Wilderness Lodge - How Big a Factor is the Location?

lebeau

I know the Wilderness Lodge is much beloved. And many will tell me that it is definitely worth the money. I am eye balling it for our next trip. But the step up from the Mods is a bit intimidating and I need to sell it to the Mrs.

Money being no factor, she would like to stay on the monorail line for convenience. But since that isn't in the budget, I'm wondering about the WL. I know they have the boats to the MK. Just how convenient is the WL compared to the mods? (Mrs. lebeau is still steaming about the POR bus rides from 2010.)

I don't want to oversell the convenience factor and then have her be disappointed when we get there. But if it is significantly more convenient than the Mods, that would definitely weigh into our decision.

What say you, WL fans?

devoy1701

They should really hire you to promote the place. I'm ready to book my stay!

I saw rates of $139 advertised through the spring. But I think that offer may be booked. Doesn't really help me anyway as I'll be there in the fall. But if I can get $139/night in Nov, that's a no-brainer!

I did call about the teacher discount. My mom's a teacher so if she came and we made the reservation in her name we could take advantage of that. The price that was quoted for 5 of us using the teacher discount was $224/night which is not bad at all. But if I can get that under $200/night for 5 people, that would be hard to pass up.

It does seem like S&D have the potential to be much less expensive than the other deluxes. But if I can get it cheaper than a moderate, that's the end of the discussion.

Excellent feedback, thanks!

Disney should hire me to do a lot of things! lol.

Anyway...that might be something your wifey really enjoys...that calmness of the resort (since she isn't too big on WDW anyway)! Good selling point!

On the topic of Swan and Dolphin...watch for rates on Expedia. We booked on there last summer in July for $130/night for a Jellyrolls weekend. AND...$1 per beer delivered to your room for S&D room service. How great is that price!? :king:

Upvote 0

lebeau

Original Poster
Disney should hire me to do a lot of things! lol.

Anyway...that might be something your wifey really enjoys...that calmness of the resort (since she isn't too big on WDW anyway)! Good selling point!

On the topic of Swan and Dolphin...watch for rates on Expedia. We booked on there last summer in July for $130/night for a Jellyrolls weekend. AND...$1 per beer delivered to your room for S&D room service. How great is that price!? :king:

Pretty amazing, really.

The laid-back atmosphere of the Wilderness Lodge would definitely appeal to Mindy. She's energetic at the start of the first day. And by lunch, she's ready to go back to the room and relax. :eek:

Upvote 0

CamiLyn227

One of my favorite things about the Wilderness Lodge is its seclusion from the rest of the MK resorts. Don't get me wrong, I love staying at all the MK resorts, but the WL never feels as busy. It's a much more relaxing atmosphere and it still feels like a MK resort.
We've never had a problem with transportation from the WL. Boats came and went pretty frequently and the buses were on time for the most part. We found the boats to be less crowded and enjoyed our trips on them.

I agree with you totally! We LOVE Wilderness Lodge and have a hard time deciding to stay someplace else. So, we always end up back there. The first time I stayed there was in 1994. Dont think I have ever had a complaint about the place. Never had an issue with the buses and we love the boat to MK.

Upvote 0

satchamo

I 100% agree with the comments on WL-we have stayed here 3 times and is my favorite by far (Beach Club and Poly being the other two). One thing that stands out besides the other +'s, is the staff. By far the friendliest and nicest staff at any resort. It’s one of the reason it has the highest return rate for any deluxe resort. If your lucky enough, you will get MiMi as your mousekeeper!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom