Wilderness Lodge

SmileySauce

I'm going to the Wilderness Lodge in mid-Feb. 2005. Anyone have any opinions of this resort and things to do/see there? Also, how's the weather in mid-Feb? I usually only go down in March and April. Thanks!

SS

dandaman

My favourite resort in the world. The setting is especially pleasing. The lobby is absolutely fantastic, and Whispering Canyon Cafe is a great place to eat... if you like being the centre of attention. Great if you have kids. Can't place the really special touch about that resort, but it just is.
I think that about covers it.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

IMHO, its the best. There have been many threads done on this subject; do a quick search and I'm sure you will find all of your answers. If not, just PM me & I'll be glad to help. :wave:

The weather is nice that time of year...its cooler, but much warmer than I have at home. :lol:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Don't forget to take some time to explore the resort. I enjoyed the nature trail, and my family had a great time renting a 4 person surrey. We saw deer, snakes, and stopped at the Fort Wilderness petting zoo.

Upvote 0

M:SpilotISTC12

IF you want the best room in the whole resort try to get romm # 6032 because its right next to the elevators and roaring fork. The best part is watching the fireworks from your own balcony. Enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
IF you want the best room in the whole resort try to get romm # 6032 because its right next to the elevators and roaring fork. The best part is watching the fireworks from your own balcony. Enjoy your trip.

:lol: Thats our favorite room too!

Rms 6022-6032 all face the MK. I remember the first time we stayed in RM 6032...we watched the castle change colors for hours. The trees are tall now, but its a favorite just the same. :wave:

Upvote 0

M:SpilotISTC12

tigsmom said:
:lol: Thats our favorite room too!

Rms 6022-6032 all face the MK. I remember the first time we stayed in RM 6032...we watched the castle change colors for hours. The trees are tall now, but its a favorite just the same. :wave:
I went during hurricane Jeanne. It blew most of the tall tree down so we got a better view. :lol:

Upvote 0

Atlaslaw

What floor is 6032 on? A courtyard view is nice too, but I wouldn't mind being able to see the Castle.

As to the original question. Take the boat to Magic Kingdom. It's a nice ride. Don't forget to go see the geyser. Artist Point is my favorite restaurant anywhere. It's a complete contrast to Whispering Canyon. Nice to have the different types of restaurants there. I'd also highly recommend getting up really early before anybody else and just wandering inside the Resort. You can have the place all to yourself and with the background music it's extremely tranquil.

Upvote 0

disgolfer

Trails End is awsome. We just ate there last week. If you have some extra cash, you have to eat at Artist Point. We love WL. I could sit in front of fire at a one of the reading nooks above the lobby for hours.

Have a great trip. I am jealous. :)

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Atlaslaw said:
What floor is 6032 on?

I believe it's on the 6th floor. I think the room number starts with the number of the floor it's on (ie: 4052 would be on the 4th floor).

I'm heading to the Wildy in January. I'm so excited!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

maelstrom said:
I believe it's on the 6th floor. I think the room number starts with the number of the floor it's on (ie: 4052 would be on the 4th floor).

I'm heading to the Wildy in January. I'm so excited!

You're right...6032 is on the 6th floor, Concierge is on the 7th.
For a nice Courtyard View room try 6158; it overlooks the quiet pool & the WL Villas. Look to your left and you can see Fort Wilderness. The only drawback is that its at the far end of the resort & its a walk to the elevators, on the plus side its nice & quiet. We've stayed there our last 2 visits & is my second favorite room.

In the evening you can watch the Electrical Water Parade from the beach or boatdock. You can take the smaller boat to the Contemporary & hit the monorail or take the large boat to the MK and go on from there. If you can try to take the boat ride to the MK at sunset...beautiful & quite romantic especially if you can get a seat out front.

Whispering Canyon Cafe for the all you can eat Skillet Breakfast is a must. Don't overlook Artiste Point (if you can swing it, its a little more $$). My kids live at the Roarin'Forks snack bar...they run breakfast specials and then lunch/dinner specials that are good & quite reasonable.

Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea in front of the big fireplace in the morning or evenings, those rockers are great. I don't know of anyone who hasn't loved the WL.
:wave:

Upvote 0

FatBoy976

To me, the WL is the most beautiful resort on property. Between the WL and Fort Wilderness, you will have plenty to do. I highly recommend Whispering Canyon Cafe. It's my favorite restaurant. If you're a northerner, you can probably swim in the heated pool at that time of year. I wouldn't, but then again I was born and rasied in Florida and anything under 70 degrees scares me. Have fun!

Upvote 0

disneymoc

When you check in, be sure toask about the self guided Hidden Mickey tour. That is alot of fun.

Also make sure you have a meal at the Whispering Canyon (I think that is the name for some reason my mind isn't working right) Grill. It is a lot of fun and great food. Great milkshakes.

Upvote 0

MissM

WL, as everyone else has already stated, is amazing.

As for weather in February, it's one of our colder months in Florida. Last year we went one day that was down right frigid where the temperature didn't peek over a feels-like of 34F during the day! Brrr!

Generally, it won't be that cold. But it is possible that there could be a freak cold day followed by a day 30 degrees hotter. Florida weather is nothing if not erractic.
-m

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom