Wilderness Lodge/Ft Wilderness Permit

Unbanshee

19 addresses doesn't necessarily mean 19 more cabins. There could be a gift shop, bathroom bldg, restaurant etc, built in somewhere to address the distances to the main building.

Did you take a look at the addresses in the permit? Notice anything interesting? Perhaps how many of them increment compared to the existing cabins?

Phicinfan

I am personally of the belief this is the start to link resorts on this side of the bay, similar to how Poly and GF are linked together.

So Cabins or new tower building but it will IMO, include a new "path" or walkway OR transportation loop to Fort Wilderness and eventually Reflections as well. Just gut feeling, but I do think this is a start to link all that.

My gut says - Reflections will be the Fort Wilderness "tower" DVC - taking cost down for cabins that are DVC and then they will link the three together in some form of mode.

again, not inside information here, just reading the tea leaves as I see them

DisneyNittany

I foresee there will come a time when WDW is nothing but DVC

d3c8258d-bc54-426b-9cdb-eb64ba1903c8_text.gif

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
OMG not another DVC it's time to rename WDW----- Bob's Time Share Resort
"Welcome to Disney Time Share Adventure World! With prices starting as low as $39,999.95, we have rooms to fit any budget."

IF they end up converting more regular rooms to DVC, then the following is 1000% true - Hotel occupancy is low, so what's Bob's solution? He turns to page 1 in his playbook - Convert regular rooms to DVC. It worked once in the 2010's for a bit, it'll work again now... won't it?

yensid1967

This is just my opinion- I think Disney relies on AP holders and DVC to keep the parks afloat! TOO MUCH! Soon the entire property will become a HUGE DVC RESORT! (no other guest allowed, you'll have to stay off property)
Yes, I think the wait times and crowds are low because of the prices! No one from the middle class can afford a Disney vacation! And Disney just sitting back and not doing ANYTHING to counteract the opening of Universal Epic Universe is adding to their slow demise!
Makes me sad, but at the same time...es me off!

Just ranting!

BrianLo

This is just my opinion- I think Disney relies on AP holders and DVC to keep the parks afloat! TOO MUCH! Soon the entire property will become a HUGE DVC RESORT! (no other guest allowed, you'll have to stay off property)

No need for hysterics. DVC is 12.5% of WDW hotel rooms...

Maybe it can almost reach 20%, but the natural end point is 2042 when they all start expiring and need to be resold again.

JoeCamel

No need for hysterics. DVC is 12.5% of WDW hotel rooms...

Maybe it can almost reach 20%, but the natural end point is 2042 when they all start expiring and need to be resold again.
So Bob will be 91 and ready to exit so his timeshare empire doesn't collapse on his watch?
Maybe he will come to his senses and leave at 89

sndral

There was a permit filed today by Balfour Beatty, one of Disney's big contractors with an expiration of 3/31/2027. The description is "Site and facility improvements" and there are 18 addresses ranging from 570 W. Wilderness Way to 728 W. Wilderness Way and 910 Timberline Dr. None of these addresses are on the RCID mapping site. The closest is 501 W Wilderness way circled below.
I can‘t find a link to the 7/31/24 permit - but are the addresses the same as the ones filed by Balfour Beatty on 8/27/2019 -
https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20190531352.pdf?parent=DOC2705S41826 which also ranged from 570 - 728 W. Wilderness Way & were thought to be linked to Reflections?

C33Mom

Another arc of cabins. It's like crack to them to build the "exclusive" offerings
Or, hear me out, they’re overwater cabins— finally turning “cabungalows” from insult to reality!

In all seriousness, I think huge cabins (on land) that have a deck extending out over the lake with a plunge pool would be pretty popular. Especially if there was a golf cart path connecting them to wilderness lodge and the fort.

deeevo

I am personally of the belief this is the start to link resorts on this side of the bay, similar to how Poly and GF are linked together.

So Cabins or new tower building but it will IMO, include a new "path" or walkway OR transportation loop to Fort Wilderness and eventually Reflections as well. Just gut feeling, but I do think this is a start to link all that.

My gut says - Reflections will be the Fort Wilderness "tower" DVC - taking cost down for cabins that are DVC and then they will link the three together in some form of mode.

again, not inside information here, just reading the tea leaves as I see them
There used to be a path although not lite but a path. I used to run from WL to FW on it in the mornings. It was so cool because it was out in the woods with nothing around. The Reflections trashed it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I can‘t find a link to the 7/31/24 permit - but are the addresses the same as the ones filed by Balfour Beatty on 8/27/2019 -
https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20190531352.pdf?parent=DOC2705S41826 which also ranged from 570 - 728 W. Wilderness Way & were thought to be linked to Reflections?

Good find! You are correct, the addresses to match up, although the current permit has a few more addresses in the 600 range. I think this is pretty strong evidence the Reflections is coming back in some form.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom