Wilderness Lodge

swimmom

WL is our favorite resort. We love the atmosphere & theming. Transportation always gets a bad rap at WL, but we allow plenty of time to get where we are going and sit back and let Disney do the driving. The boat transportation to MK is a nice alternative. When going to Epcot, we take the boat to Contemporary and then take the monorail to Epcot. May not be the fastest, but we have fun. Whispering Canyon Cafe has good food and can be a lot of fun. Ask about being a flag family when you check in. We haven't had this opportunity, but we are going to try on our next trip.
Here's a link about flag families. http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_wl10.htm

I hope you like WL as much as we do! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

It's a great place to stay! It's very well themed and really makes you forget that you're in the Sunshine state! The dinner show there is great and the other eateries are top notch!

It's nice to spend time walking around as well!

You will not be disappointed!

Upvote 0

ImagineAtl23

Well. . . .

Me and my family relly like it alot, as a matter of a fact we are going in November(I CANT WAIT !) but anyway its very very nice the location is prime as well. Excellently themed has good food, etc etc. Good Choice !

Upvote 0

tigsmom

You made a great choice! We have stayed there about 8 times (kinda lost count). We just love the themeing... the spacious lobby and the beautiful grounds. We have never had a bad experience there. Make sure to stop by the Whispering Canyon Cafe, Artist Point (if you can) and don't forget the Roarin' Forks Snack Bar - thats where you get your refillable mugs.

We love the boat ride to the MK in the morning and its great at sunset too. You can take the launch to the Contemporary to hit the monorail as well.

As for the bus transportation, a lot of people complain, but we have never had a problem with it. Its much better than The Boardwalk Inn where 5 resorts share the buses... they are very crowded and few & far between.

Upvote 0

Mystic

WL is our resort of choice. We used to stay at CR a long time ago but when we started going back recently it's been the Lodge and we love it there. Great atmosphere, very warm and inviting. You'll love Whispering Canyon Cafe and the antics that can go on there. We love the Lodge (Woods) view rooms that look out over the trees, very quiet and relaxing. You made a great choice in hotel.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
It's great! Try to request a 4th or 5th floor Courtyard view - 6th floor has a balcony wall instead of a balcony railing so you have to stand up to see out your balcony. I highly enjoyed staying here.

Here's a tip though. Roaring Fork is the "fast food" restaurant at the resort and in my opinion the food selection is very small. For a great breakfast take a boat over to Fort Wilderness and eat at the Trail's End Buffet. It's very inexpensive (costs about the same as the fast food!) and tastes great.

Upvote 0

sleepybear

Stayed there for the first time last week and loved it. Everything others have said about it are true. But transportation is its only bad spot. Be sure to plan transportation time because it will take you longer to get to places, even the Magic Kingdom.

Other than, it's a fantastic place. You'll love it.

Upvote 0

Yoop33

I have not personally stayed there but have been through a couple times and have worked out in the gym. They have very nice gym for a resort and the pool is very nice as well. (Very well landscapped) It is right on the water too and not far from the Fort beach as well as having boat rentals at that beach. Lots to do even if you don't go to the parks. ENJOY!!

Upvote 0

siliwishes

Wilderness Lodge is the only resort I have been to twice because we love it! Personally, my favorite part is the pool. It has a current in it that slightly pulls you away and it is very soothing to sit in the waterfall. I love eating breakfast outside near the pool, the lobby is gorgeous and overwhelming, and Artist Point has amazing food. There also was a ton of ducklings there last time we went.

Upvote 0

Did Knee

I've only experienced CB and WL, but I tell you, my wife and I are in LOVE with the WL! I have never experinces someplace that affects me so profoundly in so many ways. The themeing of the architecture, the restaurants (Try Artists Point!), the service, the recreation choices......I could go on. I'm sure the other deluxe resorts are great too, but for us the WL is a slice of heaven!!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Awesome place. Great themed gift shop. The grounds are amazing. Take the launch to Contemporary if you are going to EPCOT. Be sure to check out the geyser that goes off every hour. The animatronic crickets in the evenings on the walkway from the buses to the main hall are really a nice touch.....

Upvote 0

GrimGhost

No one has mentioned the background music (BGM) at WL. While I agree with virtually everything everyone else has posted. I would MOVE to the WL if it were possible!! The music at WL is the BEST! Pioneer spirit, Western film, Native American.

Upvote 0

swimmom

GrimGhost said:
No one has mentioned the background music (BGM) at WL. While I agree with virtually everything everyone else has posted. I would MOVE to the WL if it were possible!! The music at WL is the BEST! Pioneer spirit, Western film, Native American.
After our first stay at WL my daughter had to get a Copeland CD when we got home. Being in the school band she had been exposed to lots of music, but experienceing the music at WL gave her a greater appreciation.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
GrimGhost said:

Soundtrack from Last of the Mohicans.....awesome music.

Upvote 0

Mickey Rules

There is one HUGE negative about WL that no one has mentioned... It can ruin you for any other hotels or resorts. With the exception of the monirail resorts, I have stayed at almost every on property resort and WL is by far my favorite.

In traveling a lot for business and staying at a few really, really nice resorts I have to say that WL has a presence and ambiance that I have never felt any where else. I can't completly explain it, but by reading some of these other posts, it would appear I am not alone.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Mickey Rules said:
There is one HUGE negative about WL that no one has mentioned... It can ruin you for any other hotels or resorts. With the exception of the monirail resorts, I have stayed at almost every on property resort and WL is by far my favorite.

In traveling a lot for business and staying at a few really, really nice resorts I have to say that WL has a presence and ambiance that I have never felt any where else. I can't completly explain it, but by reading some of these other posts, it would appear I am not alone.
This is so very true!!!!

Upvote 0

jcldtrek

Original Poster
thanks

Thanks for all the responses, can't wait to go there now. Gotta wait till June 4th now, but i'll be counting down the days, Again thanks

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom