Wilderness Lodge BGM changed!!

GrimGhost

Original Poster
Was just there (Sunday 6/3/07). I couldn't believe my ears. Its new, most of it sounds like the environmental music heard in the gift shop. I also heard the theme song from "American President" woven in there. I confirmed it with a Front Desk CM, who, when I asked, he said.."Yeah, we know, it happened about three weeks ago, it took us a couple days before we even realized it, since we're so used to it. He went on to say many guests have noticed and they (The CM's) have no idea why its changed!!

durangojim

That is rediculous! I think we should start sending letters to the manager of WL to change the music back. I love the West and wheb I couldn't make it out to Yellowstone or the Tetons I could always find comfort in knowing I'd experience a little wilderness at the lodge, and the music is a big part of that.

GrimGhost

Original Poster
That is rediculous! I think we should start sending letters to the manager of WL to change the music back. I love the West and wheb I couldn't make it out to Yellowstone or the Tetons I could always find comfort in knowing I'd experience a little wilderness at the lodge, and the music is a big part of that.

Agreed...I know I will be sending an e-mail to Guest Services!!

willythelab

I'm calling in Marshall Earp

They better put back in the Tombstone soundtrack if they took it out! Else I'm callin Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer to grow back their mustaches and start shootin! It was so cool to hear that soundtrack mixed in with the rest of the music in the lobby. Is it all changed or just added to and deleted from?

Cinderelly07

It's just a music loop!

I would probably be unhappy if they changed out the adventure land loop, but not all changes are bad ones, I have been to and stayed in the WL and it sounds like the change is fitting to the theming of the resort. I would surely check it out and give it a chance before complaining.

Richie248

I hope the new BGM ends up on mousebits soon so i can compare. I'll save my judgement until I hear it, although the previous loop will be hard to replace!

Pooh88

I loved the old music, especially the Aaron Copland. You really fely like you were in the PAcific Northwest. I wonder why the change?

bgraham34

Bring back the old music I just feel at home with it. But I will wait to hear the new music before I form an opinion.

MaxPower

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooo - catch breath -
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm never one to ask that everything in wdw be
treated like a museum piece, but how can you walk
through the door of the WL without The Big Country
playing in the background? That's just wrong!

CBOMB

I will miss the old back ground music at Wilderness Lodge. The one sure thing about WDW is, things are always going to change. I guess that's the way it really should be.

EpcotServo

BOO!
:mad:

I loved that BGM. It was perfect. Not that I'll be complaining or anything (because I don't stay there) , but why Wilderness Lodge's BGM? Any other hotel would be fine, but why do they mess with my favorite?

ToTBellHop

I don't think Disney will really care about these complaints. We complained when they changed the great IllumiNations preshow music to the current dance music loop, and it still plays nightly.

CBOMB

I don't think Disney will really care about these complaints. We complained when they changed the great IllumiNations preshow music to the current dance music loop, and it still plays nightly.
I agree, but it doesn't hurt to try. If nothing other than to let them know that there are people out there that monitor all their decisions, even the small ones. A friendly letter of complaint is always better than no action at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom