Why no ElecTRONica for DHS or PI?

PalisadesPkteer

There is an actual old Trolly in Lake Compounce theme park near me in Connecticut.

They run it to end of track, then on same track after they change the operating handle run the Trolly back to the starting end. They could use this approach at DHS.

As for ElecTronica, it would be best to put in in the old PI area. You would have the feel of the old PI back but with a new kick to it. Old PI area would be the best spot IMHO.

Here is a video of a 1 way trip on the Lake Compounce Trolly to Thunder Rapids side of park.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyX21dbuV-s

Then you could jump back on later when its there to ride to Amusement ride water park side of park

stitch2008

Wow, I completely disagree (at least about the themeing, I agree Kali is way too short). I think the gritty African and Aisan villages are some of the most beautiful themeing Disney has ever done. I don't find anything depressing about it, for me it creates a realistic and adventurous enviroment. And I hate to break it to you, but most rual African and Asian villages are very much like that in reality.

I completely understand that many disagree with this POV. But many also agree. Maybe overproducing crap isn't the best way to go in some people's eyes. These aren't new ideas. The overdesigning rundown stuff is a great dividing point for those who like or dislike the park. Just because my opinions aren't yours don't make them invalid.

I am thrilled that so many people go googoogaagaa over the park. A 15% swing in those who don't like the park design and it is a failure of a park.

A failure of a park theme wise? :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I couldn't disagree more. Africa and Asia are very well themed. I think Dinosaur is exciting as well What do you think these villages look like? Housing developments?

Of course Disney could of themed Africa to something that looked better. They could have used Johannesburg, capital of South Africa. But then it totally defeats the purpose a theme park with animals. You wont find animals in Jo'burg. The theme is great the way it is cause you feel like your out in the wild. Away from civilization and on an adventure. That's the way things look.

Do you really think people will move out of the way for the trolley? I bet someone will be stupid and get hurt and knock it out of comission just like the Toontown Trolley.

My hope in humanity is not high ;D

Neither is mine. I mean if we need projections to show which way to get off HM and lap bars on Splash to keep people from standing up half way through the ride, I'd hate to see what would happen with a trolley. I love the idea though. Great idea, but stupid guests. :lol:

TP2000

Speaking of ElecTRONica (ok, I know it hasn't been discussed in the last 3 pages)...this is amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9uFtd09Yt4&feature=player_embedded

I agree!

Amidst all that elecTRONica has to offer; the packed dance floors, the wild go-go dancers, the glowing cocktails, the 1980's synth-pop soundtrack, the retro video games, the crazy digital tech projections on the buildings, etc., etc....

This LaserMan guy and his hourly shows are quite impressive to behold. As with most things in life, YouTube can not really do it justice. You have to see it in person to truly appreciate it. Bravo to Disneyland management for booking this LaserMan guy for nightly shows at elecTRONica through Christmas. :sohappy:

WDWFigment

I agree!

Amidst all that elecTRONica has to offer; the packed dance floors, the wild go-go dancers, the glowing cocktails, the 1980's synth-pop soundtrack, the retro video games, the crazy digital tech projections on the buildings, etc., etc....

This LaserMan guy and his hourly shows are quite impressive to behold. As with most things in life, YouTube can not really do it justice. You have to see it in person to truly appreciate it. Bravo to Disneyland management for booking this LaserMan guy for nightly shows at elecTRONica through Christmas. :sohappy:

If I didn't already have a WDW Christmas trip booked, I think we'd be out there again this year for the Christmas-season. I have never even seen Tron, don't have much interest in it, and yet this looks awesome. I thought Glow Fest was pretty decent (my wife loved it...we would've spent hours back there if it were her call), but this takes it to a totally new level. Almost not even comparable. :eek:

Debating whether to do WDW or DLR in the Spring right now. WDW has Destination D, which intrigues me, and probably F&GF or Star Wars Weekends, but if this gets extended, I think we'll be out there.

Orange Bird

I'm glad there is no ElecTRONica at WDW. It's basically a rave. I don't feel comfortable taking my kids there. The clientele that I witnessed there--and the seriously vulgar language I heard at 7:30 pm in a Disney theme park was unreal. I won't repeat it here. It's one thing to witness that kind of behavior at PI at midnight, it's something else to witness it outside of the Monsters Inc attraction before 3 year olds are in bed.

JimboJones123

I'm glad there is no ElecTRONica at WDW. It's basically a rave. I don't feel comfortable taking my kids there. The clientele that I witnessed there--and the seriously vulgar language I heard at 7:30 pm in a Disney theme park was unreal. I won't repeat it here. It's one thing to witness that kind of behavior at PI at midnight, it's something else to witness it outside of the Monsters Inc attraction before 3 year olds are in bed.

Thank you. That iis exactly what I meant by saying it doesn't match the WDW tone.

Fable McCloud

I think having a Tron-themed club in PI would be the most appropriate way to add it into the parks. No crazy raving in the actual parks, which keeps it family-friendly, and an either 18+ or 21+ club would be a nice place for the older crowd to go on PI.

Really, I just enjoy glowing stuff, and Tron was chock full of that. Having a club with that kind of theme would be nifty, and by having on PI it would again, keep it away from the small ones.

disnyfan89

The only reason why DCA has ElcTRONica is because DL entertainment department took HUGE offence to GlowFest which was run by an outside entertainment company. DL entertainment wanted to prove that they could throw a bigger, better, wilder, more popular party all on their own. All ElecTRONica is, is the Entertainment department showing that they have bigger balls. :rolleyes:

Having had the opportunity to meet and observe some of the upper Entertainment show directs, performers, etc, etc... and having talked one on one with those who have worked with them I have never meet so many individuals who are so full of themselves and do what ever it takes to prove that they have the superior knowledge and ability and then will do it in such an egotistical way.

However, you can't say they don't deliver a quality product, even if it lacks the warmth, love, passion, and character that WDW's entertainment department brings to the table.

EpcotServo

^These last few posts are just sad. I understand the opinion, but it's grounded in misplaced intentions, and unreasonable thinking. Anyone who thinks ElecTRONica is a "rave" or in any way offending, cold, or not for familes is like the people who drive through a middle class neighborhood and think it's a ghetto.

And is part of the reason we can't have cool or nice things here in WDW, ever.

I look forward to nothing but Fantasyland, Duffy, and budget cutbacks for the rest of the thread and the rest of WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom