Wilderness Lodge (2 Questions)

Hi,

I have two questions regarding the Wilderness Lodge.

1.) What buildings are the standard rooms?

2.) What category are the rooms that face over the lobby?

Thanks for the help!

copcarguyp71

We stayed there in 2006 the rooms do not actually face the lobby. Your door exits into a walkway that goes around the lobby atrium but the rooms do not look directly out into the lobby atrium. It is especially nice when they have the big Christmas tree and lit pine roping on the railings. We had a garden view and were happy enough with that. You may be thinking of courtyard view rooms which I believe look out into the pool area.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

As the pp noted, they don't actually face the lobby but your room door would open up onto that lobby if you stayed in that part of the hotel. The room we stayed in back in 2010 was in the lobby section and was supposedly a standard room. We had a nice view of Wishes from our balcony at night.

Upvote 0

R W B

I was at WDW a week ago and we went to WL to ask this same question. The lady at the desk told us she wasn't sure but she thought the rooms with the doors facing the lobby was the "courtyard" view rooms because she said the "courtyard" was the lobby. She said herself she wasnt sure and I personally don't think she was right.

Does anyone know 100% what the difference is between "Standard", "Woods", and "Courtyard" views?

Upvote 0

Rob562

Standard View rooms have balconies that look out onto parking lots, service areas or roofs.
Woods View looks out into the wooded areas to the side of the hotel.
Courtyard View looks out into the inner courtyard where the pool and waterfall are.

I'm not totally sure whether the rooms that face the Villas building are Woods or Courtyard.

*Most* of the rooms with doors opening into the lobby are Standard View. They look out onto the parking lot, bus stops and the service parking area on the ground floor behind Whispering Canyon Cafe. But not all Standard view rooms are right off the lobby. There are some rooms just down from the lobby that face south toward the bus stops (front desk side) or the service area (Whispering Canyon side) that are Standard View.

There are a few Courtyard View rooms with doors that open off of the lobby. These are referred to as the "Bear Face" rooms, and they're along the back wall of the lobby, looking straight out toward the lake. Most Courtyard View rooms are in the two wings, and look at the courtyard from the side.

-Rob

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

We stayed in a club level room and although they don't look out into the lobby per say the club level lounge is on the top floor and overlooks the lobby. Great place to have breakfast and wind down in the evening.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Rooms that face the Villas pool are also classified as "Courtyard View", so if you want the lodge pool area (main pool) you need to specify that.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom