Why no "Classy" value resorts

rcapolete

Original Poster
Don't get me wrong i have stayed at POP twice and loved it since i have 2 small kids but it always seemed weird especially with the Art of Animation being built that Disney never made a Value resort that doesn't include a kids theme or a bunch of 25 ft tall statues. I think they are missing out on a good portion of the population that would stay at a values resort if it was themed towards adults and not so much kids.

Days_Inn_Corpus_Christi.jpg

There ya go

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Two words......It's Disney.

Speaking from an architectural and cost standpoint the buildings at the value resorts are nothing more than a very plane Jane, utilitarian hotel with over the top decoration tacked on the side. This provides a Disney look that is not only inexpensive to do but inexpensive to repair and maintain. If you were to go any other direction other than possibly modern minimalism the cost to build and maintain would be to high to maintain a value price point. A minimalist value resort would end up looking like a motel 6.

CaptainJackNO

Days_Inn_Corpus_Christi.jpg

There ya go

I have never stayed at a Days Inn that compares to the values.

I have stayed at all values and at CBR, POR, POFQ, and can say that the values, given what is offered, are very good. I have no problem staying at the values again, if I choose to.

I like the moderates more, but don't feel the values are as bad as many make them out to be. The biggest problem is if you stay when there are school groups or teams there. Other than that, I think the value decor is suited for kids. If Disney did offer a value that was more adult centered, you would see a decline in the moderates, I think. But as others have said, the values are made for less expensive maintenance and upkeep.

C&D

The great thing about the 'moderates' is that the pace (of things) slows down but there is still the value of a food court; my favorite is the Riverside (antebellum south beauty with a sophistication second to none). IMHO

njDizFan

Not familiar with the demographics of each resort. I imagine the values are more popular with families with children. More people per party, more money to spend on prices that are static i.e. tickets, food , merchandise etc... so you have to save somewhere.

ABigBrassBand

You get what you pay for, to be honest. The values are themed like that because they will attract families,and it's Disney, so this is inevitable. If you want to be treated like an adult, it looks like you just have to shell out more money.

R W B

Not familiar with the demographics of each resort. I imagine the values are more popular with families with children. More people per party, more money to spend on prices that are static i.e. tickets, food , merchandise etc... so you have to save somewhere.

I agree 100% with this. Most people at values have kids and I know even as im in my early 20s, I find most of the resorts boring and bland looking so I can only imagine what kids think of most of them too. Disney new that those resorts would have alot of kids so why not brighten them up some with huge statues and bright colors?

Motorpro

You get what you pay for, to be honest. The values are themed like that because they will attract families,and it's Disney, so this is inevitable. If you want to be treated like an adult, it looks like you just have to shell out more money.

If you want to be an adult why go to Disney? I go to Disney to be a kid.

rsoxguy

Welcome to Walt Disney World's newest Value Resort, the New York Inn. Step inside to one of our classier resorts as we pamper you in Disney style, all fashioned after our Hollywood Studio's Streets of America!

008_765_8th_avenue--300x400.jpg

At Walt Disney World's New York Inn, we're so classy, even your dog gets the royal princess treatment!

hotel-for-dogs-trailer.jpg

Yes, we'll pamper you with our deluxe room accommodations!
Classy!

ostel2qi7.jpg

You'll won't be able to contain yourself as you dream of returning from a hot day at the parks for a relaxing time in the tub. Our deluxe bathrooms ooze (literally) with class at Walt Disney World's New York Inn.

dirty-bathtub.jpg

Did We mention the pool? Nothing but the best for classy guests in a classy resort!

JF6q.jpg

Our extensive art collection lets your relatives know that you're no cheapskate. Take them for a tour of our lobby and impress them as you describe each work with a level of knowledge that says, "I'm classy, and I can prove it".

graffiti.jpg

Sick of theme park food? Save some room in your discerning tummy for your return to Walt Disney World's New York Inn! Our deluxe dining accommodations will leave you and your family picking your teeth all the way back to your room with a knowledge that class is sitting on the end of those little wooden picks in your hands!

mcdonaldsgrab_450x300.jpg

Yes folks, make your reservations immediately, as space is limited and demand is sure to skyrocket quicker than the fireworks at Wishes. We'll be here waiting!

bell_boy.jpg

Since1976

Welcome to Walt Disney World's newest Value Resort, the New York Inn. Step inside to one of our classier resorts as we pamper you in Disney style, all fashioned after our Hollywood Studio's Streets of America!

That is some realistic theming!! :ROFLOL:

ddbowdoin

100% spot on

rcapolete

Original Poster
I understand that the more you pay the nicer the hotel but with that said there is no reason that they can't theme a value resort to be something other then what they are. There are plenty of adults that are on a budget also and may not have young kids that these hotels are geared to. It doesn't have to be anything over the top like the yacht club or poly but it can still be elegent even using the same layout of the value hotels. Again don't get me wrong I have stayed at the POP twice and liked it a lot but as my kids get older would like another type of value to chose from

The Empress Lilly

Don't get me wrong i have stayed at POP twice and loved it since i have 2 small kids but it always seemed weird especially with the Art of Animation being built that Disney never made a Value resort that doesn't include a kids theme or a bunch of 25 ft tall statues. I think they are missing out on a good portion of the population that would stay at a values resort if it was themed towards adults and not so much kids.
I think I get where you're coming from.

Value resorts have to be cost conscious. They can not be themed like the Ply. However, is 'oversized everyday objects' the best Disney can do on a budget? Sutrely with some creativity one can build a value hotel with a slightly more sophisticated theming?

The look of the values gets old very quickly, two walks and you get it, yoyu've seen it. There's only so many times you can see a gigantic pair of country boots and be enchanted by it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom