal to a subset of guests. I don't know...maybe I am wrong. Either way, I don't see it happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom