Why the mixed reviews for Coronado Springs?

disneymyway

I have a friend who is considering Coronado Springs but is seeing a lot of negative reviews on expedia and other sites. I have noticed myself that people seem to just love it or hate it - more than any other resort.

Why do you think that is? Are there real problems? What has been your experience? I have never stayed there.

wdwfan22

Out of all the moderate resorts Coronado Springs is our favorite. We felt it was the best maintained out of all of them and we have stayed at them all. It is a convention hotel but with that comes extra ammenities. It's just as Disney as the rest of them when it comes to theming. As for the bus system we never stood or waited more than 10 mins for a bus in each of our stays. We have stayed there 4 times (Dec, Aug & Oct trips) We felt the walk to the room was no further than staying at Port Orleans Riverside or Carribean Beach. Rooms and theming well done on the moderate level. The rooms also don't feature the noisy wall air units that Port Orleans & Caribbean use. If I had to stay in a moderate resort this would be my first choice. :wave:

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

Why the mixed reviews for Coronado Springs Resort?

I'd like to thank everyone for their imput on this thread. DH and I are working on planning our 2009 trip (we haven't even done our 08 trip yet) and we're looking for a different resort to stay at. We traditionally stay at PC but we're looking to change, up-grade, as we will be traveling without children in 09. We were thinking about AK but I wasn't really sold on the idea. With your imput, I have taken another look at CS and think that might be just the ticket for us. I know there are times for waiting on the buses and such, which can be heavily impacted by time of year. We generally travel down to WDW in Mid December so it's usually less busy. I think that for a romantic get away for the two of us, sans kids or grandkids, CS is just the place.
We have dining ressies at the Maya Grill for dinner this year, so I think we should spend a bit of time checking out the resort. As we are relying on the buses this year it will give us a good feel for that system before we commit to staying there. Thank you all again!

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

I'd like to thank everyone for their imput on this thread. DH and I are working on planning our 2009 trip (we haven't even done our 08 trip yet) and we're looking for a different resort to stay at. We traditionally stay at PC but we're looking to change, up-grade, as we will be traveling without children in 09. We were thinking about AK but I wasn't really sold on the idea. With your imput, I have taken another look at CS and think that might be just the ticket for us. I know there are times for waiting on the buses and such, which can be heavily impacted by time of year. We generally travel down to WDW in Mid December so it's usually less busy. I think that for a romantic get away for the two of us, sans kids or grandkids, CS is just the place.
We have dining ressies at the Maya Grill for dinner this year, so I think we should spend a bit of time checking out the resort. As we are relying on the buses this year it will give us a good feel for that system before we commit to staying there. Thank you all again!

You are welcome. Be sure to let us know what you think and if you have any questions, don't hestitate to pm me.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

Please check out the Wilderness Lodge. You won't regret it.

Upvote 0

Burning Metal

We just got back this past weekend from a 4 night stay at Coranado Springs Resort and we loved it! It was myself, my wife and my 12 yr old Stepson. This was our first stay there and we'd stay again in a heartbeat! We've kind of resort hopped around and checked out the pools and all at a bunch of different places and in our opinion the main pool here is the best. It's one of the biggest and the slide is great. The resort is big and spread out, there's 4 bus stops onsite and that's why it takes awhile for the bus to let you off and on. We had our car and after using bus transportation once we decided to just use our own vehicle. That is probably the only downfall we saw though and it's the same at any of the big resorts...you end up waiting awhile for a bus and doing alot of sitting and waiting to get off at your stop. The grounds are beautiful! I loved being up early when the sun was coming up and just walking around with very few people around and nice and quiet. The food court was fantastic (we had the dining plan)There was alot of spicy food but also burgers, steaks..stuff like that and for breakfast we had waffles, bacon and eggs etc.
The waitresses were all very nice and brought us our drinks and cleaned the tables after us.
The rooms were decent, not the most spectacular I've ever seen but not bad either. They were clean everyday and well stocked with soap and stuff like that, no problems at all. As far as conferance and business people, we hardly saw any at all. A few here and there but that was it...no big deal. I did think it was kind of strange to not have wi-fi in your room, only near the pool and foodcourt area. You would think as a "business" type place it would be available everywhere. We had our laptop with us and had to go use it by the pool but that was pretty nice anyway so not really a complaint.
Anyway, we're probably going to stay there again next time we stay onsite...

Upvote 0

bhg469

I like CS, but the one thing about it that I don't like is the Peppermill food court since I don't care for spicy food.

The main reason i loved it was because i could get anything there spicy or not. The sit down was great too, very under rated IMO. The quality of the food at all the other moderates couldn't come close. The transportation at CSR was hands down the best of any resort on property and i will stand by those words. I have only had to wait more than 15 minutes for a bus once in the 4 visits to that resort. We stayed at POR and loved it would go there again, CBR and thought it was a fancy value resort.

Upvote 0

MickeyspalJim

This resort is really Beautiful! The problem We had was that it is VERY Large. If Your room is on the other side of the resort, it is a very long walk to the foodcourt, or front desk. The foodcourt is also different from all other courts with the fact that they give You a card when You are seated and You are assigned someone to Your table to bring You drinks. Then You set off to the actual food court area and pick whatever You want, then they stamp Your card with whatever You choose. Then after You are done eating, You leave a tip like a sitdown dinner and pay for Your meal on the way out. This is a slow process, also. They usually only have one cashier, and then the manager will come over to help when the line grows. Which it always seems to do. We stayed at Christmas time and the front lobby really looked great! It is a really great nightime place to walk around with the lighting and the bridge looks great all lit up as well.
I think You will enjoy the resort overall. The pool is also really cool looking. Have fun!

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

The main reason i loved it was because i could get anything there spicy or not. The sit down was great too, very under rated IMO. The quality of the food at all the other moderates couldn't come close. The transportation at CSR was hands down the best of any resort on property and i will stand by those words. I have only had to wait more than 15 minutes for a bus once in the 4 visits to that resort. We stayed at POR and loved it would go there again, CBR and thought it was a fancy value resort.

While I know there was non-spicy food there, it doesn't help that I'm a very picky eater, so what was left to choose from was not much. Been to the sit down for breakfast and was not overly thrilled with it, mainly because it was a buffet. I really don't care too much for buffets overall.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom