Why the hate for TSMM?

wdwfan4ver

I love TSMM despite having the WII version at home, but it is a ride that I wouldn't wait 90 min to 2 hours for in line for. It is an attraction that you need to get a fastpass in the first 20 to 30 minutes after the park opens if you want to get on for a decent return time. That attraction by ten in the morning is insane for return times for fastpass and waits without fastpass.TSMM is the first attraction that I get to once I get to DHS in the morning like I do for Soarin in EPCOT. What I do is get a fastpass and I also try to get in TSMM in without a fastpass depending on the wait in line.

I think it is more than the game WII console has that makes people dislike the attraction. The waiting times is one of the major issues for the dislike. I have said it before on the forums and I would say it again that part of the line issue is on DHS not having enough family friendly attractions. Not everyone can do Star Tours: The adventure continues, TOT, and Rock 'N" Rollercoaster. TSMM itself is a low capacity ride.

luv

First, I don't hate it. I just don't love it. It's okay.

We already had two attractions in Florida where you could ride around and shoot at stuff. We didn't need a third. And this one isn't close to as good as MIB.

I am tired of screens. I have screens at home and more screens at work than I should. I don't want screens on vacation and I REALLY don't want to look at them at Disney.

It has a good queue, but is a so-so ride.

The line is long.

acishere

I would like it more if the line wasn't hours long. I can ride Buzz 10 times in the amount of time it took to get through that queue. Same movie franchise, both are shooters, Buzz is way more immersive, and I usually wait at most 10 minutes for it.

secondstartotheright

I like TSMM, but I feel they could've done so much more with it. I think Toy Story has much more potential as a dark ride or, at least, something other than a video screen shooter.

copcarguyp71

Well...I would not say HATE but not exactly on our "A" list either

-Every time we ride it or want to it is broken down or glitchy

-Ridiculous wait time for a non-Eticket (this goes back to mechanical issues as well)

-Although the queue is themed well for the movies I do not feel like the actual ride has a whole lot do do with the movies, speaking strictly for continuity.

Jo DeVil

May be you guy's are right that long long queue is actually you guys forming a line to complain!!!!! We like it, if we all liked the same things just imaging how long the lines would be..........well just like TSMM!!!!!
TTFN Jo

bethymouse

The ride is fun! It's one of the only of course @ DHS, so that's why the lines are so long!:( We skip it sometimes. But, this year we waited 65 minutes. To me, it isn't worth that wait, but my boys love it! BTW, my one boy was scared to death at 1st of the 4-D effects.:eek:

EOD K9

In DCA TSMM doesn't have a FP. The times I have been out there the lines hover around 45 to 55 minutes. Do you guys think that if the lines were that short, the ride would be better liked? The time in line seemed worth it for entertainment value. Any thoughts?

erasure fan1

While I do think its a fun ride, it's not nearly worth the wait. I feel the reason it stays so crowded is not because its a great ride, its there isn't a whole heck of a lot to do at the studios as a family that the small and big kids can all do together. I really don't hate the ride, it just feels so below Disney standards for so many reasons. It really feels like they took the easy way out on this one, it could have been something spectacular but instead its a video game in a moving chair.

Minnie1976

My family and I like TSMM. Evidently, a lot of other people do also. There is always a line to get on the attraction, and a line to just obtain a fast pass.

Tom Morrow

It seems all the major reasons have been posted. Its fun but isn't all that impressive, the game screens don't even look very good, of all the things they could do with Toy Story, they chose to do ANOTHER shooting ride based on it, and the low, low capacity, high demand, and Fastpass means absurdly long wait times.

As an attraction it works much better at DCA, where it fits thematically, does not have Fastpass, and the park has enough other things to do so it is not in high demand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom