Why no new 40th parade for WDW?

stevemorriswdw

I would like to see Spectro back for the 40th anniversary. Maybe that would be the parade:shrug: but who knows. I agree that RoE needs to be updated and so does Fantasmic. I don't think WDW is going to see WoC anytime soon. The show is too big and there's no room for it except in Epcot but WoC doesn't go with Epcot's theme.

mm52200

Technically WDW is getting a new parade as a new parade will begin next month at the Studios. A cast member I was talking to last week hinted that Spectro isn't coming back to WDW anytime soon and the current MK daytime parade has been cut yet again due to budget constraints - perhaps they are saving their pennies so they can afford a new parade for the 40th but what people forget is tourist numbers are low and Disney are spending a ton of cash on the current upgrades at WDW so as nice as a new parade and castle forecourt show would be, lets be grateful for the changes we are getting i.e. Star Tours II & new parade at HS and Fantasyland expansion at MK. Another cast member I was talking to at HS said she had heard they were auditioning for performers for a new parade based on the Fairies recently but she couldn't say whether it was for a new float or a new parade...

People still don't seem to get this but the "new parade" at DHS is barely new, it's just one big budget cut. It will feature the same floats from Block Party Bash, have a new soundtrack, and that's about it. All they are doing is cutting the amazing acrobrats, the live Green Army Men, getting rid of the showstops, and calling it a new parade. It's really sad that of all the parades Disney is getting rid of they get rid of this one. So the Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun (what a name...) is just one big cutback and they continue to make cutbacks on CADCT, one would think they now have plenty of money for a new parade, but we probably won't get one.

yeti

A) It's been 7 years. Wishes premiered in 2003.
B) Aren't most toddlers prepubescent?
C) I agree, updates are always welcome. On the other hand, Fantasmic! is 12 years old and IllumiNations is 11 years old...update them!

A) It appears you're right. I just assumed it premiered in '05 when they promoted it as a "new addition" for the Happiest Celebration on Earth. Should have known better. :rolleyes:
B) It does seem that way, doesn't it?
C) Why not?

MaryJaneP

People still don't seem to get this but the "new parade" at DHS is barely new, it's just one big budget cut. It will feature the same floats from Block Party Bash, have a new soundtrack, and that's about it. All they are doing is cutting the amazing acrobrats, the live Green Army Men, getting rid of the showstops, and calling it a new parade. It's really sad that of all the parades Disney is getting rid of they get rid of this one. So the Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun (what a name...) is just one big cutback and they continue to make cutbacks on CADCT, one would think they now have plenty of money for a new parade, but we probably won't get one.

Agreed. Budget cuts killing parades. OP was about no new MK parade. Stuck with MSEP instead. Your comment about DHS just highlights the problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom