Wilderness Lodge Or Garden Room At Contemporary?

Chloe's Mom

I have recently booked a woods view room at the Wilderness Lodge for 3 nights in March next year. However I have noticed that for about £100 more I could have booked a Garden Room at The Contemporary. What is a Garden Room ? Do you think that the Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary is the best place to stay? How easy would it be to change my ressie(so far I have just paid £200 deposit)? There will be me,DH DD age 12 and DD age 9 in our party. Thanks very much in advance.:wave:

Buried20KLeague

You're going to get TONS of responses, probably fairly split. :lol:

But here's mine.

If I were staying in the tower at the contemporary, then I would pick that over WL... But seeing as how you're looking into the "wing" of contemporary, I personally would go with WL. The wing isn't nearly as special as staying in the tower with the monorail zipping through, and the concourse, etc... In the tower, you're right in the middle of it all.

WL woods view is still a wonderful view. At WL, you don't get a feeling of a different class of rooms... But you definitely get that feeling at the Contemporary. At least I do. :shrug:

Upvote 0

devoy1701

I don't think the price difference for the Contemporary is worth it. But I might just be saying that because I love the Wilderness Lodge. It's so peaceful and secluded...but at the same time it's right around the corner from everything. You'll definitely enjoy the woods view moreso than looking over some parkinglot at the Contemporary. And you'll love the coziness of the Lodge. IMHO, save your money for a dinner reservation or some extra souveniors!!!

Upvote 0

kennyj29

I've only stayed at the Contemporary Tower once and Wilderness Lodge three times. I love the Wilderness Lodge but I also love the Monorail convenience of the Contemporary. It would be a toss up for me as I love them both. I have heard that the walk to the Garden Wing is quite long after a full day at the parks!

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Don't forget that the Contemporary is undergoing massive rennovations.

Also, you're from the UK, no? Then the Wilderness Lodge will be an totally new experience with sights and sounds that will really be exotic for you. The Contemporary is very modern in it's feel, and honestly, not particularly "special" compared to the other resorts. Plus - everything that i would see you really being interested in at the Contemporary you can visit by hopping on the monorail at the MK, whereas a side-trip to the Wilderness Lodge isn't really easy or quick.

I say take the Wilderness Lodge. If you want an upgrade in view, consider looking into WL's courtyard view rooms. They just overlook the central courtyard and elaborate pool, and thre's certainly nothing wrong with a woods view.

Upvote 0

scole3388

I would stay w/ the WL. We've never stayed at the CR, but have stayed in the villas at WL. You'll have easy access to the MK via the ferry. Artist Point restaurant there is just lovely, a must for us each trip. WL is a world unto itself - very much an escape.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I prefer the WL it is more my style but the pool area is so nice and relaxing. The Contemporary is nice because it is on the Monrail line.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

Although the Contemporary is "Classic" Disney the garden rooms(wings) are not (They were so special they just leveled one wing:hammer: ). If it was a tower room vs. WL then you might have a few dissenting opinions.

But in this case WL wins hands down. You still have direct access to MK with the ferry and it is such a beautful resort. You will feel like you have been transported to another part of the world (and not Florida!)

Upvote 0

wendysmom

I've always felt that the Contemporary was a nice place to visit for dinner, but WL was a fantastic place to stay. To me, the ambience of WL makes up for it not being on the monorail. And you still have easy access to the MK.

Upvote 0

righttrack

WL is the total experience. Beautiful, immersive resort. In a garden, at the Contemporary, you really don't feel part of that resort's mystique.

Upvote 0

Chloe's Mom

Original Poster
Thank you so much everyone. My gut feeling was that the Wilderness Lodge would be the best choice for us, but you never know. As Mousermerf mentioned, with us being from the UK I'm sure we'll have a really interesting time and see loads of things that we don't here in England. Also the peace and quiet appealed to me!! This site is brilliant. Whilst I don't post much I check out the boards almost daily and have picked up some really good advice.:wave: My holiday in March cannot come soon enough:sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Buried20KLeague

Thank you so much everyone. My gut feeling was that the Wilderness Lodge would be the best choice for us, but you never know. As Mousermerf mentioned, with us being from the UK I'm sure we'll have a really interesting time and see loads of things that we don't here in England. Also the peace and quiet appealed to me!! This site is brilliant. Whilst I don't post much I check out the boards almost daily and have picked up some really good advice.:wave: My holiday in March cannot come soon enough:sohappy: :sohappy:

Oh sure. Go by what MERF said. Geez. He's not THAT smart. :mad:

Just kiddin' Merf. :lol:

Upvote 0

wolf359

The only thing I would mention in favor of the Contemporary is the actual size of the room. Of all the deluxe resorts the rooms at the Wilderness Lodge are the smallest, while the Contemporary's rooms some of the largest.

I also like being able to walk to the MK and monorail to EPCOT as opposed to bussing everywhere.

But the "wonder" factor of the WL is pretty hard to beat... :)

Upvote 0

BeanSz

The only thing I would mention in favor of the Contemporary is the actual size of the room. Of all the deluxe resorts the rooms at the Wilderness Lodge are the smallest, while the Contemporary's rooms some of the largest.

I also like being able to walk to the MK and monorail to EPCOT as opposed to bussing everywhere.

But the "wonder" factor of the WL is pretty hard to beat... :)

I have to agree --- I absolutely love the WL but also enjoy the CR. In fact, I enjoy all the Disney hotels for various reasons. The 2 advantages of the CR are the size of the room but better than WL, and the walking convenience to MK and Monorail. Either way, you will not be dissappointed.

Upvote 0

boulderdgrandpa

Wilderness Lodge

Me and my DW, DD, DSL, DGD, DGS stayed in Wilderness Lodge in August. We were also lucky enough to be on the ground floor in the wing next to the boat dock. That location is hard to beat.

If you have not, you may want to reserve a bunk bed room. Also, ask if they will select you as a Flag Family one of they days you are there.

Other places we have stayed are: CR Tower, CR Garden Wing, Ft Wilderness. We would select Wilderness Lodge again.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Having stayed in both I would stick with the WL. I think the appeal of the Contemporary is staying in a tower room and not a garden wing room. Rooms at the Contemporary are larger, but the WL has better atmosphere. We are a family of 4 (2 adults a 19 y/o and a 13/yo) and the rooms at the WL have always been big enough for us. We like the food choices there better also.
We've never had a problem with the bus transportation, the boat to the MK is a nice way to start the day (or even end it) and you can take a launch over to the Contemporary and hit the monorail if you would like to.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom