Wild Turkey in parking lot

Figgy1

Premium Member
A number of years ago on Osceola Parkway by ESPN Wide World of Sports , traffic was backed up. When my car was inching closer, a 9 foot gator was very slowly crossing the road.

That's actually a male (it has a "beard"). If you really want to see lots of turkeys on property, go to the golf courses across from the Poly..
1614028312244.png

Saw this one on the walk from Poly over that way

unmitigated disaster

When the mono rail was running between Epcot and MK, turkeys along with other wildlife could be seen along the tracks. Best I've seen was an armadillo at Epcot. I was setting on a bench near the busses and it darted between my legs from under the bench. At that point i could have used the Wild turkey (liquid form).
In 2018 we took the monorail from Magic Kingdom to Epcot and spotted a deer as we went along. Most of the people in our car saw it and everybody was reaching for their camera/phone to take a photo.

Goofyernmost

In 2018 we took the monorail from Magic Kingdom to Epcot and spotted a deer as we went along. Most of the people in our car saw it and everybody was reaching for their camera/phone to take a photo.
I find it amazing the amount of wild life here in the Raleigh area. The golf course I go to is right on the very edge of the large population center of Raleigh, Cary, Apex and Morrisville. I mean right on the edge. You cannot tell where the cities end and the wilderness begins. Almost every time I have played there, which over the last 10 years has been more then I can count, I have seen snakes, Canadian Geese (which I'm hoping have their green card expire soon so they can go home, eh), rabbits, raccoons and all kinds of deer. The only thing I ever wanted to see there were birdie's and they have been few and far between. It didn't take them long to figure out the the safest place to be is where the population is, because hunting is not only dangerous but illegal within city limits.

unmitigated disaster

I find it amazing the amount of wild life here in the Raleigh area. The golf course I go to is right on the very edge of the large population center of Raleigh, Cary, Apex and Morrisville. I mean right on the edge. You cannot tell where the cities end and the wilderness begins. Almost every time I have played there, which over the last 10 years has been more then I can count, I have seen snakes, Canadian Geese (which I'm hoping have their green card expire soon so they can go home, eh), rabbits, raccoons and all kinds of deer. The only thing I ever wanted to see there were birdie's and they have been few and far between. It didn't take them long to figure out the the safest place to be is where the population is, because hunting is not only dangerous but illegal within city limits.
Wildlife is all over Tucson. Bobcats have adapted well to us - one hotel I worked at had a mother bobcat give birth every year on the roof of the main building. They just blocked off access, put up signs and let them be. Javelinas, coyotes, owls, skunks, bobcats and raccoons have all been spotted on the property of where I work now. Also Gila monsters, rattlesnakes, California king snakes, tarantulas, hummingbirds and various, lizards.

graphite1326

Around here and up north we called them wild Turkeys but when I was in Florida, and I don't remember exactly who I heard it from, they were called Turkey Vultures. One year when I had rented a Villa near the old China Park, the morning would find the peaks of the roofs would be covered with them. My thought was that the were waiting for trash to be left out so they could have breakfast.
A turkey vulture is a different bird all together. We have both. Neither of which eat garbage. Unless there is raw meat for the Turkey vulture. Pic 1 is a Wild Turkey. Pic 2 is a Turkey Vulture.
1614289804035.png1614289741539.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom