wilderness lodge tips? anyone.

wiskband

im thinking that i may try wilderness lodge this year. anyone have any suggestions: what to do , where to eat, any hints baout the hotel, pictures? any info is appreiated.
thanks

kennyj29

I'm surprised

I have never, ever heard anything about this wonderful hotel. Every hotel has had problems somewhere or other. Our toilet in Polynesian didn't work right for the 10 days we were there. We had to keep flushing :hammer: but I would be damned if I would say the hotel was horrible because the Polynesian is the best!!! We love it there! Our second favorite hotel is Wilderness Lodge. We love the atmosphere, the restaurants, the transportation and the cast members. Don't get nuts because your lampshade was in bad shape, gee that wouldn't ruin my vacation!!! Just remember, everyone has bad experiences somewhere that was recommended to someone. I've heard it many times. It could just be a week they were short help or something else. Stuff happens!!! I would have gotten upset about the luggage but as long as they found it, that's the main thing. Just remember the next time you go, and if you stayed there, you would probably love it. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

dizneykev

It wasn't so much the lamp shade, as it was the culmination of everything that happened. Because the hotel lost our luggage (and all of our baby supplies), we had to buy extra stuff in the parks. Buying a new shirt for the little one who threw up on his original one, formula, pajamas, etc. We ended up spending about $75 on supplioes because we had packed everything up in our bags to be moved over. (We were told it would be at the new hotel by 1 pm. ). For this expense we were offered nothing. ANother thing to mention if you are traveling with kids to the Wilderness lodge is that the beds are VERY high off the ground. We had a 16 month old with us and ended up fashioning a bed rail out of things in the hotel room to keep him from falling off the bed. The polynesian was much larger rooms and more child friendly. Like I said in previous posts, I am a huge disney fan and would never consider not staying on site. Usually the service is far above what I expect. The bad service at this hotel just seemed to start with the lowest denominator and go all the way up to the top. Remember that all the hotels are individually operated and managed, so just because they are all owned by Disney it doesn't necessarily mean that they will all be the same.

Dizneykev

Upvote 0

CrisKennedy

WL is awesome. We stayed there on our honeymoon. The room was beautiful (wish I had taken a picture). I highly recommend Artist Point was dinner. (Save room for dessert...I forget what I had, but it was chocolate and it was fabulous :slurp: ). We eat most of our breakfasts at Whispering Canyon (Get the all-you-can-eat skillet - you get a little bit of everything ).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom