Why skip Epcot?

epcotisbest

Some friends went to Epcot once and they left before noon. Said they had seen it all. Some folks just don't get it. I guess they were expecting lots of rollercoasters. As for my wife and me, we sorta like Epcot.
Ricky

Since1976

In my own 13-year-old mind (ca. 1990), my realizing that I actually liked EPCOT Center (as it was called) was an acceptance of my becoming an adult.

Leaving WDW on that trip, I found myself thinking about that park more than the others. So many things stuck out in my mind: the sleek architecture and serene "lakes" of Future World; the music of Communicore; the imagination inspired by JII and Horizons; the attention to detail of the World Showcase pavillions. All of these great aspects of Epcot congealed in my mind at once, making me fully appreciate my earlier experiences at the park as a young kid.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
hcswingfield said:
What! And miss out on all that good FOOD!?!
as a kid, young adult, now adult im the most picky eater there is, so i dont benefit to much from all the food........ but i hear that the food is great. ill just drink all the adult beverages while you eat :lol:

connor said:
Peope skip Epcot?

Well, their loss, my gain.(as in less crowds)
yeh, i wish everybody skipped EPCOT. well, not everybody. my friends would all be there, and anybody from the forum, as long as you are nice.

CThaddeus

If only Future World had a time machine that could take you back before they started messing with the Park...Horizons, World of Motion, Journey Into Imagination (the real one), Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks!, Cranium Command, The Making of Me. There used to be so much more kid-friendly stuff to do there. Not that there isn't now, but Test Track, Soarin', and Mission: Space exclude many visitors because of height restrictions and/or easily upset stomachs. At least there's still Spaceship Earth...

DragonJay

I really can't see skipping Epcot...even with kids. I've always enjoyed it, right from opening (age 12) to now. As for kids, my daughter's favourite ride in all of WDW is Test Track, and has been since she was 3. Future World has always been exciting for her...any ride is fun for a kid that age, and with the new Nemo additions at LS, it should get even better.

If it's rollercoasters people want, there's IOA down the street. But the most intense experience in all of Orlando can only be found at Epcot.

It starts in World Showcase with a round of Beers of the World, which was always fun in it's own right. A Test Track night-cap afterwards was good, but now, the coup de grace after BOTW is Mission : Space. I can't think of much else that would top that for potential spew factor.

Aurora_25

My DH would be furious with us if we skipped Epcot :) It's his favorite. My daughter (who was 5 the last time we took her) loved Epcot- especially the World Showcase- she looked forward to each kidcot station because she got to make a mask at one of them and then got stamps and a paper "symbol" of each Country- she still has that Mask and tells people all about the places she visited. To me, it's totally worth going.

disneylands

Account Suspended
Juliana said:
I'd have to say AK.

agreed, but only because there is like nothing to do, I come into the park at about 10:00 and I have done everything by 2:00 it is my least favorite however I love it anyway because its disney!

Wilt Dasney

I like the ambience of AK more than the Studios park. The attractions may be sparse, but it's a great place to walk around and soak in. I don't enjoy exploring the Studios nearly as much.

Epcot82Guy

This whole concept always amazes me. As a kid, EPCOT Center was my favorite park by far. It was the reason I went into biology originally, and the songs were some of my favorite songs growing up. I, too, hated World Showcase, so it was pretty much FW that did it for me. However, as they have changed FW and I have gotten older, I have a brand new appreciation for WS. I really feel that Epcot was the park you could grow up with. As you get older, you get a new appreciation for things and concepts. That is missing, IMHO, in some newer parks and attractions (and, in fact, is disappearing in the MK). EPCOT really is WDW to me.

JEDIsney

I can't imagine skipping Epcot. Most of my memories are from Epcot. I love the music, the atmosphere, and even the smell. The feeling of being there is so amazing and wonderful, I can barely describe it. I can't be at WDW and not go to Epcot. It's just not possible.

And I don't understand why people would want to skip Epcot in the first place. Even if it was your first time, there are so many things to do and see! And it's not like people don't know what to do there or where to go. Oh well, as everyone else has said, less crowds for us.

DisneyFreak529

I agree in skipping AK, it's not that I don't like animals, I love animals! I think it's easy to spend a morning at AK and that is it. Once noon comes you should be gone! It's not that much stuff.

MKCustodial

Wilt Dasney said:
I like the ambience of AK more than the Studios park. The attractions may be sparse, but it's a great place to walk around and soak in. I don't enjoy exploring the Studios nearly as much.

I'm the opposite. I'm totally into movies, so the Studios was my favorite WDW park (untill becoming a Custodial led me to MK). As for Ak, it's not that I don't like it, and I do agree that there's a lot to do, and a great atmosphere. But we have animals-in-open-space attractions down here, so it's not like it's anything new for me. And I don't see a lot of repeat value in them, so...

bgraham34

I dont have kids but I can see how they might not like it. But as an adult I can drink all day and have a blast doing so.

Mystic

If I had to skip a park it would be the Studios. By far my least favourite park. I love AK and we're never done by lunchtime, we've only just begun! Plus AK has, what I consider to be one of, if not the best current daytime parade, Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom