Wifi in the world

Courtman

Original Poster
We are off to WDW in two weeks! We are going to try and blog the trip this time, but my blogging system is a bit flunky at the mo and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to send emails to the blog.

Are there any wifi hotspots around the world? Free ones ideally, if not I gues I'll have to use the hotel wired network. We are staying in Port Orleans Riverside...

WDWGuy

The only hotspots you will find at any Disney Resort Hotel are unfortunately the ones you have to pay for...Both wired in your hotel room via ethernet cable...and wireless....

$9.95 for 24 contiguous hours...

Fun2BFree

It's not really wi-fi, but there's an internet cafe at DisneyQuest that's free with admission. The waits for a computer can be fairly long, but you get 30 minutes on them.

smk

I have never used it but there is wifi at FW, around the Meadows trading post area. Not that it will help you staying at PO. Coronado Springs has a really nice business center and we have gone there to use the computers, can't remember what it cost, we used it for free to send a paper that my daughter had due while we were there vacationing.

dolbyman

funny thing is .. almost all hotels on my this year Ca trip had free wifi .. why not disney hotels .. it's not like it cost a fortune for the hotel:shrug:

JML42691

funny thing is .. almost all hotels on my this year Ca trip had free wifi .. why not disney hotels .. it's not like it cost a fortune for the hotel:shrug:

Mainly because it is just another way for them to make money. If anything, it should be a cheaper price to use the in hotel one.

PeoplemoverTTA

If the rumored Apple Store opens on Disney property, I can just picture all the people sitting outside with their laptops using the free wifi (in my local mall people do this all the time)!

Another reason to hope for an Apple Store in DTD :)

IDreamOfDisney

My daughter plays fast pitch softball for the Brewster Rockets (shameless plug :eek:) and we have traveled from Rochester, NY to Cape Cod, MA. and from Albany NY to Carlile (sp) PA. and never paid for internet access. Does Disney not realize that when most people use the internet it is to tell other people about the wonderful and magical time that they are having? :shrug:

haveyoumetmark

It's becoming more available and mostly free everyday. They'll have to succumb sooner or later. If a network's password protected, try admin or password or 0000. That will usually get you online. ;)

smk

My daughter plays fast pitch softball for the Brewster Rockets (shameless plug :eek:) and we have traveled from Rochester, NY to Cape Cod, MA. and from Albany NY to Carlile (sp) PA. and never paid for internet access. Does Disney not realize that when most people use the internet it is to tell other people about the wonderful and magical time that they are having? :shrug:
My daughter played fast pitch for 5 years (IN maniacs) years ago, she got a full ride to college out of it. Lots of fun and lots of travel!

scpergj

It's becoming more available and mostly free everyday. They'll have to succumb sooner or later. If a network's password protected, try admin or password or 0000. That will usually get you online. ;)

Not on any network I've ever set up...

I use a complex, non-word password, at least 16 characters in length, on every network I've ever set up, including the one at my house. It's crackable, but you'll need a few years to crack it. That said, many times the people setting such a system up are too lazy to set it up right, or lack the proper education or credentials to so it properly.

Kevin

IDreamOfDisney

My daughter played fast pitch for 5 years (IN maniacs) years ago, she got a full ride to college out of it. Lots of fun and lots of travel!

Not to go too far off topic. She will be starting High School next September, any advice or suggestions? :wave:

magicdance

buffalo wild wings close to downtown Disney ( the crossroads I think) has free wifi. I sat there for several hours today and used the net. The didn't seem to mind.( I bought pleanty of food and tipped the waitress well)

dolbyman

( I bought pleanty of food and tipped the waitress well)

thats why :D

but isn't that the reason for free wifi ? guest will stay longer and (most of them) will eat or at least drink more :shrug:

heck even we have a free wifi for our waiting customers (cell phone repair)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
We used a Panera Bread about 5 miles outside Disney.

Yeah... Panera gets a lot of my business when I am traveling... free wifi on top of all the awesome coffee, sammiches, and pastries... yep.. I'm there. :lol::slurp::king:

DisneyJoe

funny thing is .. almost all hotels on my this year Ca trip had free wifi .. why not disney hotels .. it's not like it cost a fortune for the hotel

Disney doesn't want you sitting in the hotel room - they want you in the parks spending money.

If they wanted you to stay in your hotel room, they would offer free wifi and pay per view movies.

darthjohnny

If you find yourself at the Wide World of Sports, you'll be able to get free WiFi.

Also, if you're a Disney Vacation Club Member, free internet is supposed to start up "in the spring."

dolbyman

Disney doesn't want you sitting in the hotel room - they want you in the parks spending money.

mkay .. so free wifi would keep the people in their rooms instead of the park .. :confused:

don't think so ... they just feel better because sending a quick email to your friends ,with some fresh disney holiday pics attached, thats what you do with free wifi :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom