Why was the EPCOT Wand removed?

IanDLBZF

Let's call a spade a spade, the reason why the wand was removed was due to the fans of the "old" Epcot wanting that wand to go away. I think people who actually liked SSE before the wand was put up were just getting sick of it anyway, and Disney respected their wishes. Siemens can be involved as well. Slick move, very slick move! While I enjoyed the SSE Wand, I do admit that SSE without the wand looks MUCH better.

Yert3

I liked it when it said 2000. I thought it was a great way to celebrate the millennium. But it should have been taken down after that IMO

Here a pic of me, my mom, and brother back then. Was 6 then, 22 now. How time flies.
IMG_1014.JPG

Goofyernmost

I was there shortly after EPCOT opened, so I would be one of the folks that saw it without. I was also there and saw the 2000 version of it and I didn't like it. The font that they used for the 2000 was wimpy and unattractive. I did, however, like it when Epcot substituted. It was bolder, heavier styled and to me really was not only inviting, but, up until that point, so many people were not associating WDW with Epcot. The Mickey hand and wand made that connection. I really like seeing it, especially at night. The one thing that was unnecessary and awful looking to me were the sparkle stars that were scattered on SSE. I understand the look they were going for, but, it was not necessary and cheapened SSE's look. Without those I was perfectly happy with the wand. When you think about it, two direct connections to Fantasia, proved to be the two least popular additions to the parks. The wand at Epcot and the Hat at DHS.

It does look fine without it, but, I didn't see any problem or lessening of beauty with it. I just saw it as a classical overreaction to change.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

They cheated out on Journey into Imagination, didn't want to drop money on Horizons but they can build a light up wand higher than Spaceship Earth? The budget that was suposed to be used for the ending on Spaceship Earth was probably used to take that stupid wand down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom