Votes: 27 33.3%
  • Rip that sucker out of there!!!!

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Keep it but let us pray for a rehab.

Votes: 46 56.8%

• Total voters

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I think if they do anything to the Jungle Cruise they should shut it down and do some rehab on it. It has been the same every time I go there.

JBloom1029

jungle cruise is a great ride that should stay but needs a rehab. AK hurt it when real animals came so JClooked bad compared to it but its still a classic. A good skipper is good like in JAWS and kong also, Indiana jones would be a good addition to adventureland but somewhere else like behind pirates. One question: In jungle cruise do they still shoot the hippo that comes up cuz the last time i went itdidnt.

Colin

I love the Jungle Cruise, there is always long lines for it, and it is popular, you just need to pick the time to go. The best time to see the cruise is at night.

The best skipper we had was Carlos. Has anyone else had Carlos as the skipper on one of the cruises.

njchris65

Originally posted by SilentRascal
No CM can make the Jungle Cruise worth even a 5 second wait in line. I've had bowel movements that were more enjoyable.

But nobody screams on it, so I thought you'd like it. :lol: heheh

CookieGVB

We had a skipper once whose accent was so thick, nobody could understand the corny jokes she was saying! They definitely need to audition these folks.

Skipper Timekpr

Original Poster
Yeah Carlos is gone, he was a cp and a great one as well. He was a great guy to work with I hope he comes back. Cookie do you remember the skippers name you had, you might be talking about Nori he worked at Tokyo Disneyland and came over here, he's another great CM just his accent is really strong. It could have also been Al another excellent skipper but his accent isn't too strong, he actually says at the end of his spiel, "On behalf of myself and my accent, we thank you for riding with us on the C." And Silent I'm sorry you seem to hate the ride so much, you sound like my friend who works at Jaws. He annoys me about how they still have their guns and I say "Hey at least we still control the speed of our boats."

tinkrbel

I love the JC .. the "back side of water" is a personal "inside" joke between me and a close friend. so i voted to keep it with rehab. Never had a bad skipper ..but you know we were watching our video's from 2000 the other day ..and we got into a discussion about if the skipper is actually steering the boat or not.

Tramp

Originally posted by tinkrbel
I love the JC .. the "back side of water" is a personal "inside" joke between me and a close friend. so i voted to keep it with rehab. Never had a bad skipper ..but you know we were watching our video's from 2000 the other day ..and we got into a discussion about if the skipper is actually steering the boat or not.

LOL....I think you can rest assured that the boat is in a track....can you imagine if it wasn't?........but the CM controls the forward/backward motion of the craft...

I like the Jungle Cruise a lot....and would like to see some high tech rehab employed but not to the extent it would change the basic theme...

...sometimes I think we forget that one of the reason why attractions look outdated or tired is cuz we've seen them so often....but there are other generations yet to be born who will see Jungle Cruise for the first time and experience that SAME feeling as when we first saw it...

tinkrbel

Originally posted by Tramp

...sometimes I think we forget that one of the reason why attractions look outdated or tired is cuz we've seen them so often....but there are other generations yet to be born who will see Jungle Cruise for the first time and experience that SAME feeling as when we first saw it...

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah thats a really good point .. and thanks for the helping my DH win the discussion .. he said it was on a track .. I said it wasnt lol ok so he gets to be right once in awhile :)

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Tramp

sometimes I think we forget that one of the reason why attractions look outdated or tired is cuz we've seen them so often....but there are other generations yet to be born who will see Jungle Cruise for the first time and experience that SAME feeling as when we first saw it...

AMEN, Brother Tramp!!:sohappy:

Lance

I'm always for ripping out attractions and putting something New and Wonderful in, but I love the Jungle Cruise. I don't need a skipper or anything, just take me around on the boat and I'm happy. It's very relaxing and I love just riding and seeing the animatronic animals. I don't think they'll ever take it out, like someone has said already, it always has LONG lines so why take something out that takes lines away from other attractions.

Pioneer Hall

I used to think the Jugle Cruise was a waste of time, and really could have cared less whether it stayed or went. Then one night on the Late Night Disney Channel I was watching a progress report from DL construction. Walt himself guided you through the ride, and explained the purpose of it and why he anted it. It was great, and ever since seeing that I have looked at the JC in an entire different way.

Skipper Timekpr

Original Poster
Yeah our boats are on a trough underneath the boats. Next time you're at load look into the water and you may see a big black "snake" as we say it's actually a 6 feet deep trough. Also it is great when kids get off who have never been on it and go that was soo cool!!!!!!! let's go agian!!!

Wishingtree

Jungle Cruise should be kept. It should be updated occasionally. Some of the animatronics do show age and could be replaced by newer, state of the art creations(especially the ones you are closer to). An updating or addition of different scenes, especially more animation in the temple, would be good too.

As for the skippers, they definately can make or break a ride. This is probably the most CM dependent ride at WDW, as far as enjoyment goes. During our last trip in December, I insisted on going on it during the Very Merry Christmas Party. It was a full moon and the skipper mentioned that he had just taken an empty boat around with the lights out and how cool it looked. This was one of the best cruises I've been on.

Two nights later, I brought my 2 kids back to ride it.(they were on Aladdin's carpets with Grandmom the other night). When we got to the dock the ride was having problems. We sat and talked to Katie, the skipper for a few minutes while they checked the problem. When it was fixed they were going to send Katies boat around to make sure, but we talked her into coming on the next boat. Since other people didn't want to wait, we were the only ones on the ride. Both kids got a chance to "drive the boat" and we spent the trip chatting with Katie and comparing jokes(I knew most of the usual ones but she told a few new to me).

Skipper Timekpr, I don't know if she is still there, as she was CP, but if she is thank her for me and tell her my kids still talk about steering the boats. She is a CM that makes a ride like this great.

Jim

WDWManic

But you cant get ride of it!

I think they should definatly remodel thsi ride or do something with the Jungle Cruise, but its one of the original rides of the Magic Kingdom! If they get rid of that then what would they put there anyways.
If they should take down anything they should take down the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse that thing is a boring as heck. They should put a nice roller coaster or something in the place of that Treehouse.

Well thats my opinion,
WDWManic

Tom Morrow

Re: But you cant get ride of it!

Originally posted by WDWManic
I think they should definatly remodel thsi ride or do something with the Jungle Cruise, but its one of the original rides of the Magic Kingdom! If they get rid of that then what would they put there anyways.
If they should take down anything they should take down the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse that thing is a boring as heck. They should put a nice roller coaster or something in the place of that Treehouse.

Well thats my opinion,
WDWManic

Well, no rollercoaster could fit in the treehouse's footprint, and rollercoasters do not belong in the MK unless they are well themed.

chelly913

:)

The Jungle Cruise is one of the first rides that pops into my head when I think of the MK. I think they should keep it, but update it a little bit. The last time we went it was down for rehab. Hope it is open in September when we go next.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom