Why should we stay on property?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Gotcha I see... I thought you meant within the Disney park, you meant from the airport.
No @HarperRose meant within the Disney parks. Swan and Dolphin no longer use Disney buses from resort to parks and the bus stations for S&D are no longer included with Disney resort bus stops.
In the case of MK, the S&D bus only goes as far as the TTC and you need to take the monorail or ferry to reach MK.

LovePop

Hi everyone.
I have been going to WDW since 1987 and have stayed on property since 2003. My wife loves staying on property.
We do not do anything at the resorts other than basically sleep and shower.
Last years trip was obviously canceled and rescheduled to June 2021.
I have changed our resort 4 times( ASM, POFQ, CBR, and back to ASM)
Lately, I have been asking myself, ”Why should we stay on property.”
It’s $1000 more for our 10 day stay.
No EMH.
No fast passes.
Parking fees at resort.
When I asked my wife why we should stay at ASM, the only other perk she could come up with was the bus transportation to the parks.
Frankly, I prefer driving my truck to the parks. Most of the time we get there quicker than the buses(MK being the exception) and it’s way more comfortable.
So, why should we stay on property?
My idea is to stay at a Flamingo Crossing Hotel.
If you have to ask, the answer is simply try it once. You might prefer the offsite. If you don't like it, just don't do it next time, no big loss. If you do prefer it, you will be saving $1000 not just this trip, but every other trip from now on, so many thousands.

Weather_Lady

If you have to ask, the answer is simply try it once. You might prefer the offsite. If you don't like it, just don't do it next time, no big loss. If you do prefer it, you will be saving $1000 not just this trip, but every other trip from now on, so many thousands.
Agreed - and there's no better time to try an offsite stay. With no FP and no early park hours yet, staying offsite won't hurt you one iota from a touring perspective.

In fact, you'll be better off than those staying on property and relying on Disney transportation. It's my understanding that due to reduced onsite transportation schedules, guests departing on the very first bus/monorail/boat/gondola of the day from their resort can't even be assured of arriving at their park of choice by rope drop.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Airbnb is almost always the best bang for your buck. Especially for bigger groups.
Amen! Just priced out a gorgeous 7-bedroom home with private theater, game room, heated pool and hot tub, 4 miles from WDW (Emerald Island resort, I believe): $180 per night on Airbnb in August, and it's one of dozens of comparable homes that are available for similar prices. It's kind of incredible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom