Why was the EPCOT Wand removed?

The Mak

Personaly now it looks dark and gloomy at night without it.....next is the hat at MGM!

It looks dark and gloomy because it's still operating with the wand lighting package. The light provided by the wand is no longer there, so the sphere looks partially illuminated. A new lighting package is only a matter of time now.

CThaddeus

The reason they removed the wand was because it wasnt natural looking...unlike the 10 story big white ball in the middle of Florida. Its been a brutal debate with most loyalist sticking with the original ball over the las vegas style wand. Personaly now it looks dark and gloomy at night without it.....next is the hat at MGM!

Where is there a big, white ball in central Florida? Are we talking about an actual golf course sign or something?

jasondiff

I remember hearing Siemens had nothing to do with the wand's removal. Maybe that was initially, and then they kicked a little more into the budget.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Thanks for the laughs...

Originally posted by Disney_Freak429
It was taken down because they knew if they didn't get it down by the time C25 was there WE would take it down ourselfs.

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Originally posted by SDav10495:
I just envisioned a cult gathering around the wand's base on the eve of its destruction, drinking red Kool-Aid, clasping hands, and convincing themselves that the wand will carry them to outer space when the sun goes down.

:ROFLOL:

Originally posted by ChrisFL
does anyone see the irony here?

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

brkgnews

Jasondiff:

Yeah, I always thought that was more of an "appease the gods" type of thing. :)

Maybe Siemens saw the extra kick as a good investment to cement a "goodwill gesture"

We may never know the true story.

coasterphil

Grumpy-Fan said that he was really glad the wand came down...yet his avatar is of the wand. :)

To be fair, its a picture of the 2000 wand not the EPCOT one. I loved the wand up there for the Millennium Celebration. :lookaroun

Plus, I'm pretty sure that is the stock avatar you can get as a default from the forum.

Captain Hank

To be fair, its a picture of the 2000 wand not the EPCOT one. I loved the wand up there for the Millennium Celebration. :lookaroun

Plus, I'm pretty sure that is the stock avatar you can get as a default from the forum.
True. I also thought the wand was cool back then, especially since my trip during 2000 would be my only chance to see it. Oh how naive I was...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom