Wilderness Lodge Location

mpeters

Original Poster
So my family and I are staying at the wilderness lodge for the first time. I have no clue about the resort. We are staying in a standard room view. Where is the most ideal location for this type of room? Such as proximity to the food, pool, transportation etc.

DisneyPrincess5

We stayed here in our honeymoon and had an amazing time. I forget our room number or exactly where our room was but it was a hallways length walk to the elevator, then we were right at Roaring Forks. We had a courtyard view room with a great balcony. Enjoy your stay!

All of the rooms share the same lifts but standard view rooms are at the front as far as I am aware. Because they all share the same lifts it makes getting to the pool and restaurants easier. Although the boat dock is a little bit further away but no more than a 5 minute walk from where the front if the hotel.

HouCuseChickie

We stayed in a standard view room at WL back in 2010. We were over the lobby- on the 5th floor I think...towards the far side of WCC, the view off of our balcony was mainly woods although there was some kind of loading area below that was mainly masked from our angle, and we could see MK fireworks at night. The resort is fairly compact compared to some, so it never really felt like a long walk to or from anything.

slowjoe170

Here is a link to a room number map that someone posted on here a while back. It's not the best quality, but it's legible and shows the room numbers, type of view, and where the stairs and elevators are.
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt291/WDWKOOK/WL 2011/image001.gif
So my family and I are staying at the wilderness lodge for the first time. I have no clue about the resort. We are staying in a standard room view. Where is the most ideal location for this type of room? Such as proximity to the food, pool, transportation etc.

slowjoe170

We've stayed at WL every year around Christmas for about the last 15 years. The 6th floor standard rooms offer a view of the fireworks over the treetops. You can also barely see the monorail, Contemporary, and MK through the trees that time of year while the trees are partially bare. We had the same room the last two years and it was lined up with the smokehouse where they do the Bar-b-que for the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Excellent aromas when you swing the balcony sliding doors open. If you get a room on the fourth floor directly over the restaurant it gets kinda noisy from the craziness in there. This year we're doing a Woods view and requested a room facing the lobby. The big Christmas tree is right outside the room, as well as carol singers and bell-ringers. As you can see from the map on my earlier post, all of the standard rooms are close to the main lobby , the restaurant and roaring forks, which has quick service and snacks. You'll have a short walk to get to the boat dock, but it's a Scenic walk, especially if the Geyser is going off. Have fun!

jlsHouston

Standard view rooms are located in the front area of the lodge. All of those rooms use the same set of elevators so all are equally convenient to dining, pool and bus stop. The boat dock is a little further out but no more than a 5 minute walk.

I have always booked a standard view and asked for a room close to lobby and elevator and always ended up on the hallway right around the corner from the lobby. Very convenient for gift shop, access to pool/lobby and buses. Honestly this is not a big property you can get anywhere in minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom