Why the DHS hate?

J03Y

I would say that DHS has an equal amount of "teen" rides as the other parks. Heck, I would even say the top four rides in the park are teen friendly - ToT, RRC, TSMM and Star Tours are all as thrilling and/or fun for teens as anything at the Magic Kingdom and more so than anything at AK or Epcot. That's why I think they would be better served to put in something that is family-centric - a family style coaster or dark ride or something. At the present time I really don't think they need another thrill ride - maybe in the future because I am all for them keeping that park more thrilling than the others.

that's what Pixar Place and Animation Courtyard should be for, all the family and kid rides and shows. have Sunset Boulevard, Streets of America and maybe a land centered on Sci-Fi movies contain either thrills or rides with themes geared towards teenagers. MGM should be the place that teens want to go to for all the cool rides, they don't even need to be thrills.

that seems best to me in order to make it a better park as far attractions go.

Stellajack

Premium Member
It all boils down to 'expectations' each person has for his/her family. I actually love Studios; and, yes there are changes that can be made in this park and the other 3 as well. I have observed that the Sunset Blvd area seems to be the gathering place for all the teens, and you are hard pressed to find them in these numbers in other areas of this park. But, is that the only age group that Studios should focus on?

I happen to enjoy the entire park--for the ambience, rides, shows, and the tribute to the Golden Age of Hollywood. I cannot possibly explain to anyone the nostalgia I feel for a time and place in which I have NEVER LIVED? So, for me, Disney met my expectations. I don't like the American Idol Experience, not even one little bit, but I do not expect Disney to revamp, rework or redo that 'upstart' of an attraction because it doesn't work for me or my family.:D

Disney Studios is an all day experience for us, even when younger children are with us. We take our time in this park, enjoying the atmosphere, ALL the children greeting the characters; we find time between attractions for rest and refreshments, and make plans for how we will return for evening EMHs to have some 'do-overs'. I look forward to future additions or changes (ie., Star Tours), but also enjoy this park as is. This is my opinion and it is not necessarily "humble".

doctornick

So, DHS is by far my least favorite park of the four. And the reasons being stuff that's already been covered in plenty of detail here: a lack of coherent theming (both in individual lands and on a grand scheme), poor and confusing park layout and a park premise that has been progressively ignored.

The top rides are excellent, as good as any Disney park, really. And I think Fantasmic! is great (not a sentiment carried by many around here, but nevertheless). They have the foundation for a very strong park, what they need is some added "magic" and organization. And, honestly, I'm firmly in the camp that when it comes to rides they need more family friendly one (not more thrill rides) so that it can be enjoyed by a wider variety of people. I say this as a parent of two young children who love TSM and Disney Junior, but otherwise are pretty much bored with the park. And also having a father who loves Disney but hates thrill ride -- he enjoys the ToT queue, but doesn't ride, would never go on RnR, tolerates Star Tours on a good day just because he likes the movies; he basically doesn't care if he ever misses DHS on a trip.

I'd love to see a Pixar expansion replacing the Backlot Tour. I actually don't mind keeping LMA (which is the far better of the two stunt shows) if they can keep it within Streets of America -- I'd like to see the Indiana Jones show replaced by a higher thrill ride (like the Anaheim or Tokyo rides). In terms of Pixar, I don't care if they come up with original rides or not, I'd rather have copies of the ones from other parks than nothing at all -- pick one of the Carsland rides (I'd be fine with Mater's just as much as RSR), Crush's Coaster, the new Rataouille ride, Flik's Flyers, Slinky Dog Spin, whatever -- add in the Monster's door coaster and that would be great.

ZaneB

Original Poster
Has anyone ever played the game Kinect Rush? It's a Pixar game on Xbox. If you have you know the home area called "Pixar Park". I think this is ideal for what pixar needs in DHS, but instead of portals to levels, attractions! Search Updike gameplay on YouTube and check it out

J03Y

It all boils down to 'expectations' each person has for his/her family. I actually love Studios; and, yes there are changes that can be made in this park and the other 3 as well. I have observed that the Sunset Blvd area seems to be the gathering place for all the teens, and you are hard pressed to find them in these numbers in other areas of this park. But, is that the only age group that Studios should focus on?

I happen to enjoy the entire park--for the ambience, rides, shows, and the tribute to the Golden Age of Hollywood. I cannot possibly explain to anyone the nostalgia I feel for a time and place in which I have NEVER LIVED? So, for me, Disney met my expectations. I don't like the American Idol Experience, not even one little bit, but I do not expect Disney to revamp, rework or redo that 'upstart' of an attraction because it doesn't work for me or my family.:D

Disney Studios is an all day experience for us, even when younger children are with us. We take our time in this park, enjoying the atmosphere, ALL the children greeting the characters; we find time between attractions for rest and refreshments, and make plans for how we will return for evening EMHs to have some 'do-overs'. I look forward to future additions or changes (ie., Star Tours), but also enjoy this park as is. This is my opinion and it is not necessarily "humble".

well, no one ever said it should cater to only one age group, Disney's always had this amazing ability of having things for all ages in their parks, while also making the park seem more attractive to a certain age group at the same time.

like i've said over and over again: the Studios should seem more attractive to teenagers and people in their early/mid 20s. but of course, keep and add some more things for the children to do and ride like expand on Pixar Place and make Disney Junior a major highlight in the Animation Courtyard, maybe even spill out some cutesy rides in Streets of America. in fact i actually want them to do all that stuff. a sort of half-and-half of both young adult-centric and kid-centric.

The Empress Lilly

I happen to enjoy the entire park--for the ambience, rides, shows, and the tribute to the Golden Age of Hollywood. I cannot possibly explain to anyone the nostalgia I feel for a time and place in which I have NEVER LIVED? So, for me, Disney met my expectations.
Cheers for that! I know exactly what you mean. I have an instinctive, intuitive love for the Studios. Had it from day one, and still have it to this day. For all the faults the park has - and there are many - the park just works. Works wonders at that. I always like it there.

The front area of the park is one of the best placemaking efforts of any Disney park. Echo Lake, Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards are fantastic, I feel sucked into a world, into a time and place in which I not only never lived, but 'which never existed at all. Yet always will be'. Never has a park's theme and sense of place been better described that in that phrase.
(All that's missing from this area is a functioning hub. For God's sake, get rid of that imbecile hat already.)

On top of that, several of my favourite rides and shows are in the Studios. I really love ST, ToT, RnRC, Mermaid.

By default, I love the Studios. The theme, the placemaking, the music, the architecture. I really like it there.

chrissyw14

look what I saw today on the Return to Disney facebook page

582211_254455717999896_698790778_n.jpg

bella1620

its complicated with DHS.. im 20 years old and have been to WDW over 30 times. and growing up DHS was one of my favorites but as im growing older im starting to see how boring it gets. Im starting to realize that i spend atleast 4 hours of my day in that little corner with Tower of Terror and RR. i dont even bother with toy story mania because the wait is just outrageous. these lines are so long because theres no balance, they are the only rides worth riding there. they need more action for DHS being there "action" park. dont get me wrong, the shows are wonderful (even though i havent seen one of them since i was 6 years old!) but, you cant see these shows more then once. i do agree though, pixarland would be genius, even carsland. its a shame they cant bring marvel into wdw because i feel DHS would be the perfect place for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom