Wilderness Lodge/Ft Wilderness Permit

bpiper

I do find it interesting that there has been no South Florida Water Management District permit for this.
How close is this to the old reflections site? Could some of the old water permits for reflections still be valid and cover this area? Also, do they need a permit from them if they are just tree clearing?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
How close is this to the old reflections site? Could some of the old water permits for reflections still be valid and cover this area? Also, do they need a permit from them if they are just tree clearing?

Since these are new addresses we don't know for sure where it will be, but since one of the addresses is Timberline Dr, it's likely it's closer to Wilderness lodge, pretty far from the reflections are. It would be very unusual to start work on a project before a Water Management permit had been approved.

JoeCamel

Since these are new addresses we don't know for sure where it will be, but since one of the addresses is Timberline Dr, it's likely it's closer to Wilderness lodge, pretty far from the reflections are. It would be very unusual to start work on a project before a Water Management permit had been approved.
Maybe that is part of the long permit period they built in the time to get Water District approvals. Kind of a roll of the dice but they know danlb is watching and they want to do their own announcement not have an internet sleuth spill it to the bloggers......

You know not your power

BrianLo

Curiouser and curiouser.

I said they didn’t need another DVC imminently, but I guess this is being set up more as a future RIV sales replacement than Poly tower. Buying more time for Reflections...

To me this really just indicates another CCV phase, with added cabins and more hotel room conversions now based on the other permit. The cabins didn’t really seem necessary as they already flood the system.

There best be another pool complex or something if they are going to build all the way out there.

Wilderness lodge occupancy must be pretty poor? That’s the real conclusion.

BrianLo

Thinking about it more - Reflections is re-iced. They have no need for more hotel side accommodations. They want less. So they moved adjacent towards a project that can eliminate hotel rooms.

Trim 25% of Wilderness Lodge for DVC this cycle and 25% of Caribbean Beach (Aruba) for the next DVC cycle.

What other resorts have terrible occupancy right now?

JoeCamel

Curiouser and curiouser.

I said they didn’t need another DVC imminently, but I guess this is being set up more as a future RIV sales replacement than Poly tower. Buying more time for Reflections...

To me this really just indicates another CCV phase, with added cabins and more hotel room conversions now based on the other permit. The cabins didn’t really seem necessary as they already flood the system.

There best be another pool complex or something if they are going to build all the way out there.

Another arc of cabins. It's like crack to them to build the "exclusive" offerings

BrianLo

Another arc of cabins. It's like crack to them to build the "exclusive" offerings

Ya, but their actual usage is quite a bit worse than basic studios too. They've twice overbuilt them. They need to dilute them, not add more.

Albeit, I might take it back. The strip of cabins are all Timberline. Assuming another phase of Copper Creek, they can still advertise the cabins, much as the new Poly Tower still pretends it is selling you overwater Bungalows.

This suggests something south of Boulder Ridge rather than on the water as well... hopefully we'll get water management permits soon.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
New “cabins” perhaps? And when they aren’t booked they can store their lawn equipment in them. Win win

1722503228114.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Curiouser and curiouser.

This is probably the most likely scenario.

surfsupdon

Thinking about it more - Reflections is re-iced. They have no need for more hotel side accommodations. They want less. So they moved adjacent towards a project that can eliminate hotel rooms.

Trim 25% of Wilderness Lodge for DVC this cycle and 25% of Caribbean Beach (Aruba) for the next DVC cycle.

What other resorts have terrible occupancy right now?
Have their been rumours that Caribbean was getting shrunk in size again?

Bulldog29

As a lifelong Disney fan, it's incredibly disheartening to witness the decline of this once great corporation. First, the charming and uniquely designed Epcot, including the beloved Fountain of Nations, was replaced by generic, uninspired spaces and a structure reminiscent of a dormitory cafeteria. Second, two cherished and original attractions have been replaced by the cheapest and least imaginative alternatives ever seen – Tiana and Country Bears. Third, the once stunning shoreline and design aesthetic of the Polynesian is on the verge of being permanently marred by the eyesore of Disney's new LaQuinta. Finally, instead of restoring the former splendor at Fort Wilderness by replacing two attractions (River country and Mickey's backyard BBQ), they seem intent on replacing it with a lackluster DVC, devoid of soul and creativity. It's evident that Disney no longer prioritizes the guest experience, but rather is focused on the next money-making endeavor, each seemingly cheaper and less inspired than the last.

LSLS

Poly and Wilderness seem to have been alternating giant construction projects these past years.

Let’s improve pools at value resorts!!! Give guests a simple slide and hot tubs (maybe a gym at each complex to share and also at Mods) to make the amenities match their price point!!! Geesh!
Or, I don't know, a fridge and microwave (I can't believe I'm suggesting that for a hotel room at any price point in 2024).

rle4lunch

19 addresses doesn't necessarily mean 19 more cabins. There could be a gift shop, bathroom bldg, restaurant etc, built in somewhere to address the distances to the main building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom