Why no new 40th parade for WDW?

yeti

Nope, have you ever read that poster's comments? Nearly every one involves mind-numbing insults about MSEP...even when the thread has nothing to do with that topic.

She holds a sincere presumption, and won't stop heralding it as long as her voice is heard...or the powers that be have her silenced. ;) Trolling? I wouldn't say so. But that doesn't justify how irritating it gets...

I know its your own opinion and I'm not bashing you for it at all, but I'm just wondering--why? I personally think Wishes is incredible!!

It is. But change is always welcome, right? It has been five years..

(And I could do without the title song. Prepubescent toddlers auto-tuned to the point that they sound like the Grady Twins is not the kind of thing I wish for. Those wishing kids get to me.)

ToTBellHop

yeti;4387402It is. But change is always welcome said:
five[/I] years..

(And I could do without the title song. Prepubescent toddlers auto-tuned to the point that they sound like the Grady Twins is not the kind of thing I wish for. Those wishing kids get to me.)

A) It's been 7 years. Wishes premiered in 2003.
B) Aren't most toddlers prepubescent?
C) I agree, updates are always welcome. On the other hand, Fantasmic! is 12 years old and IllumiNations is 11 years old...update them!

dxwwf3

C) I agree, updates are always welcome. On the other hand, Fantasmic! is 12 years old and IllumiNations is 11 years old...update them!

Absolutely! I would love to see Fantasmic updated a bit with some World of Color-ish fountain segments. Obviously not on the same scale, but with similar technology. And of course we could use a more reliable copy of the DL dragon too :)

And as far as RoE goes, an update/replacement is about at the top of my WDW wish list. I rarely take the time to see RoE anymore. It's time for something new, IMO.

puntagordabob

They did get a new parade for 40th, MSEP. Oh... wait. That is a tired old lame parade. Happy 40th.

MSEP is an awesome parade.... sorry that you apparently do not enjoy it..... but a mass majority of us do.....

It would seem more likely that a 40th parade would be a daytime parade....could be wrong...but IMHO it seems easier to implement and change later for post-40.

Bravo 229

You've got to remember, they are still in Holiday mode, so maybe once they return to normal operation in a few weeks we will see something happen. Look at Block Party Bash, they announced the new parade only three months before it was to premiere. I wouldn't be surprised if they started the parade on October 1st and had a huge celebration kickoff party that day. Just give it time, its a theme park and things can't happen over night!

Lee

Adventurer
Eh...the 40th isn't that big of a milestone.
No reason to make a big deal out of it.

After all, even Disneyland didn't get anything good for their 40th.

Oh....wait...:rolleyes:

ijaposter.gif

the-reason14

I know its your own opinion and I'm not bashing you for it at all, but I'm just wondering--why? I personally think Wishes is incredible!!

Wishes was incredible the first few years I saw it, but after seeing the DL show magical it just looks less spectacular to say the least. I like the soundtrack and everything, and I very much doubt they could implement DL's tinkerbell flight, but I think a new show would be a welcomed change. Like someone else said, it's been 7 years. I know WDW can get away with that since it's mainly out of state/country visitors, but still a new night time spectacular would be well spectacular imo.

imagineer boy

Absolutely! I would love to see Fantasmic updated a bit with some World of Color-ish fountain segments. Obviously not on the same scale, but with similar technology. And of course we could use a more reliable copy of the DL dragon too :)

And as far as RoE goes, an update/replacement is about at the top of my WDW wish list. I rarely take the time to see RoE anymore. It's time for something new, IMO.

The only thing I want to see changed at ROE is some updated effects and some WoC-esque fountains (or BraviSEAmo-esque fountains and save the WoC fountains for Fantasmic) for the middle segment. I'd prefer to keep much of the original show the same, its a magnificent piece of art IMHO.

spacebaby

Technically WDW is getting a new parade as a new parade will begin next month at the Studios. A cast member I was talking to last week hinted that Spectro isn't coming back to WDW anytime soon and the current MK daytime parade has been cut yet again due to budget constraints - perhaps they are saving their pennies so they can afford a new parade for the 40th but what people forget is tourist numbers are low and Disney are spending a ton of cash on the current upgrades at WDW so as nice as a new parade and castle forecourt show would be, lets be grateful for the changes we are getting i.e. Star Tours II & new parade at HS and Fantasyland expansion at MK. Another cast member I was talking to at HS said she had heard they were auditioning for performers for a new parade based on the Fairies recently but she couldn't say whether it was for a new float or a new parade...

TP2000

Wishes was incredible the first few years I saw it, but after seeing the DL show magical it just looks less spectacular to say the least. I like the soundtrack and everything, and I very much doubt they could implement DL's tinkerbell flight, but I think a new show would be a welcomed change.

I think you are on to something there. A new fireworks show could be created for the 40th more economically than a new parade could, and I bet that's the direction they are headed for the 40th. Compared to Magical, or Believe, or even Halloween Screams at Disneyland, Wishes needs some updating and plussing. The 40th would be a great time to do that, and could really be fun.

I'm sure we would have heard rumors of a big, new parade in the works for the 40th by now. While the actual anniversary is on October 1st, usually they start those celebrations in the spring before the actual day, so that a 40th celebration would go from March, 2011 through April, 2012, or maybe even through the Summer of 2012.

They don't usually start the celebration on the actual date of October 1st, do they? I remember them always starting six months earlier, in the spring leading up to the anniversary date. Or am I remembering that wrong? :confused:

It would seem to me that any major celebration of the 40th would begin about three months from now. We should have already heard parade rumors, if that was the case.

Tigger1988

They don't usually start the celebration on the actual date of October 1st, do they? I remember them always starting six months earlier, in the spring leading up to the anniversary date. Or am I remembering that wrong? :confused:

Anniversary celebrations start the day of. The 25th celebration ran from Oct 1996 to sometime in 1998.

We of course have not seen another major anniversary celebration for WDW since.

TP2000

Anniversary celebrations start the day of. The 25th celebration ran from Oct 1996 to sometime in 1998.

We of course have not seen another major anniversary celebration for WDW since.

Hmm, I guess you are right. Thanks for clarifying. I think I am jumbling up other "celebrations" that started in the winter or spring at the Anaheim and Tokyo parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom